• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December EGM Cover Story Revealed

MisterHero

Flavius said:
I don't know.

Is that any worse than an original IP with a lot of hype that ends up being a shit game?
licensed gamess often have better chances of selling more, for example; Enter the Matrix

There aren't any real impression to the quality of this Watchmen game (yet), so maybe it should be given a chance.

but then I remember EGM's early preview of Enter the Matrix was really positive too. :p

Johann

Wurm said:
Cry-On dead. TRICO dead. Everything dead. You're dead. I am deading you.

Rorschach's Journal.

November 6th, 2008.

Dead fanboy in thread this morning, empty bottom on hopium meter. This forum is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The threads are hype machines and the machines are full of hopium and when the php processes finally runneth over, all the fanboys will drown. The accumulated failure of all their magazine speculation and fanboyism will foam up about their waists and all the Colossus lovers and Ico groupies will look up and shout 'preview Trico!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'no.'

Johann said:
Rorschach's Journal.

November 6th, 2008.

Dead fanboy in thread this morning, empty bottom on hopium meter. This forum is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The threads are hype machines and the machines are full of hopium and when the php processes finally runneth over, all the fanboys will drown. The accumulated failure of all their magazine speculation and fanboyism will foam up about their waists and all the Colossus lovers and Ico groupies will look up and shout 'preview Trico!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'no.'
Me_fist_pump_oscar_party_fs_fs.jpg

Spruchy said:
EGM: plz read us we r almost out of munnies.
Moovee tie in lulz! I uncultured plz teech.

ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDA

I JUST WANT TO MOUNT A COLOSSI! JEEZ DAD!

/expectant bystander

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
who the fuck gives a shit about a watchmen game!? There is a SUDA51 interviewwwwwww! someone read ittttt! I bust know it's content!

Buttonbasher said:
Moovee tie in lulz! I uncultured plz teech.

ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDA

I JUST WANT TO MOUNT A COLOSSI! JEEZ DAD!

/expectant bystander

I think you're ignoring the fact that nobody gives a shit about a Watchmen game.

TheMostGorgeous said:
I think you're ignoring the fact that nobody gives a shit about a Watchmen game.

Buttonbasher says:
I think the Watchmen game sounds like a cool idea
Buttonbasher says:
What do you think good friend of mine?
Armaan says:
Sounds like Obama and puppies rolled into one conglomerate of win, IMO.
Buttonbasher says:
Amen to that
Buttonbasher says:
...I think

Although both of us have actually read the book, and aren't just "Movie-Tie in" belly dancers.

Rub some honey on that waist, miss. It will sooth the soul, and give off a warming sensation. And it will be damn tasty to bees.

adam_grif

Banned
I know it's going to suck. But I'm still going to have to rent it at least.

Here's hoping it's average, as opposed to terrible.

If I were Alan Moore, I'd be fucking pissed.

Nice cover, though.

As much as I like Watchmen, this is seriously unnecessary. A prequel? Seriously? The comic did just fine in giving us enough background info on characters.

Most likely it'll just be Rorschach bashing in random thug faces.

For you heathens out there, "Manhattan" refers to Dr Manhattan, the all-blue, all-powerful nuclear being who single-handedly changed history and made the 80's into the weird, semi-sci fi version it is in Watchmen. And the sundial on the page refers to the doomsday clock which is set to 11:55, which means almost time for nuclear war.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Really like the cover but really? A movie license game was the big thing they couldn't talk about. Oh man.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kandinsky said:
I honestly thought it was going to be about the new Zelda:lol

Wtf why? :lol Like an American magazine would get that. :lol

If there were a big Nintendo conference scheduled and this was leaked a few days before that, maybe, but no way would they tease it.

Anasui Kishibe said:
there are not enough palms in the world to cover my face right now
Likewise.

A prequel? A FUCKING PREQUEL? FOR WATCHMEN?

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Of all things to ruin, why Watchmen? Watchmen is fucking brilliant. You aren't supposed to mess with such brilliance! I mean, not only does the movie have to look like shit, but they have to go and make a FUCKING VIDEO GAME FOR IT.

Fuck you, humanity.

bathala

Banned
Flavius said:
I don't know.

Is that any worse than an original IP with a lot of hype that ends up being a shit game?
i remember Gamepro back then hyping Star Wars Teras Kasi. :lol

I'm actually intrigue by watchmen game

Flavius

bathala said:
i remember Gamepro back then hyping Star Wars Teras Kasi. :lol

I'm actually intrigue by watchmen game

Oh, I remember that one myself. My buddy was so pumped up for it that he ran out and bought it shortly after release, then tried to convince the rest of us that it wasn't nearly as bad as we all (including him, really) thought it was. :lol

I don't know, I think Milky's made some, uh, kinda' odd calls since taking over at EIC, but...

1. We all know Ziff's troubles and obviously, things weren't working out the way they wanted them to (at least financially) the way they'd been doing it; and

2. Is this really so horrible a sin? I wouldn't equate an IP that has been relatively tightly controlled to just another movie license cash-in.

I'll do the unthinkable, and actually reserve judgment until we, you know, learn what the fucking game is about...and stuff.

pje122

U K Narayan said:
Likewise.

A prequel? A FUCKING PREQUEL? FOR WATCHMEN?

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Of all things to ruin, why Watchmen? Watchmen is fucking brilliant. You aren't supposed to mess with such brilliance! I mean, not only does the movie have to look like shit, but they have to go and make a FUCKING VIDEO GAME FOR IT.

Fuck you, humanity.

Holy shit cannot be quoted enough...

Top Bottom