• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DEFORMERS is Rolling in April 21ST 2017

Jason@RAD

Neo Member
I played this via Steam when it had a free week earlier and found it ran horribly on my low end machine which can normally play modern titles at lower settings.

This was one thing we've hopefully already addressed. The high/med/low settings were not tuned properly (especially the shadow msaa) and the beta helped to highlight that. Please do let us know if there are still issues, and ideally what hardware you are using.

Why on earth is this £34.99?

That's a bargain compared to the fucking absurd price in Australia!

FtN0gza.png

Orca

Got it refunded. I'll probably check it out again in a couple of months but it just wasn't worth it right now. Super disappointed literally everything was locked away and progression was what it was, so hopefully things will be adjusted on that front before I give it another shot.

Andrea Pessino

Ready At Dawn Game Director
We have not had any interruptions since 8pm last night - we are still making improvements and we will update the services in a few hours, but hopefully the main cause of the server disconnects is fixed.

Also, the console versions are a couple of weeks behind the Steam build, which has several improvements/fixes client side, and adds Quickchat.

We will bring all versions to parity with the first update.

We have not had any interruptions since 8pm last night - we are still making improvements and we will update the services in a few hours, but hopefully the main cause of the server disconnects is fixed.

Also, the console versions are a couple of weeks behind the Steam build, which has several improvements/fixes client side, and adds Quickchat.

We will bring all versions to parity with the first update.

Great to hear! Looking forward to it!

Jc1TK6W.gif

How populated are the servers on PC and PS4? Playing on Xbox One and I can find a game at reasonable times of the day, but they aren't exactly heaving.

Andrea Pessino

Any plans for a demo, given the price is slightly above my just buy price I'd love to give it a try.

A demo would have to be an open weekend or something like that. I think it would be awesome, not sure what the logistics involved are, but once things are a little more settled we'll definitely look into it.

Do you play on PS4?

rSpooky

So in formball, overtime a we score a goal right after the resolution goes to hell in a hand basket for a few seconds. On PS4..I have not checked if my pro has the same problem.
Gets super blurry. Crazy.

MUnited83

For you.
How populated are the servers on PC and PS4? Playing on Xbox One and I can find a game at reasonable times of the day, but they aren't exactly heaving.

77 players as the peak on Steam. If you get it right now you can probably get a few matches in its first week, but it's not looking good after that.

I'd be interested in an open weekend to try it on PS4. Right now, my $30 is going to Puyo Puyo Tetris and I can't justify another at the moment.

However, I do appreciate RAD speaking with many of the users here about the game; it's always great to see since game development, as the old saying goes, is freaking hard, and there are many unsung heroes in every development team. =)

Tygamr

Any reason for the giant black boxes when playing two player splitscreen on PC? Kind of annoying seeing all that wasted space.

Andrea Pessino

Any reason for the giant black boxes when playing two player splitscreen on PC? Kind of annoying seeing all that wasted space.

We tested every layout option in 2 player splitscreen - it was basically unplayable with a full vertical split, as on the vast majority of devices the resulting aspect ratio is just too narrow to be usable.

Splitting horizontally had the opposite effect on many people, who felt the super wide ratio was distracting, so we settled on something that preserves a reasonable aspect ratio and does not seem as foreign when playing.

There is no technical reason to go one way or another - if players end up feeling otherwise we might consider changing it or offering a full horizontal split as an option.

rSpooky

We tested every layout option in 2 player splitscreen - it was basically unplayable with a full vertical split, as on the vast majority of devices the resulting aspect ratio is just too narrow to be usable.

Splitting horizontally had the opposite effect on many people, who felt the super wide ratio was distracting, so we settled on something that preserves a reasonable aspect ratio and does not seem as foreign when playing.

There is no technical reason to go one way or another - if players end up feeling otherwise we might consider changing it or offering a full horizontal split as an option.

I am in the camps that likes options. normally I prefer the left/right splits. but I would prefer top bottom over the current setup. That still leaves the need to have multiple PS+ accounts though. Is there any technical reason not to allow guests without PS+ (or xblive) or is this just an accidental side effect of those services?

Andrea Pessino

That still leaves the need to have multiple PS+ accounts though. Is there any technical reason not to allow guests without PS+ (or xblive) or is this just an accidental side effect of those services?

I honestly don't remember the rules for XBLive off the top of my head, so I won't give details that might be wrong :) but on PSN you do not need multiple PS+ accounts.

On PS4, you need the main user (the one that launches the game) to have PS+, and also the PS4 you are playing on needs to be set as his/her "primary" device. If that is the case then secondary non-guest logins just need to have a PSN account, no PS+ needed.

These are platform rules that apply to all games that support secondary logins, not just ours, of course. :)

rSpooky

I honestly don't remember the rules for XBLive off the top of my head, so I won't give details that might be wrong :) but on PSN you do not need multiple PS+ accounts.

On PS4, you need the main user (the one that launches the game) to have PS+, and also the PS4 you are playing on needs to be set as his/her "primary" device. If that is the case then secondary non-guest logins just need to have a PSN account, no PS+ needed.

These are platform rules that apply to all games that support secondary logins, not just ours, of course. :)

Thanks for the info, it seemed not to work like that on my trial at all. but I will try again to be sure ( and adjust my review )
And by the way I am addicted to formball. Just hardly anyone/lobbies to play it. I am pretty good at it too. :)

Edit: Confirmed that works well. Thanks for the info. I adjusted it in my review. No if I cannily can find a full lobby of Formball players again :)

Andrea Pessino

Thanks for the info, it seemed not to work like that on my trial at all. but I will try again to be sure ( and adjust my review )
And by the way I am addicted to formball. Just hardly anyone/lobbies to play it. I am pretty good at it too. :)

Edit: Confirmed that works well. Thanks for the info. I adjusted it in my review. No if I cannily can find a full lobby of Formball players again :)

Good to know, thanks for the update!

Been playing this with my buddy and two daughters, love it! Competitive gooshball is right up our alley.

I really hope RaD can figure out offline local...given the technical wonder that is The Order 1886 I have faith.

stryke

That's a bargain compared to the fucking absurd price in Australia!

FtN0gza.png

I mean, I'm all for developers pricing their game however much they want, but to charge that much for point of entry into a multiplayer game that's had limited marketing (like not even someone on gaf has organised an OT for launch) from a developer who's unproven in the multiplayer space? Please...

Top Bottom