• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

There are translations, but they're in Chinese. :p

-______-

I'm shocked this Kickerstarter succeeded, much less in one day. Didn't know there were that many Muv-Luv fans out there. Heard good things about this VN, so I'm glad to see it's successful.

That people that love Muv Luv, really love Muv Luv. Seeing how much some people donated, its not too surprising that it hit its goal (though one day even shocked me)

Bowl0l

Guys, don't count on the option of choosing a Vita physical version if you choose a physical copy, or even a separate physical Vita tier. Chances are it'll be digital-only, unless otherwise stated by Degica.
If there's a choice between Vita digital copy and Steam download, no doubt i will choose Vita. Steam sales will drive any game prices to the ground.

The average pledge is still over $175. Pretty crazy even if it is still early on. Degica really needs to open up more higher tiered slots.

Lain

One question, for the KS $150 pledge,

【Muv-Luv Trilogy Collector's Box】

Note: Pledging 150$ or above gets you ALL of the digital stretch goal items for free when they’re unlocked.

Does it mean that i will get the download code for the trilogy?

Reading the reward list on the right is just confusing, you gotta scroll down the page to the reward list to actually see what each tier will give you. The $150 tier will provide both physical and digital stuff.

jzbluz

Nice! I hope it doesn't loose steam and that the Vita strech goal gets reached. I probably wouldn't try it otherwise.

StereoVsn

Nice! I hope it doesn't loose steam and that the Vita strech goal gets reached. I probably wouldn't try it otherwise.

FYI, best place to play VNs are Windows tablets, full screen works really well and the screen/text is much better vs vita (simply due to size). You can get a decent one for $100-150.

I need to go donate for that Vita stretch goal... Since I've never played the games before.

Also, I'm quite the proud owner of these from AX this year:
28149031afedab3f58fe8ac8954a5b44_zpsvhdfvw9f.jpg

Shizuka

If there's a choice between Vita digital copy and Steam download, no doubt i will choose Vita. Steam sales will drive any game prices to the ground.

Indeed, I agree. I wonder how the Android and Vita versions will be priced compared to the Steam version.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I need to go donate for that Vita stretch goal... Since I've never played the games before.

Also, I'm quite the proud owner of these from AX this year:
28149031afedab3f58fe8ac8954a5b44_zpsvhdfvw9f.jpg

That made me regret not going AX this year.

I am jealous of people that never played the VN before, the first game of the trilogy is trashy harem, the second game is "okay", but the third game is one that I will remember for the rest of my life.

kiryogi

Banned
That made me regret not going AX this year.

I am jealous of people that never played the VN before, the first game of the trilogy is trashy harem, the second game is "okay", but the third game is one that I will remember for the rest of my life.

But you can't really skip the first two and just play the third one can you? D:

sensui-tomo

You can ... but thats fucking dumb.
sorry for the lack of tact but it'd be like reading a book at chapter 4 and later complaining that you didnt get something. at the least read a synopsis of Extra/ chapter 1 and go in at 2.

I get angry at all the "Can I start playing game 2 and skip game 1 (if the game is known to have a trilogy and not be something like FF or DQ) So please note this isnt directed at you... just the idea that many people come up with... Mass effect 3 pissed me off with that question alot. sorry for the rant.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Well Alternative wouldn't be so effective if you haven't played Extra and Unlimited it builds off your expectations and knowledge of both of them.

Also getting the physical PC version so no worries about the vita version at all for me.

Jazz573

sorry for the lack of tact but it'd be like reading a book at chapter 4 and later complaining that you didnt get something. at the least read a synopsis of Extra/ chapter 1 and go in at 2.

I get angry at all the "Can I start playing game 2 and skip game 1 (if the game is known to have a trilogy and not be something like FF or DQ) So please note this isnt directed at you... just the idea that many people come up with... Mass effect 3 pissed me off with that question alot. sorry for the rant.

