• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

News Decapitated victim identified as teacher who showed drawings of the Prophet Muhammad

showernota

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2020
Please PM me the full study/report, I'm assuming you paid the $44 and aren't just going off the title and abstract. Until then I can't comment on it.
Article Purchase 24 hours to view or download: USD 44.00
I'll give this incredibly long video a listen. So far (6m in) all he's done is obfuscate Crowder's offhand remark referring to the Christian response as the 'second crusade,' hopefully it gets better in the next hour.

Last edited:

TKOFromTokyo

Jul 20, 2020
Last edited:

Kreen101

Sep 4, 2019
Like French essayist Éric Zemmour says, France has to stop ALL immigration for a number of years, because the problem with Islamism in France right now has to do with the sheer numbers of Muslim immigrants, who live concentrated in certain regions that have become "a State within the State", that is regions that no longer actually belong to France or follow French mores. People in those neighborhoods live like they would in Tunisia or Algeria, and "dirty Français" is a common insult.

Udham

Mar 3, 2011
My country has been at the reviving end of Islamic ugliness for about 800yrs.

It is incredible how we saved our civilisation but our leftists have wiped the history clean and some of them mass-murderers are remembered as “Great” and “Secular”.

Just a month ago, a Hindu girl who married to a Muslim guy, was beheaded by the husband, for not converting to Islam.

West has received enough warnings, they shouldn’t let this cult hold them to ransom in the name of secularism and tolerance.

Last edited:

A Regular Guy

Feb 23, 2018
That’s the beauty of it.
They will use “man-made laws” to justify and support their medieval acts.

The moderates, the Leftists would help them by either looking other way or suggesting if “they are doing it cuz they are pushed into a corner”.
Islam is in dire need of reformation, it's a shame that European leaders of the EU, allowed them to import their behavior and act as if assimilation is a form of oppression. Their leftist ideals they adopt has ruined all of Western Europe for the sake of brownie points

Last edited:

Udham

Mar 3, 2011
vote Joe

Islam is in dire need of reformation, it's a shame that European leaders of the EU, allowed them to import their behavior and act as if assimilation is a form of oppression. Their leftist ideals they adopt has ruined all of Western Europe for the sake of brownie points
Unfortunately, it cannot be reformed.
Because reformer would be the first to lose their head, literally.
People like Tarek Fateh have bounty on their heads

It’s the people who either need to brave enough to leave it or it has to be subdued by the state itself.
UAE has been successful by controlling the rogue elements who preach hate. Plus the prosperity of the region has curbed the factories of toxicity they call madarasas.

Reactions: Forsythia

mr.dilya

Jan 7, 2018
ell you should get over it. Judge these religions by what the Bible (specifically the New Testament for Christians, as Christ nullified the old laws in the OT), Torah, and Qur'an/Haddith say, not by what misguided people did hundreds, if not thousands of years ago.

This poor soul was killed this week, not in 1099. Don't infantilize the motivation for murder in 2020, judge it.
classic no true Scotsman fallacy. It’s only an issue when they do it, not you. When you do it it’s only due to misguidance. Like others have said, Islam is the youngest of the abrahamic religions so their atrocities are closer to our timeline and hence more visible within the full light of history. Save all the Christ talk, nobody cares. You might as well be telling me about Allah.

showernota

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2020
classic no true Scotsman fallacy. It’s only an issue when they do it, not you. When you do it it’s only due to misguidance. Like others have said, Islam is the youngest of the abrahamic religions so their atrocities are closer to our timeline and hence more visible within the full light of history. Save all the Christ talk, nobody cares. You might as well be telling me about Allah.
Again, this guy decapitated someone this week. It was misguidance in 1099, just like the majority of Muslims in the Middle East are being misguided currently by violent imams (again though, the Qur'an calls for the deaths of all non-Muslims). Now, I don't believe it's fair to give any benefit of the doubt or special considerations to a violent Muslim living in a western country. If it's going to take 700 more years for Muslim theology to catch up to "don't murder people," then these immigrants and refugees should probably not be allowed into these countries for 700 more years. I personally think most can, but the rules are so lax on immigration for fear of being seen as racist that the murderous ones are coming in freely.

"Save all the Christ talk," what a silly thing to say. It shows you don't have much knowledge regarding Abrahamic religions, and are instead lashing out at a specific religion because you are prejudiced against it, most likely due to your parents. If you're simping for Islam because of socjus reasons, just remember there are only ~500mil more Christians than Muslims in the world. And there are plenty of brown people who believe in Christ.

I wrote up this post and reread yours, so quick addendum:

Like others have said, Islam is the youngest of the abrahamic religions so their atrocities are closer to our timeline and hence more visible within the full light of history.
Yeah, no joke! He DECAPITATED someone 3 days ago. Further, we can go through the list of van/knife/suicide vest/honor killing/acid of peace stories specific only to Islam in the last decade, that's PRETTY CLOSE to our 'timeline.'

I love the Muslim people, and those who eschew the violent teachings of their religion are wonderful people. But to lump Judaism and Christianity in with Islam is naive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybrwzrd

lukilladog

Feb 6, 2018
Leviticus 19:18
Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against any of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

Deuteronomy 32:35
Vengeance is Mine; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; for their day of disaster is near, and their doom is coming quickly.

1 Samuel 26:10
David added, "As surely as the LORD lives, the LORD Himself will strike him down; either his day will come and he will die, or he will go into battle and perish.

1 Samuel 26:11
But the LORD forbid that I should stretch out my hand against the LORD's anointed. Instead, take the spear and water jug by his head, and let us go."

Psalm 94:1
O LORD, God of vengeance, O God of vengeance, shine forth.

Proverbs 20:22
Do not say, "I will avenge this evil!" Wait on the LORD, and He will deliver you.

Proverbs 24:29
Do not say, "I will do to him as he has done to me; I will repay the man according to his work."

Jeremiah 51:36
Therefore, this is what the LORD says: "Behold, I will plead your case and take vengeance on your behalf; I will dry up her sea and make her springs run dry.

Romans 12:17
Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Carefully consider what is right in the eyes of everybody.

Ephesians 4:27
and do not give the devil a foothold.

1 Thessalonians 4:6
and no one should ever violate or exploit his brother in this regard, because the Lord will avenge all such acts, as we have already told you and solemnly warned you.

2 Timothy 4:14
Alexander the coppersmith did great harm to me. The Lord will repay him according to his deeds.

Hebrews 10:30
For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is Mine; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge His people."

If only we wouldn't handwave and admonish the people stating these things simply because they're Christians. How different would the world be? Whether you believe or not, these are wise concepts to ponder and live by. They teach to deescalate from anger, to not let it control you. They've brought much peace to my personal life and the lives of many I've known in dire times where crossing the line seems tempting.
Christian scripture also demands death for heretics in several occasions:

showernota

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2020
You do not recognize the old testament as the word of God?.
OT laws are no longer applicable, thanks to Christ's sacrifice and resurrection.

ex. leviticus 20:13 says to kill any man that lies with another man, but mark 12:31 says to love your neighbor as you love thyself. as we progress as a civilization, less Christians follow through with the whole murdering of gay people thing, and there aren't any repercussions for that even though the bible says you should kill those who commit homosexual acts.
Hey, include the whole shebang if you're going there.
Leviticus 20
9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

11 And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

12 And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

14 And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.

15 And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.

16 And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Fortunately, it was ordained in the Old Testament that there would come a new covenant, fulfilled by the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ. Nullifying the old laws.

Hebrews 8
8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Hebrews 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
Jesus said:
Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Therefore:
Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
That is why Paul, in the New Testament, ascribes that the punishment for a man (of the church) sleeping with his mother (and not repenting) should be removal from the church body, and not death. Further, verse 10 he explicitly excludes non-believers from this, as we should not forsake those who don't believe (much less murder them).

1 Corinthians 5
1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles, that a man has his father’s wife.

2 But you are arrogant. Instead you should have mourned, so that he who has done this deed might be removed from among you.

3 For indeed, though absent in body but present in spirit, I have already, as if I were present, judged him who has done this deed,

4 in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. When you are assembled, along with my spirit, in the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

5 deliver him to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that the spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord Jesus.

6 Your boasting is not good. Do you not know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch?

7 Therefore purge out the old yeast, that you may be a new batch, since you are unleavened. For even Christ, our Passover, has been sacrificed for us.

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old yeast, nor with the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

9 I wrote to you in my letter not to keep company with sexually immoral people.

10 Yet I did not mean the sexually immoral people of this world, or the covetous and extortioners, or the idolaters, since you would then need to go out of the world.

11 But I have written to you not to keep company with any man who is called a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner. Do not even eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?

13 But God judges those who are outside. Therefore “put away from among yourselves that wicked person.”
"Civilization," "social progress," or "modern morals" have absolutely nothing to do with reshaping Christianity. We were squared away over 2020 years ago with the death and resurrection of Christ, our Lord and Savior.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: VlaudTheImpaler

Boswollocks

Gold Member
Apr 19, 2019
Mars
Can the Chamblerians please sit the fuck down and hand the reigns to the Churchills today, before the Adolfs invade Poland and we end up in a bitter, ugly , civil war within Europe.

We've given up the Rhineland, it's time to put a stop to this right now. It doesn't matter how ugly or uncomfortable it is today, because tomorrow will lead to the bloodshed of millions and the genocide and persecution of innocent Muslims, leading to the rise of the new communist revolution in Europe.

That's not an over-reaction, it's a prediction on the trajectory we're on. The Brits on this forum that aren't holed-up in a White-Gated communities and have seen some shit, will know exactly what i'm talking about.

lukilladog

Feb 6, 2018
Because of Christs sacrifice in his death the law is fulfilled and we no longer live under the law of the Old Testament.

We can learn lessons and obtain wisdom from the Old Testament for sure. It's still Gods word.
Is that scripture?

Ps: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (NIV, Matthew 5:17–18)

Last edited:

showernota

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2020
Is that scripture?

Ps: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (NIV, Matthew 5:17–18)
Did you ignore my post on purpose?

jason10mm

Feb 3, 2009
When Illan Omar and all other islamic politicians and imams hold up a picture of Muhammed and say "Islam must evolve, this is no longer a religious crime", then maybe I'll think that these guys are evolving and are worthy of tolerance.

Feb 25, 2013
It's theology.

Ephesians 2 is a good place to start. The version you read matters. Paraphrases really muddy the nuance of the message. I'd recommend ESV if you can't stomach KJV or NKJV. I like to use a Hebrew Greek translation along with it for more clarity where I need it.

So there's a lot of theology behind that verse and it does depend some on perspective, but it makes the most sense when looked at through the whole of the Bible. Jesus did come to fulfill the law, and Christians are no longer under the law but under grace. Romans 6 and 7 Paul talks about this more.

The OT law required animal sacrifice as temporary atonement for sin. Every time you sinned, the priest had to make another sacrifice for you. Isaiah talks in the OT about the "lamb of God who came to take away the sin of the world." And also at the original Passover feast the Israelites were told to paint the blood of an unblemished lamb on the top and sides of their doorposts and the angel of death would pass them over. All of these "puzzle pieces" were foreshadowing of the event to come.

Jesus was crucified on the passover holiday and by doing so fulfilled the OT prophecies and was the final and ultimate sacrifice for everyone's sin for all time. At the same time, the curtain in the Jewish temple that had always divided the holy of holies (where God was) from the Jews, split in two right when he died. God was saying that Jesus removed the sin that separated God from Man, Jesus is now the high priest and we have direct access to God, not bound by the law. The books of Mathew and Mark give more details on his death.

If we were still under the law and following it, then that includes animal sacrifice for sin. If then we're still atoning for our own sins through animal sacrifice, Christ's death becomes meaningless.

