• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Decapitated victim identified as teacher who showed drawings of the Prophet Muhammad

Boswollocks

and Ceramide R
Apr 19, 2019
Mars
Fuck this. Time to plaster pictures of the prophet mohammed in every street, in every city in every country in the Western world.

I would feel empathy for those sensible, decent and peaceful Muslims who would be offended by such a manouvre, but it would flush out the crazies the quickest way possible. Once justice has been served in each country, we could then move forward as a more peaceful society.

Last edited:

showernota

Jun 6, 2020
ex. leviticus 20:13 says to kill any man that lies with another man, but mark 12:31 says to love your neighbor as you love thyself. as we progress as a civilization, less Christians follow through with the whole murdering of gay people thing, and there aren't any repercussions for that even though the bible says you should kill those who commit homosexual acts.
Hey, include the whole shebang if you're going there.
Leviticus 20
9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

11 And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

12 And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

14 And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.

15 And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.

16 And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Fortunately, it was ordained in the Old Testament that there would come a new covenant, fulfilled by the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ. Nullifying the old laws.

Hebrews 8
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Hebrews 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Jesus said:
Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Therefore:
Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
That is why Paul, in the New Testament, ascribes that the punishment for a man (of the church) sleeping with his mother (and not repenting) should be removal from the church body, and not death. Further, verse 10 he explicitly excludes non-believers from this, as we should not forsake those who don't believe (much less murder them).

1 Corinthians 5
1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles, that a man has his father’s wife.

2 But you are arrogant. Instead you should have mourned, so that he who has done this deed might be removed from among you.

3 For indeed, though absent in body but present in spirit, I have already, as if I were present, judged him who has done this deed,

4 in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. When you are assembled, along with my spirit, in the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

5 deliver him to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that the spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord Jesus.

6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch?

7 Therefore purge out the old yeast, that you may be a new batch, since you are unleavened. For even Christ, our Passover, has been sacrificed for us.

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old yeast, nor with the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to keep company with sexually immoral people.

10 Yet I did not mean the sexually immoral people of this world, or the covetous and extortioners, or the idolaters, since you would then need to go out of the world.

11 But I have written to you not to keep company with any man who is called a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner. Do not even eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?

13 But God judges those who are outside. Therefore “put away from among yourselves that wicked person.”
"Civilization," "social progress," or "modern morals" have absolutely nothing to do with reshaping Christianity. We were squared away over 2020 years ago with the death and resurrection of Christ, our Lord and Savior.

Last edited:

Eternal21

Nov 14, 2013
Absolutely terrible

WTF.
"What the guy did was wrong as well"

Talking as if beheading someone and showing a picture are somehow comparable offenses
I love how how that tool starts with "Stop the ignorance...", and then proceeds to demonstrate his stupidity with two glaring errors in the same sentence.

joe_zazen

May 2, 2017
Looks as if the killer was an 18-year-old Chechen immigrant.

Edit: not a single mention of “Islam” or “Islamic” in the Guardian's reporting of this story. They even refer to the Charlie Hebdo attacks at the end but avoid any connections to Islam:
information is dangerous.

Reactions: Breakage

IDKFA

Jan 15, 2017
Reshitera actually frequently hates on Islam and religion in general. While also loving Muslims and minorities/immigration.
I've noticed that about the left.

They hate organised religion, especially Christianity, but refuse to say anything negative about Islam in the slightest. Anybody who does so is labeled "islamphobic". 🙄

Reactions: RedVIper and Saiyu
Oct 26, 2018
That's Islam for ya.

They sure love beheadings when they don't get their way. Ouch. If anything, the religion should me mocked for a junky belief which loves killing people and intertwines with a culture that treats women as shitheads who are capped at what they can do in life. You hear about all the dumb shit like women can't drive or be allowed to be by themselves at night and stuff like that. Probably some other Islam/Sharia Laws double dose of junk out there too.

Amazing how the world accepts it.

Well, give China credit for one thing. They don't stand for overbearing religious stuff. If any Muslim dude tries crazy shit like this in Beijing, he'd get his ass kicked in so deep, his ass would come out of his mouth. China seems like place where if you wanna be religious go ahead but keep it on the down low and do it at home.