I get what you mean. I see people who've played VLR before 999, and well honestly that's not really a great idea.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Lol no, for maximum enjoyment, you should get all the ending for the first game. For me, Muv Luv is all about character development, you really need the first 2 games to understand the cast.

upandaway

If you really don't have the time I'd say it's better to go through a digest of Extra of some sort to get to Unlimited, rather than skip the whole series. It's much better to go through Extra normally but a digest version will make it theoretically possible to skip, and Unlimited+Alternative is worth the time even if that's the route you wanna take.

Well, when people are saying that the first game is pretty bad, it's only natural that people will want to see if they can skip the slog to get straight to the good stuff.

Dio

Banned
Well, when people are saying that the first game is pretty bad, it's only natural that people will want to see if they can skip the slog to get straight to the good stuff.

Of course, it's still a matter of opinion. Some people think run of the mill harem = bad. I didn't hate Extra.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Well the suggested path is do both Sumika and Meiya's routes to unlock Unlimited if it's not your thing, so basically you can do one path legit and do the text skip for the other.
I'd suggest the one actually being read to be Sumika for reasons and Unlimited is a bit better and only requires one route.

Honestly skipping any of the games is not recommended since Alternative builds off your knowledge of the previous ones a lot.

Shizuka

I think Android price will be cheapest at launch, probably <$10 each.

I'm not sure it'll be that cheap. I can see them doing like what happened with Steins;Gate: PC release, followed by Vita release, followed by Android release. The Android release, if it came months after the Vita and PC releases, it might as well be cheaper as well.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I think Android price will be cheapest at launch, probably <$10 each.
My guess is that the Android version will either by priced just like PC/Vita versions. OT be discounted but come much later.

Blackbird@Degica, I'm you're reading this: while I'm ok with pledging for a digital Vita release at $50 for the 3 games, I would easily drop more cash for a physical version. A stretch goal for that would be fantastic.

sensui-tomo

I'm not sure it'll be that cheap. I can see them doing like what happened with Steins;Gate: PC release, followed by Vita release, followed by Android release. The Android release, if it came months after the Vita and PC releases, it might as well be cheaper as well.

We just need the VN your avatar is from and i'll be set on VNs

Yeah that makes sense. Aside from a couple scenes here and there and
the spa trip and ending
they're kind of the same thing.
Meiya's route is pretty much the same as Sumika's. The other Extra routes have additional characters that show up in Unlimited/Alternative so it can be interesting to have seen them, but those are pretty small things.

I watched the Total Eclipse anime and really liked it. Will I be able to play that story and find out about the end or is this something completely different?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
No voice acting, but that will be patched in by fans pretty quickly like with Higurashi.

Yeah someone made an auto-script editor that put in the calls for the VA files a few days after someone layed out the groundwork and I'm kinda glad since doing it manually was rough. lol

AwShucks

The Kickstarter is for the All-Ages Edition (so no H-scenes, violence and gore toned down), but there will be a patch to add the 18+ content.

Hmmmm... Is the 18+ content important to the stories at all? Vita would be preferred but if cutting anything removes from the story then I'd go PC.

I watched the Total Eclipse anime and really liked it. Will I be able to play that story and find out about the end or is this something completely different?
Total Eclipse was written after this and features completely different characters and the plot focuses on different parts of the world. But it's in the same setting
at least for Alternative.
IIRC total eclipse takes place before the events of this game.
It starts that way, but IIRC it ends up being concurrent with it. Though the anime doesn't tell the whole story.

sensui-tomo

Hmmmm... Is the 18+ content important to the stories at all? Vita would be preferred but if cutting anything removes from the story then I'd go PC.

iirc the all ages thing just fades to black for the sex scenes, and you'll kinda wish you did play the all ages version for one scene in particular (for those who know)
CHOMP!
so nothing is lost unless you like sex and some ... violent stuff.

Top Bottom