• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

muteki

Have all the games been translated and released for PC?

I followed the updates for a while but never got the sense of how they were progressing with all 3 games.

But yeah, patiently waiting for my Vita trilogy.

hampig

I've been tempted to just buy the game on Steam so many times. I'd really love this for the Vita and I backed at that level, but this is taking forever, and just thinking about how much longer it might be until Alternate makes it to Vita has me thinking I should just jump ship.

muteki

How many physical copies did they make? Is this like the rarest Vita game?

I mean, one has to wonder when (if?) the physical vita version finally comes out, given the Vita's lifecycle, how easy it will be to pick up a physical copy outside of kickstarter.

Note this is just the digital release of Extra+Unlimited for now. But hey, that puts it in the same boat as PC!
Yeah, physical will take a while since they're still waiting for Alternative to even release.
I've been waiting for the Vita release so I'm just excited to finally play the game I paid for over a year ago, haha.

Olengie

I'll just wait for the physical version. I'll sell the Vita Codes to help make up for the cost of the Collector's Edition I backed.

Shizuka

What's the vita status by the way. I've heard the franchise is worth keeping an eye out for but haven't really kept up to date.

The ports are done, they've been published in Japan. The script for the first two games are done, as the PC ports are out. There's only one game left, that's still unreleased. They could've released the Vita port for the first two games by now if they wanted to, as they're releasing it separately anyway.

New update!
Hopefully Vita news!

And... Nothing Vita wise. If anything the news was "we literally stopped working on the Vita port for now to prioritize the third game for Steam."

Buzzi

Why did I even choose the phisical PSV version, sigh.
At least the digital Steam one should be out before fall...I hope.
Summer 2016, they said.

Shizuka

PS Vita Status

We also apologize for the lack of news on the PS Vita front.

After the release of the first Muv-Luv game, developer resources were shifted to the PS Vita port. While we were working on the Muv-Luv PS Vita release, Muv-Luv Alternative’s PC development demanded more attention from the developers than expected. Doing the PC and PS Vita port simultaneously means the team will struggle with fixing bugs back and forth between two entirely different platforms.

In order to bring you a high quality product, we decided to prioritize the PC release of Muv-Luv Alternative. This will allow the developers to give their full attention to both Vita ports, ensuring their release meets with our quality standards.. It is also in our best interest to bring your physical rewards to your doorsteps as soon as possible, and we assure everyone that this is the fastest route possible.

Ugh.

StereoVsn

Why did I even choose the phisical PSV version, sigh.
At least the digital Steam one should be out before fall...I hope.
Summer 2016, they said.
Yeah, BS on this one seems to be high. I wonder if they wind up cancelling Vita physical outwright and what they will do for the backers.

I fear my Vita Collector's Edition will never see the light of day at this pace.

Silly question but for the Vita release is it going to be a conventional physical run or would it be backer only or something like an LRG run where copies are very limited?

Shizuka

Yeah, BS on this one seems to be high. I wonder if they wind up cancelling Vita physical outwright and what they will do for the backers.

I fear my Vita Collector's Edition will never see the light of day at this pace.

I don't think they'll cancel the physical print, it's too much money they'd have to refund.

Silly question but for the Vita release is it going to be a conventional physical run or would it be backer only or something like an LRG run where copies are very limited?

According to the PR during the campaign, it'd be exclusive to the Kickstarter, although there could be a limited print available outside the campaign later on.

StereoVsn

I don't think they'll cancel the physical print, it's too much money they'd have to refund.

According to the PR during the campaign, it'd be exclusive to the Kickstarter, although there could be a limited print available outside the campaign later on.
Well, that's assuming they would issue refunds. I am not ready to assume anything at his point.

Thanks! To be expected I guess. Hopefully the digital copy won't be up for a short time or have any such quirks...

bilas

Banned
So...Backers helped them fund the game, they released the trilogy on the Vita in Japanese on January 2016, it's already May 2017 and now they are saying that? Glad I didn't give my money (I was close of doing so)

So...Backers helped them fund the game, they released the trilogy on the Vita in Japanese on January 2016, it's already May 2017 and now they are saying that? Glad I didn't give my money (I was close of doing so)

I gave them a dollar just to get access to the backer kit that you can upgrade later on but change my mind later on about getting anything more. Now I'm glad that I didn't go all in. I would have loved to support Muv-Luv but this whole thing just reeks of disaster.

Shizuka

I gave them a dollar just to get access to the backer kit that you can upgrade later on but change my mind later on about getting anything more. Now I'm glad that I didn't go all in. I would have loved to support Muv-Luv but this whole thing just reeks of disaster.

Which is weird, because this is being handled by Degica, which is a very competent publisher, not to mention it raised a lot more money than they asked for.

Ventara

Eh, I'm still confident we'll get out Vita copies. I thought the plan always was to focus on PC first. Alternative should be releasing soon, and then it's Vita after that. I'll start worrying if we don't have release estimates by the end of this year, though.

Eh, I'm still confident we'll get out Vita copies. I thought the plan always was to focus on PC first. Alternative should be releasing soon, and then it's Vita after that. I'll start worrying if we don't have release estimates by the end of this year, though.
I mean, I still think the Vita port will release. Physically too.
It just feels pretty bad to be waiting and waiting to play this game just to hear "We're gonna give PC players part 3 before you guys get Parts 1 and 2" and it's been available for almost a year now.

Olengie

Remember, the PC versions were the original intention, with Vita being the stretch. I dont mind the wait. I rather have them finish one version than juggle between the two. Once Alternative finishes, they can focus all their resources on the Vita and hopefully get coded by the end of the year

The Vita delay is disappointing, but I can deal with it. What I don't appreciate is a three month wait to announce the delay. Just... say something?

c-murph

Was suppose to be exclusive only... But they could possibly do another limited run elsewhere for each of the games I image if there was more of a demand for a physical release. I mean the games with the kickstarter were up for a while and they even had a slacker backer order months later for those who missed out. But it still could happen if there was money to be made. It'll just be the that the Kickstarter Vita Trilogy bundle will not be available ever again except for on ebay for ludicrous prices for new vita collectors.

We'll get the physical Vita bundle eventually. Just whether it's this year or next year is the question. So, stop with all the worrying. They'll be on eveyone's shelves to collect dust soon enough.

Buzzi

Should that happen I hope they give the option to switch to physical PC at least...
But the strange behaviour really is the one around the translation/porting, after all the original material length and complexity was well know before the KS and they still managed to add delay after delay with some bizarre updates in the middle (the whole beta thing and the timing of bug fixes or 18+ patch).

It was my first KS but it already taught me to expect way more problems than logic suggests.

Olengie

Was suppose to be exclusive only... But they could possibly do another limited run elsewhere for each of the games I image if there was more of a demand for a physical release. I mean the games with the kickstarter were up for a while and they even had a slacker backer order months later for those who missed out. But it still could happen if there was money to be made. It'll just be the that the Kickstarter Vita Trilogy bundle will not be available ever again except for on ebay for ludicrous prices for new vita collectors.

We'll get the physical Vita bundle eventually. Just whether it's this year or next year is the question. So, stop with all the worrying. They'll be on eveyone's shelves to collect dust soon enough.

If there is a demand, they will consider a limited run

jonjonaug

According to a Degica rep at AX the build running on the floor is about 70% done, while internally the game is around 80-90% done.

Top Bottom