Notice how no Islam people test their luck doing this shit in China. They all shout their mouths.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hayfield

Riven326

Would place his sister in the spank bank.
Mar 25, 2019
United States

They hate organised religion, especially Christianity, but refuse to say anything negative about Islam in the slightest. Anybody who does so is labeled "islamphobic". 🙄
Because muh brown people. The only cow that's more sacred to them is the T's.

• Strength
Reactions: IDKFA

niilokin

Feb 21, 2019
I will acknowledge the dark age being finally over when that shit stain religion either reforms itself or gets thrown into the trash bin by the seculars.

Last edited:

RokkanStoned

Jan 14, 2018
Norway
Fucking disgrace, even more if it's because of showing a drawing of Muhammad. Ever since the whole debacle of either Muhammad caricatures or just pictures of Muhammed causing violent attacks and murders, I've been disappointed in western response. Lots of "but..." that would've never happened if the assailant was a christian. Freedom of speech is one of the ideals I hold the most dear and which I'll never relent.
Even when drama about "blasphemy" happened in Norway during the last case of our "blasphemy laws" (luckily removed in 2015, though being not in use since 1934), which was Arnulf Øverland's lecture "Christianity - The 11th Plague of the Land", only thing that happened was drama for the most part and pressure to charge Øverland for it. He was acquitted and that was it. Funny enough, his lecture was due to lots of christians going up in arms about "The Green Pastures" being put on as a play in Oslo. (which at the time also got a lot of reactions from nazis as they didn't like it either, as it was displaying a black american's understanding/view of christianity)

Really, I wished even back in 2006, with the whole Muhammad caricatures debacle, that most of the media wrote a piece on the incident and included a drawing of how they view Muhammad or imagine how he looked like. Then it would've overall set a strong stance to those terrorists using violence to bring fear and control you.

Hope there's no wishy-washy response this time. Ridiculing and criticizing religions and religious figures is something that absolutely should be allowed, no matter what its followers might think about it. The response should be through words and not violence. Babying islam is just ridiculous (as some did back in 2006 and with Charlie Hebdo) and it's partially insulting in a paternalistic way.
At the same time the blanket "hurr durr religion of peace" or "islam must be destroyed" is also ridiculous. It's a religion and its existence has its right. Religions are not singular things stuck in time. Religion has branches, it has different interpretations and each follower also have their perspectives. As much as I've spent most of my youth criticizing christianity, even wanting it gone, that doesn't entail forcibly removing it. Similarly with islam, which also is a religion that should equally be criticized as part of the three abrahamic religions.
Criticism of islam should be on point, otherwise it's just ignorant drivel. Which part of islam? Is it a structural issue in terms of how the faith is organized? Then point it out, but also be sure that you're not just doing a sweeping generalization. If the word "islam" and "muslim" is what triggers you, then you probably need to calm down and instead focus on issues instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Another part is of course that although a follower of X does something, it doesn't necessarily reflect back on X. Otherwise we'd have to basically remove all ideologies and religions. Maybe a lot of muslims, while not liking what was done, won't actually respond with violence? Otherwise we'd have to deal with a lot of terrorists everywhere constantly.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie - 12Deflections
Mar 1, 2017
That's Islam for ya.

They sure love beheadings when they don't get their way. Ouch. If anything, the religion should me mocked for a junky belief which loves killing people and intertwines with a culture that treats women as shitheads who are capped at what they can do in life. You hear about all the dumb shit like women can't drive or be allowed to be by themselves at night and stuff like that. Probably some other Islam/Sharia Laws double dose of junk out there too.

Amazing how the world accepts it.

Well, give China credit for one thing. They don't stand for overbearing religious stuff. If any Muslim dude tries crazy shit like this in Beijing, he'd get his ass kicked in so deep, his ass would come out of his mouth. China seems like place where if you wanna be religious go ahead but keep it on the down low and do it at home.

