• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Decapitated victim identified as teacher who showed drawings of the Prophet Muhammad

Make art depicting Jesus or Mary in the most despicable way and you get some complaints. Show a picture of Muhammad and get killed. Something seems wrong here.
Making art that shows Mary anally raping Jesus with a strap-on while giving the Donkey a blowjob doesn't get some complaints, it wins you fucking ART AWARDS and you get praise thrown all over you like a bukkake session.

There are some serious issues in this world.

TheContact

Gold Member
Jan 22, 2016
the way I understand the Koran, it was written in two major parts over 20 some years, one in Mecca and one in Medina. After Mohammad went to Medina from Mecca, he was persecuted by the people in Mecca, and that's where a lot of the violent chapters take place. A unique part about the Koran is that, unlike the Bible and the Torah, there is a rule in place for any contradictions that may occur. The rule is that, if there's a contradiction in the texts, then whatever was written later is true. Since the texts that were written in Mecca was largely peaceful, which is where we get the "religion of peace" from, anything written in Medina which is largely violent which contradicts the texts in Mecca is considered "canon" since this rule is in place. This is how radical Islamists are able to justify the murders because their religion tells them it's OK to do so because of how Mohammad was treated in Medina and how he advocated violence against non-muslims and the like. The shia-sunni split is a whole different problem but it's still used as a justification for violence. Islam is also the second most popular religion at around 1.9 billion followers (Christianity is 2.4b).

not hating on the religion, just pointing this out. one of my co-workers at my last job was an extremely religious muslim and he was one of the nicest people i've ever met. it's all about how you choose to interpret it. for every radical islamist there's hundreds of thousands of peaceful ones. unfortunately, the way the koran is written makes it easier for people to be radicalized than other religions.

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

Jun 21, 2013
Montpellier

The real outrage should be why didn't the Paris police shoot him in the leg like JOE BIDEN demanded?!?!
He had a suicide vest apparently, he was apparently 18 year old, so probably not smart enough to plan it all on his own.
They would have gotten him alive if they could to get to the others.

Last edited:

RedVIper

Jun 13, 2017
"Right wing extremist on the rise", says UN report, "we need to fight against ring wing parties".

Left wing parties support more uncontrolled immigration, which leads to more "right wing" extremist, which they use to get support for left wing parties, which they use to support more uncontrolled immigration....

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
"Right wing extremist on the rise", says UN report, "we need to fight against ring wing parties".

Left wing parties support more uncontrolled immigration, which leads to more "right wing" extremist, which they use to get support for left wing parties, which they use to support more uncontrolled immigration....
Vicious cycle to terraform western countries.

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
Like I tell all my friends. If the scriptures only contained messages like “love everyone” and “treat everyone kindly no matter who they are” there would be no room for interpretation.

Sure there are good people who are Muslims, most are. But that’s because they’re good people. They choose to look at the good in things and interpret things in a positive way. However, vulnerable people who are easily influenced can be brainwashed by Islam’s teachings and brainwashed to do evil.

Reactions: Yakuzakazuya

IDKFA

Jan 15, 2017
Condolences to the family and friends of the victim.

I'm really not sure what else to say. I have lost hope that we'll ever stop these kind of sick, religious motivated attacks.

Kreen101

Sep 4, 2019
French people, call upon Éric Zemmour to run for President. He alone can save your country.

joe_zazen

May 2, 2017
the way I understand the Koran, it was written in two major parts over 20 some years, one in Mecca and one in Medina. After Mohammad went to Medina from Mecca, he was persecuted by the people in Mecca, and that's where a lot of the violent chapters take place. A unique part about the Koran is that, unlike the Bible and the Torah, there is a rule in place for any contradictions that may occur. The rule is that, if there's a contradiction in the texts, then whatever was written later is true. Since the texts that were written in Mecca was largely peaceful, which is where we get the "religion of peace" from, anything written in Medina which is largely violent which contradicts the texts in Mecca is considered "canon" since this rule is in place. This is how radical Islamists are able to justify the murders because their religion tells them it's OK to do so because of how Mohammad was treated in Medina and how he advocated violence against non-muslims and the like. The shia-sunni split is a whole different problem but it's still used as a justification for violence. Islam is also the second most popular religion at around 1.9 billion followers (Christianity is 2.4b).

not hating on the religion, just pointing this out. one of my co-workers at my last job was an extremely religious muslim and he was one of the nicest people i've ever met. it's all about how you choose to interpret it. for every radical islamist there's hundreds of thousands of peaceful ones. unfortunately, the way the koran is written makes it easier for people to be radicalized than other religions.
so it is peaceful as long as you don’t believe it? Or oversimplification?