In Galatians 5 Paul is talking about circumcision, an OT law, and how we are no longer under the law (the yoke of bondage). There were some at the time who said the believing gentiles had to be circumcised as according to the law in order to be saved.

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. 2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. 4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. "

He goes on to say if we walk in the spirit (drawing close to God) we won't be living in sin.

Galatians 3:23-25 "But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. " (this whole chapter is a good one to read for better context)

We say this is due to his sacrifice because as he was crucified his last words where that it was finished.

John 19:28-30, 28 After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, “I thirst!” 29 Now a vessel full of sour wine was sitting there; and they filled a sponge with sour wine, put it on hyssop, and put it to His mouth. 30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

It's not too hard to pick a verse in the Bible and draw conclusions from it, but we really have to look at how it all fits together to create a unified message.

• Strength
Reactions: showernota

showernota

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2020
Yes, you and VlaudtheImpaler are making the same claim, Jesus said the law remains until everything is accomplished (which is until heaven and earth disappear.).
Christ is saying he hasn't come to erase the Old Testament (law and prophets) laws, but to fulfill them. He was perfect in his life, completely sinless, and for that reason fulfilled the impossible law with his death and resurrection. Christ died for us, and through Him (accepting Him, faith in Him, and repentance for our sins) we are given salvation by grace alone. On an eschatological, there are still prophetic parts of Scripture which Christ will fulfill upon His second coming to the Earth. Thus, God's Word, still law, will not pass away until that time.

Galations 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree.
Romans 6:14
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
EDIT: And again, your point was
Christian scripture also demands death for heretics in several occasions:
You've been given the reason (especially well by VlaudTheImpaler VlaudTheImpaler ) as to why the OT does not apply in this sense, and it is illustrated by the fact Christians do not go around murdering people for their sins. So we're saying it doesn't, and Christians don't, so I'm not sure what your argument is. Christians will be going to hell for not killing heretics?

Last edited:

niilokin

Feb 21, 2019
christians follow teachings of jesus who was a pacifist, muslims follow the teachings of mohammed who was a violent warlord and pedophile. christians don't religiously murder people, muslims do. how bad of a brain queef makes someone even consider to compare thse ?

Last edited:
Reactions: CloudNull

Riven326

Would place his sister in the spank bank.
Mar 25, 2019
United States
Tolerance isn't the same freedom. If you don't believe in religious freedom then you don't believe in the values that founded America.
You're right. I have my own values.

Islam has proven itself to be a thoroughly nasty religion full of violent miscreants that stubbornly refuse to leave the seventh century behind. It should be re-defined as terrorism and banned in all western countries.

This is the only way to stop the beheadings and other acts of terrorism committed in the name of this vile religion. Continuing to put our heads in the sand and pretend that it's only a few violent extremists will only result in more of the same.

Last edited:

lukilladog

Feb 6, 2018
Christ is saying he hasn't come to erase the Old Testament (law and prophets) laws, but to fulfill them. He was perfect in his life, completely sinless, and for that reason fulfilled the impossible law with his death and resurrection. Christ died for us, and through Him (accepting Him, faith in Him, and repentance for our sins) we are given salvation by grace alone. On an eschatological, there are still prophetic parts of Scripture which Christ will fulfill upon His second coming to the Earth. Thus, God's Word, still law, will not pass away until that time.

EDIT: And again, your point was

You've been given the reason (especially well by VlaudTheImpaler VlaudTheImpaler ) as to why the OT does not apply in this sense, and it is illustrated by the fact Christians do not go around murdering people for their sins. So we're saying it doesn't, and Christians don't, so I'm not sure what your argument is. Christians will be going to hell for not killing heretics?
You say it is still law, Jesus said it would remain unchanged until the final judgement, but at the same time its purpose "is fulfilled" and it no longer applies. Doesn´t that sound illogical to you?, like you want to have it both ways?. To me it is not clear that Jesus said he was going to fulfill the law, but the prophecies.

Ps.- Christians not following the law does not mean it is not there.