• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

Yasumi

Banned
Woo, time to slowly play through Extra and Unlimited on PC, and eventually play Alternative as Vita physical. Downloading now.

Shizuka

Wow, the game is super tablet-friendly. I guess I'm not waiting for the Vita version after all, I'll be playing this on my tablet.

I started it up and I think the port is pretty good for what it's worth,it's nice to have the game work better on newer windows versions.

Adding in quick save is great too,but maybe i'm just dumb but i have no idea what key quick load is.

With that out of the way I have some minor complaints

1) I don't like how you can't seem to change the fact that the text appears instantly.

2) The age engine seems to be missing a lot of features from some of the games like the abilty to change font and text color.

3) Letting people that have not read extra start with unlimited is awful.

4) Still no controller support.

What the..., the comment section is a minefield with ppl calling Muv-Luv a misogynistic nukige. The hell is wrong with ppl?
Muv-Luv (the uncensored version) is a standard by the book old and boring school (life) eroge, but pretty tame in erotic content.
For me it was all about the genre shift and seeing how the same clichee harem protagonist deals with the shit that is thrown at him in the later game.
Oh, and the cool mecha battles. :)

Yasumi

Banned
What the..., the comment section is a minefield with ppl calling Muv-Luv a misogynistic nukige. The hell is wrong with ppl?
Muv-Luv (the uncensored version) is a standard by the book old and boring school (life) eroge, but pretty tame in erotic content.
For me it was all about the genre shift and seeing how the same clichee harem protagonist deals with the shit that is thrown at him in the later game.
Oh, and the cool mecha battles. :)
The author does spend several paragraphs talking about how the game is powered by the incessant, coughing engine that is the male gaze, transphobic, and gross, in his words. Seems to be the kind of discussion he was looking for.

Vanethyr

Project Update #35: Muv-Luv Kickstarter Project Anniversary

Director's Cut patch coming soon!

We're happy to announce that the Director's Cut patch is on the way! It's a patch that will restore removed content from the 2003 version of Muv-Luv. We'll have more specifics in the next update.

We'll also have one more update on Steam which will fix various bugs and typos, and make Muv-Luv (Extra and Unlimited) even better!

Future Concerns

A lot of concerns were raised during the Kickstarter campaign, as well as after Muv-Luv's release on Steam.

ixtl, âge and Degica agreed on the following:

1. "0-Gravity" and "We Roar for Tomorrow" (Asu e no Houkou) opening songs will be both added to Muv-Luv Alternative and will play alternately.

2. None of the OSTs will be changed nor replaced.

3. Due to popular demand, we will be shipping all rewards at the same time next year!

We’re still sorting out the specific scenes to uncensor from the all-ages version of Muv-Luv Alternative, and making sure all parties involved (including Sony) are in agreement with leaving them untouched. We’re hoping to bring awesome news pretty soon regarding this :)

Muv-Luv Alternative Coming Out Next Winter!

There's quite a lot of work to be done, and the translation team is working extra hard to improve the quality of the release. We've smoothened our translation process, and even then, Muv-Luv Alternative has no repeat lines at all, which makes it a little bit longer than Muv-Luv Extra and Unlimited combined.

We hope for everyone's patience, and until then we'll keep you posted about the progress of each Kickstarter rewards.

Muv-Luv Alternative CODEX's raw translation is 100% done, and it just needs editing work. Our moderator, Connor Krammer will be helping us out :)

ohlawd

This isn't even close

3 is objectively the best one

ySWmrniDn0ATGGRPctiacQUdpwSbO29ALgSzGW14g4h00DKQfaQ9UYnHJ713hbweDffFvUUAQg

Hastati

Voted 1 and 3.

Although to be honest, I like the aforementioned banner with the mechs in flight more than option 1, it's really good.

Sorry for the bump but didn't want to make a new thread. What's the latest on the Physical Vita version? It's been released for a while and I've not seen anything about it and was hoping to get an update.

Olengie

Sorry for the bump but didn't want to make a new thread. What's the latest on the Physical Vita version? It's been released for a while and I've not seen anything about it and was hoping to get an update.

Not any time soon. Just that they're working on the port since late November.

No new update since late December

Olengie

Nadda. It's blank and empty. I haven't really been following what's going on. Still waiting for my physical Vita copy too. Someday.

"Everyone" voted to get all the Rewards at once. We could've gotten the Vita stuff first, but the voters chose the option I mentioned.

It should arrive sometime this year. But at least it aint like Grisaia.

Top Bottom