Riven326

Would place his sister in the spank bank.
Mar 25, 2019
United States
Islam and Muslims should be banned from western countries. It's the only way to stop this crap. You don't see Christians killing people because they make fun of Christ. It's obvious that Islam itself is the problem. But nobody wants to do anything about it because muh brown people.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
I'll wager the places that urge us to remember that this is a terrible isolated incident, not at all representative of a collective...

...have no such concerns with 'ACAB' and the like.
My favorite is when the left and far left go to bat with their far right pet project. They will prop them up until they are no longer useful.

Reactions: TKOFromTokyo
Feb 25, 2013
Leviticus 19:18
Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against any of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

Deuteronomy 32:35
Vengeance is Mine; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; for their day of disaster is near, and their doom is coming quickly.

1 Samuel 26:10
David added, "As surely as the LORD lives, the LORD Himself will strike him down; either his day will come and he will die, or he will go into battle and perish.

1 Samuel 26:11
But the LORD forbid that I should stretch out my hand against the LORD's anointed. Instead, take the spear and water jug by his head, and let us go."

Psalm 94:1
O LORD, God of vengeance, O God of vengeance, shine forth.

Proverbs 20:22
Do not say, "I will avenge this evil!" Wait on the LORD, and He will deliver you.

Proverbs 24:29
Do not say, "I will do to him as he has done to me; I will repay the man according to his work."

Jeremiah 51:36
Therefore, this is what the LORD says: "Behold, I will plead your case and take vengeance on your behalf; I will dry up her sea and make her springs run dry.

Romans 12:17
Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Carefully consider what is right in the eyes of everybody.

Ephesians 4:27
and do not give the devil a foothold.

1 Thessalonians 4:6
and no one should ever violate or exploit his brother in this regard, because the Lord will avenge all such acts, as we have already told you and solemnly warned you.

2 Timothy 4:14
Alexander the coppersmith did great harm to me. The Lord will repay him according to his deeds.

Hebrews 10:30
For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is Mine; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge His people."

If only we wouldn't handwave and admonish the people stating these things simply because they're Christians. How different would the world be? Whether you believe or not, these are wise concepts to ponder and live by. They teach to deescalate from anger, to not let it control you. They've brought much peace to my personal life and the lives of many I've known in dire times where crossing the line seems tempting.

x1

Saiyu

Mar 21, 2007
Maybe Richard Dawkins was onto something when he called Islam the "most evil" religion..

Nah what am I thinking, all of them are as bad as each other. Derp

TheContact

Gold Member
Jan 22, 2016
so it is peaceful as long as you don’t believe it? Or oversimplification?
technically if you follow the koran canonically, it's not peaceful at all. You could make the same case about some of the verses in the Bible and Torah though. The thing about the Bible/Torah is that a lot of it is open to interpretation, and there isn't a rule saying what to do in case of a contradiction. So the Bible has some pretty nasty stuff, but also a lot of good things. Most sensible people would just do the good things, though christianity has been the cause of a lot of horrific events though most religions, and lack of religion (human nature can be just terrible) cause a lot of horrible things to happen. ex. leviticus 20:13 says to kill any man that lies with another man, but mark 12:31 says to love your neighbor as you love thyself. as we progress as a civilization, less Christians follow through with the whole murdering of gay people thing, and there aren't any repercussions for that even though the bible says you should kill those who commit homosexual acts. The Koran still justifies that behavior. Most of the muslims you run into are extremely nice and peaceful people though who straight up don't follow the violent parts of the Koran, but it sadly allows for radicalization unlike any other religion.

Airola

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
Finland
Making art that shows Mary anally raping Jesus with a strap-on while giving the Donkey a blowjob doesn't get some complaints, it wins you fucking ART AWARDS and you get praise thrown all over you like a bukkake session.

There are some serious issues in this world.
There's the "Piss Christ" art piece, and a lot of black metal shirts with all kinds of hyper blasphemous stuff depicted in them. The edgy kids used to wear Cradle of Filth shirts late 90's and early 2000's and no-one was killed for them.

Breakage

Mar 3, 2014
Looks as if the killer was an 18-year-old Chechen immigrant.

Edit: not a single mention of “Islam” or “Islamic” in the Guardian's reporting of this story. They even refer to the Charlie Hebdo attacks at the end but avoid any connections to Islam:

Last edited: