• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December 2020 NPD: Nintendo Switch was the best selling hardware platform in units and dollars for December and 2020.

Bodomism

Banned

Top selling software with Nintendo and CDPR without digital sales data.
Erxx5gxVgAE6m4J

Hardware December 2020
Nintendo Switch ~2M units

Hardware 2020 YTD
Nintendo Switch ~9M units
LTD for Switch should be around ~26M units.

Last edited:
Nintendo laughing at Microsoft‘s and Sony’s efforts. They’ll win ’21 as well I’m sure especially if expected Sony’s games (and console) drought realizes itself.

[Sigma]

Ghost continues with the strong sales:messenger_sunglasses:. Finished right behind TLOU2(which it is 100% gaining on slowly but surely lol)

Last edited:
Nintendo was in auto mode for a whole year after ACNH released on the market.

BOTW spinoff and Mario roms were enough for Nintendo to compete against next gen systems launch lol.
Everyone sold whatever they had. All the stores Ive gone to there are no consoles.

That demand will fizzle out. People will forget about it as expected games drought marches on. Scalpers will continue to wreak havoc for a long time to come. To be honest, 2014 was equally terrible year for games but early ‘15 Bloodborne launch and subsequent Witcher 3 megaton put the gen on the right track. This could actually be worse.

mckmas8808

Banned
That demand will fizzle out. People will forget about it as expected games drought marches on. Scalpers will continue to wreak havoc for a long time to come. To be honest, 2014 was equally terrible year for games but early ‘15 Bloodborne launch and subsequent Witcher 3 megaton put the gen on the right track. This could actually be worse.

There's ZERO percent chance it'll be worse, but it's started off better already. Unless, you think 90% of all good games will get delayed till 2022.

There's ZERO percent chance it'll be worse, but it's started off better already. Unless, you think 90% of all good games will get delayed till 2022.
I don't know what he is talking about. Unless most of the major games are delayed then 2021 is guareented to be much better than 2014. I don't think he realizes just how bad of a year 2014 was when it comes to gaming.

Last edited:
If it didn't go woke, the game, would've some legs and a shot at the second best selling Ps game.
But that won't happen, because word of mouth is bad.
The game was one of the best selling of the year because it has had legs. It was just in the sales charts in November too. Amazing that we still have idiots acting like this game stopped selling after the first 3 days.

ethomaz

Banned
If digital sales from Nintendo, Take Two, and CDPR were counted then TLOU2 isn't going to place on 6th.

MK8D, SM3DAS, GTAV, NBA2K, and CP2077 are ahead of TLOU2.
Yeap and you think that is a bad thing lol

I mean CoD is ahead too.

Last edited:
The game was one of the best selling of the year because it has had legs. It was just in the sales charts in November too. Amazing that we still have idiots acting like this game stopped selling after the first 3 days.

But it did. The game was already the third best Ps5 game ever in the US after just 2 months.
Now 4 months later it still didn't outsell God of War.

Amazing that we still have idiots acting like they know the sales of the game.

MrA

Banned

I think we can take that as 500 USD is considered an acceptable price for early adopters,
That is really great with only 6 months of sales.
that means it actually fell in the overall charts from 3rd best selling game of the year in July to 6th, an indicator of poor legs
it was also sony's third best life to date dollars back in July as well, behind the same 2 games, god of war and spider man, but that doesn't really tell much as they easily could have been way out ahead and it gained ground on them, they all could have been relatively steady, or it could have lost ground but stayed above the 4th best selling game

Bodomism

Banned
Yeap and you think that is a bad thing lol

I mean CoD is ahead too.
You were talking about leg

NPD chart for TLOU2.
June
- 1st
July - 4th(Become 3rd best selling PS games in the US)
August - 12th
September - out of top 20
November - out of top 20
December - out of top 20

TLOU2 already become 3rd best selling PS title thanks to the launch month.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I think we can take that as 500 USD is considered an acceptable price for early adopters,

that means it actually fell in the overall charts from 3rd best selling game of the year in July to 6th, an indicator of poor legs
it was also sony's third best life to date dollars back in July as well, behind the same 2 games, god of war and spider man, but that doesn't really tell much as they easily could have been way out ahead and it gained ground on them, they all could have been relatively steady, or it could have lost ground but stayed above the 4th best selling game
Fell? Are you looking the same charts?

ethomaz

Banned
NPD chart for TLOU2.

June - 1st
August - 12th
November - out of top 20
December - out of top 20

Like all others first-party games not released in the fall.

TLOU original did not chart too.

Haters gonna hate no matter the success, sales, awards and good word of mouth the game receive lol

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Nice to see MK11 hanging in there. Good for the genre. I still dont understand who doesnt have Mario Kart 8 at this point? Like who the hell is buying it? Immortayls Fenix Rising is much higher than I would have expected as it feels like that game kinda came and went. Havent had a chance to play it yet.

[Sigma]

You were talking about leg

NPD chart for TLOU2.
June
- 1st
August - 12th
November - out of top 20
December - out of top 20

In contrast for Ghost, December was the first month it didn't chart in the overall list(charted on the Playstation platform list tho).

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
MK8D, BOTW, and Smash Ultimate are examples of great legs of first party games.
Nintendo games sells really great... and?

Sorry TLOU2 didn't sell bad like you wished... the extreme opposite... it is really great... 3rd-best selling Sony first-party in US with only 6 months... it is 6 months of sales vs LTD of the others games.

It will probably reach GoD and perhaps Niche-man.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
You stated TLOU2 has a good leg despite the monthly NPD chart were telling you otherwise.
No first-party from Sony launched outside the fall charts in Fall NPD.

Truth.
TLOU launched in July I believe and it did not charted in NPD December 2013... ohhhhh that means no legz?

Plus the chart is revenue that tells nothing about legs.

Last edited:
But it did. The game was already the third best Ps5 game ever in the US after just 2 months.
Now 4 months later it still didn't outsell God of War.

Amazing that we still have idiots acting like they know the sales of the game.
The only idiot here is you. Oh it stopped selling after the first 3 days huh? Funny because it was in the top 10 in July's NPD. It was most recently in the top 10 selling PS4 games in November which is one of the busiest months of the year. The game has had consistent legs and your salty ass can't do nothing about it.

ethomaz

Banned
The only idiot here is you. Oh it stopped selling after the first 3 days huh? Funny because it was in the top 10 in July's NPD. It was most recently in the top 10 selling PS4 games in November which is one of the busiest months of the year. The game has had consistent legs and your salty ass can't do nothing about it.
Plus people here has very small memory.
They keep pushing TLOU2 have low price (actually $30 since November).
And when a revenue chart is showed against $60 priced games it has no legs lol

I mean TLOU2 have to sell twice of the units of a $60 game to be ahead it in a revenue chart.

Outside that there is the Nintendo crowd that believe that every games that doesn't have Nintendo sales is a failure when very few big multiplatforms have Nintendo first-party sales level.

Last edited:
Top Bottom