• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deep Down is Free to play, beta near PS4 Japan launch

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
@yosp 7:57 PM
Capcom just announced that "deep down" will be a f2p game on
PS4, planning open Beta near the launch of PS4 in Japan. @Yoshi_OnoChin

BUp5q0CCYAA0F4U.jpg

Vire

As someone who probably wouldn't have bought it before, I guess this is cool that I get to play it for free.

Knowing Capcom the micro transactions will be horrible.

Silky

Banned
Capcom?

Free to Play?

Capcom

Next Gen title?

Capcom?

/the/?

Yeaaaaah this is a recipe for disaster. Hope Ono knows what he's doing.

Mystery

If I can get a solid gaming experience for $60 or less worth of microtransactions, I'll be fine with f2p. If they nickle and dime me all the way past $60, I'll be upset.

Kukuk

Banned
With the gameplay videos, they kind of lost me. Didn't look too terribly interesting, but since it's free to play, I might give it a shot.

Akainu

I can see it now. 3 charges to do 3 levels. Then you have to wait 2 hours to get a charge back. But "luckily" you can pay a little fee to get more charges. Prove me wrong capcom.

If I can get a solid gaming experience for $60 or less worth of microtransactions, I'll be fine with f2p. If they nickle and dime me all the way past $60, I'll be upset.

This. Especially if the game is worth it. But there have been some decent F2P titles so maybe it won't be so bad. I'll reserve judgment until I see the process detailed, I guess.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ha, figured it had to be.

1.) Capcom Online Games only makes f2p and subscription titles, with the vast majority being f2p.
2.) This being online only didn't make a lot of sense unless it was f2p.

I'm going to guess it will function a ton like Warframe, since it sounds almost exactly like it (except fantasy).

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Megaton? This is weird. I laugh at the people that are "Out" especially since it's free now.

That's pretty cool I guess the only prob I had with the game was it looked a lot like dark souls and kinda ran you down a path but idk until I actually get my hands on it

Dwayne

Considering I was happy to pay full price for this game as it was, provided I can get a similar experience for a similar cost within the F2P structure, it's not a big deal.

Well, at least f2p is not behind a paywall. That's something, right?

lol, that's the point

Top Bottom