• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| This title has been held by all the greats...and Triple H

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

strobogo

Banned
bash04.jpg

Honestly, if I could pick one WWE superstar to turn up in ROH...it'd be John Cena.

Imagine the insane heat he'd get just for showing up, let alone for overcoming the odds against someone like Elgin.

jmdajr

I found Randy Orton on ABC news

Randy Orton Wins WWE Championship

The puppet masters at the WWE have picked a new champion.

Randy "The Viper" Orton, who plays one of the villain types of professional wrestlers, body-slammed John Cena (whom the Social Climber once stood behind at an airport Burger King) to win the WWE's newly minted unified championship.

Apparently, the federation has historically had two separate heavyweight champs. Now they've got one.

Carnby

Randy "The Viper" Orton, who plays one of the villain types of professional wrestlers, body-slammed John Cena (whom the Social Climber once stood behind at an airport Burger King) to win the WWE's newly minted unified championship.

Apparently, the federation has historically had two separate heavyweight champs. Now they've got one.

Good read. Would read again.

jmdajr

Rock

WWE star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was named by Forbes.com as the highest grossing actor of 2013, as his films brought in a total of $1.3 billion worldwide this year.

It should be noted that this number is highest box offices grosses, and not personal earnings, as Robert Downey, Jr. was the highest paid actor of 2013, earning $75 million compared to The Rock's $46 million.

Xater

So it's not just wrestling fans that were baffled that this was the case.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Honestly, if I could pick one WWE superstar to turn up in ROH...it'd be John Cena.

Imagine the insane heat he'd get just for showing up, let alone for overcoming the odds against someone like Elgin.

Honestly, I'd pay damn good money to see that. It'll be the closest thing we'll see to a heel Cena these days.

Rock

WWE star Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson was named by Forbes.com as the highest grossing actor of 2013, as his films brought in a total of $1.3 billion worldwide this year.

It should be noted that this number is highest box offices grosses, and not personal earnings, as Robert Downey, Jr. was the highest paid actor of 2013, earning $75 million compared to The Rock's $46 million.

The Rock is best for business.

He would become the greatest heel of all time and he doesn't even have to change a thing about his character. Just cut those promos about how he shows up for work every day and works super hard, that he loves watching "Japanimation" and cut vignettes of him in his mansion with Nikki Bella watching Akira.

strobogo

Banned
The Rock is actually quite generous for coming back. It probably costs him money....

I would think if it doesn't cost him money directly, insurance on him would go up a ton every time he wrestlers.

Also, god damn this show is awful. Maybe worse than December to Dismember.

Jamie OD

Dave Meltzer trying to describe that AJ drawing on today's WO audio is probably the best wrestling related audio I will hear this month.

link

CampWWE-580x355.jpg

Get ready to rumble, because beginning in 2014, WWE Studios will be body slamming you with a tag team of cartoon collaborations and an original animated series based on their WWE Superstars called Camp WWE.

The adult web series, Camp WWE, which will be released on WWE’s digital platforms in 13 three-minute episodes, is a co-production with Film Roman (The Simpsons, King of the Hill), who is also co-financing the series with WWE. It will be written by Mike Benson (Entourage, The Bernie Mac Show), and will feature the wrestlers’ delinquent children sent off to be reformed by Mr. McMahon, “the most terrifying counselor who ever lived.”

And debuting on home video on March 25, John Cena, The Miz, Brodus Clay Kane and their associates will team up with Mystery, Incorporated in Scooby-Doo WrestleMania Mystery. A collaboration between WWE Studios and Warner Home Entertainment, the story centers on Scooby and the Gang’s attempts to solve the case of a mysterious ghost bear haunting the WrestleMania event in WWE City. This will be followed up by another DVD release in 2015, when The Flintstones attend the very first WWE event and attempt to exhaust viewers with a barrage of geologically themed monikers like Vince McMagma, John Cenastone and CM Punkrock.

Cagey

Banned

Oh definitely. We picked Mark Henry because that company needs a monster heel to crush fools and put on great matches with all the smaller guys, and in an intimate setting like Hammerstein, hearing Mark Henry talk shit to his opponent and the crowd all match long would be worth 5x the price of admission. Right now, everyone is too similar size-wise, and there's no monsters. Now that's a byproduct of being an indie, and not being able to get enormous guys (who get scooped up by WWE), but man would that be awesome.

Only problem in this fantasy world is that he'd be the most over thing since things were over if his music hit and he walked out the curtain.

jmdajr

Dave Meltzer trying to describe that AJ drawing on today's WO audio is probably the best wrestling related audio I will hear this month.

Never heard that guy speak until I listened to the Steve Austin interview. Annoying voice but at the same time he truly is a fan and seems to geek out on a ton of stuff.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Why does Brodus Clay have so much invested in him? He gets on the Scooby Doo Cartoon and has a Brawlin Buddy.

Kids love him. Well used to. Now I'm guessing we'll be getting monster Clay now. I can see him being the next "big" guy like Show and Henry are; he's a big guy who can be a lovable face or a monster heel.

Ithil

Meltzer and Alvarez earlier this year mentioning how the "twin magic" of the Bella twins in matches no longer works, was funny since Meltzer was trying to modestly explain why while not making any explicit references to the why, then Alvarez goes "the point Dave is trying to make is it doesn't work anymore because Nikki Bella now has great big fake tits".

Monster Funkasaurus is gonna be fun. Hopefully he'll get his own signature match, the Tokyo City hardcore match, wherein the ring is filled with a scale model of Tokyo for the wrestlers to fight in.

He could feud with Los Matadores/El Torito and they could defeat him by forming Bulltron

Rapstah

While we're on the subject of Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez, the guy Alvarez at one point was talking about who inspired the Total Divas storyline of someone drunk dialling Stephanie McMahon is supposedly Kofi Kingston.

Kids love him. Well used to. Now I'm guessing we'll be getting monster Clay now. I can see him being the next "big" guy like Show and Henry are; he's a big guy who can be a lovable face or a monster heel.

I didn't even realize he was 6' 7" Imagine if the dude got halfway in shape, he could look the part of a beast heel

Ithil

While we're on the subject of Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez, the guy Alvarez at one point was talking about who inspired the Total Divas storyline of someone drunk dialling Stephanie McMahon is supposedly Kofi Kingston.

Punk must have gotten some awkward phone calls in the middle of the night.

Xater

Meltzer and Alvarez earlier this year mentioning how the "twin magic" of the Bella twins in matches no longer works, was funny since Meltzer was trying to modestly explain why while not making any explicit references to the why, then Alvarez goes "the point Dave is trying to make is it doesn't work anymore because Nikki Bella now has great big fake tits".

I love Alvarez for moments like this.

Top Bottom