Notice how no Islam people test their luck doing this shit in China. They all shout their mouths.
bro thats because doing religion in china is like some 1984/Equilibrium underground type shit lol

MightySquirrel

Formerly 'Jautis'
Jan 7, 2018
the way I understand the Koran, it was written in two major parts over 20 some years, one in Mecca and one in Medina. After Mohammad went to Medina from Mecca, he was persecuted by the people in Mecca, and that's where a lot of the violent chapters take place. A unique part about the Koran is that, unlike the Bible and the Torah, there is a rule in place for any contradictions that may occur. The rule is that, if there's a contradiction in the texts, then whatever was written later is true. Since the texts that were written in Mecca was largely peaceful, which is where we get the "religion of peace" from, anything written in Medina which is largely violent which contradicts the texts in Mecca is considered "canon" since this rule is in place. This is how radical Islamists are able to justify the murders because their religion tells them it's OK to do so because of how Mohammad was treated in Medina and how he advocated violence against non-muslims and the like. The shia-sunni split is a whole different problem but it's still used as a justification for violence. Islam is also the second most popular religion at around 1.9 billion followers (Christianity is 2.4b).

not hating on the religion, just pointing this out. one of my co-workers at my last job was an extremely religious muslim and he was one of the nicest people i've ever met. it's all about how you choose to interpret it. for every radical islamist there's hundreds of thousands of peaceful ones. unfortunately, the way the koran is written makes it easier for people to be radicalized than other religions.
The best video I've seen on islam:

• Thoughtful
Reactions: BlueAlpaca

MightySquirrel

Formerly 'Jautis'
Jan 7, 2018
Leviticus 19:18
Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against any of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

Deuteronomy 32:35
Vengeance is Mine; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; for their day of disaster is near, and their doom is coming quickly.

1 Samuel 26:10
David added, "As surely as the LORD lives, the LORD Himself will strike him down; either his day will come and he will die, or he will go into battle and perish.

1 Samuel 26:11
But the LORD forbid that I should stretch out my hand against the LORD's anointed. Instead, take the spear and water jug by his head, and let us go."

Psalm 94:1
O LORD, God of vengeance, O God of vengeance, shine forth.

Proverbs 20:22
Do not say, "I will avenge this evil!" Wait on the LORD, and He will deliver you.

Proverbs 24:29
Do not say, "I will do to him as he has done to me; I will repay the man according to his work."

Jeremiah 51:36
Therefore, this is what the LORD says: "Behold, I will plead your case and take vengeance on your behalf; I will dry up her sea and make her springs run dry.

Romans 12:17
Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Carefully consider what is right in the eyes of everybody.

Ephesians 4:27
and do not give the devil a foothold.

1 Thessalonians 4:6
and no one should ever violate or exploit his brother in this regard, because the Lord will avenge all such acts, as we have already told you and solemnly warned you.

2 Timothy 4:14
Alexander the coppersmith did great harm to me. The Lord will repay him according to his deeds.

Hebrews 10:30
For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is Mine; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge His people."

If only we wouldn't handwave and admonish the people stating these things simply because they're Christians. How different would the world be? Whether you believe or not, these are wise concepts to ponder and live by. They teach to deescalate from anger, to not let it control you. They've brought much peace to my personal life and the lives of many I've known in dire times where crossing the line seems tempting.
If every single christian took this as gospel than there would be no christians left, in europe at least. Thank G for crusades.

Dec 4, 2019

It's very peculiar indeed. Almost like it's by design.

Islam does not belong in europe, deport them fucking all and take back your countries western europe
I wish. WW2 made it verboten to even publicly mention such ideas.
In order to avoid a genocide, we will suffer our own demise/genocide.

My hope is that the French will be the ones with actual balls and start fixing this problem in their traditional style.
Enough has to be enough some day. Get the ball rolling.

Islam is fundamentally incompatible with western liberal values, I don't know why we pretend the opposite.

I'm also not amused by the lack of disavowment from 'moderate muslims' any time one of those freaks decides his pride is more important than someone else's life. It's like it's built in that the masses have to kowtow to the extremists.

Fuck Islam.