• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deep Rock Galactic launching on Xbox one as Console Launch Exclusive

Kayant

Missed in the Title but also coming to Win10 Store as Xbox Play Anywhere.

Source - http://us14.campaign-archive2.com/?e=&u=910dfb53bf01a0687c45b3ad5&id=f85db94f0f
We were live in Microsoft's E3 press conference for Xbox!

And yes, that is right, this means Deep Rock Galactic is now officially coming in Game Preview as an "Xbox Play Anywhere" title for Xbox One & Windows 10 Store.

What does this mean for Deep Rock Galactic?

The game is set to release in Steam Early Access on Steam & in Game Preview on Xbox One & Windows 10 store in early 2018
Update 4 for Closed Alpha has been a bit delayed (due to the creation of the E3 reveal trailer), but it is almost ready.
Closed Alpha is still running for the Steam platform.
The new Deep Rock Galactic landing page is now live!
If didn't see the reveal trailer in the E3 press conference, you can see it here. Enjoy :)

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPDeb7Tv-sk&user=xbox

Is this supposed to be like a Minecraft X Astroneer type of game? Seems interesting, but the trailer didn't give me any sense that it's much different from other co-op experiences...

Doctor_m3ds

Neo Member
Is this supposed to be like a Minecraft X Astroneer type of game? Seems interesting, but the trailer didn't give me any sense that it's much different from other co-op experiences...

Yeah, from the trailer it gives a feel of having cool set pieces but it seems less interesting to me if it’s just a free form game in that minecraft style. I guess it’s not too far away so we will be able to see some first hand impressions.

Is it freeform though? It looks more procedural, with Minecraft/NMS style mining mixed in with xenophobic gun play.

And dwarves. Can't forget dwarves.

Last edited:

Valdega

Most importantly, the game is on Steam. That's good because MS is obviously paying them to put the game on the Windows Store too.

Top Bottom