• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Degica's Muv-Luv Trilogy Kickstarter (Funded) - New Tiers for Physical Vita Reward

The Vita port contains the entire "trilogy" on one cart and was never going to be started before the PC release. MLA taking so long is delaying everything, there's no particular reason to single out the Vita. They ended up retranslating a long ass game, it's taking a while.

jonjonaug

The Vita port contains the entire "trilogy" on one cart and was never going to be started before the PC release. MLA taking so long is delaying everything, there's no particular reason to single out the Vita. They ended up retranslating a long ass game, it's taking a while.
Yeah they're apparently redoing the whole thing, and MLA's script is gargantuan. There's only a couple of people working on it, but this is a good thing as a few high quality TLers/editors will usually deliver a better product than a larger team. Better that the game be delayed than have a NISA or Persona 5 level of quality in the final product.

sanhora

ALTERNATIVE IS FINALLY OUT FOR ALL THE BACKERS

Hi everyone,
It's finally here, the visual novel everyone has been waiting for!
Muv-Luv Alternative will be up today on Steam, and coming soon this September, 2017!

However...

for every amazing backers who have been wondering “Alternative When?”, we're glad to announce that you can now play the game by grabbing your Steam codes from BackerKit!

Switching Gears to PS Vita release
Now that the major goal of the Kickstarter has been completed, we can now resume PS Vita development of the trilogy. We apologize again for the severe delays, and like we said before, we'll fully commit to them and will get most of the items in our checklist done before the year ends.

And here’s a message from the team:
"To all the Kickstarter backers who signed on to this project, thank you so much for your support and patience while waiting for this localization.
It’s thanks to all of YOU that this project was made possible! It’s been a long journey, and we are pleased to finally be able to bring you the official English release of Muv-Luv Alternative! The team has worked really hard for over a year to ensure that we give you the most fantastic experience for this amazing story that we possibly can, and we really hope you enjoy it!
We hope that you all have fun with this backer-exclusive BETA release! Please give us your feedback, and if you find any issues or bugs, do let us know at our community forums."
Cheers,
The Muv-Luv Team

Olengie

Awesome to hear!

We're going to be getting all the Physical Stuff at the same time since the majority of the backers voted for that

jonjonaug

Fired it up to take a quick peak. The game scales well to higher resolutions (the image data for age games is ULTRA HIGH RES so I'm not surprised). It feels so weird to hear the intro scene in actual English instead of super-Engrish.

Does the full uncensored version come later or is that it already?

Fired it up to take a quick peak. The game scales well to higher resolutions (the image data for age games is ULTRA HIGH RES so I'm not surprised). It feels so weird to hear the intro scene in actual English instead of super-Engrish.

Oh, so they dubbed the english voice scenes with new english voices?
It's been too long, so I don't remember what their plan was. Wasn't there even a poll?

Randy42

Can anyone give me a (spoiler enclosed) rundown of what exactly was changed between the all ages version we're getting and the original since it sounds like there might never be a "patch" for it at this point?

Really curious how PS3 handled "that" scene and also exactly how much gore and stuff was removed/covered (I already read at least one scene had them add in a hand blocking a lot of it which is kind of eh)

jonjonaug

Can anyone give me a (spoiler enclosed) rundown of what exactly was changed between the all ages version we're getting and the original since it sounds like there might never be a "patch" for it at this point?

Really curious how PS3 handled "that" scene and also exactly how much gore and stuff was removed/covered (I already read at least one scene had them add in a hand blocking a lot of it which is kind of eh)
The first game has an 18+ patch afaik so I don't see why this one wouldn't get one.

The first game has an 18+ patch afaik so I don't see why this one wouldn't get one.

They've said that it won't because the changes are too minor. And they're right. They restored all the blood and gore, the only thing missing is the quick flashback to sex scenes from Unlimited and that one
tentacle
scene which has the CGs censored. The first is incredibly minor and the latter is an upgrade if anything.

Edit: Apparently they're now saying there will be a patch, but it's not the priority for now. Vita is next.

Again can you explain what exactly they changed for the later scene in the ps3 version cause I really have no idea how they'd rewrite it unless they just chopped bits and pieces out of it

They edited the CGs to be less explicit. There's not really anything important going on there that would make it difficult. The whole scene is bad tbh.

Shizuka

Vita is next.

tenor.gif

StereoVsn

I am glad to hear that Alternative is finally finished. I still really want to see my Vita CE though before the year's end.

Olengie

I forgot I backed this! What the heck.... 💀💀💀

Steam Versions are out.

You need to remember that the PC versions were the original intention of the Kickstarter and the other versions were the stretch goal. Now that the Steam version is out, Muv Luv Team can put all their focus on the Vita version.

Shizuka

Steam Versions are out.

You need to remember that the PC versions were the original intention of the Kickstarter and the other versions were the stretch goal. Now that the Steam version is out, Muv Luv Team can put all their focus on the Vita version.

I want my collector's edition.

Keyouta

I'll need to find time to get around to playing through this, I've heard so much about it and it always seems to leave positive impressions. The first two parts are 50% off on Steam right now too, so I figure it's a good time to buy.

Olengie

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=35150&Title=Muv-Luv+Alternative
Muv-Luv Alternative

Platform: PS Vita
Rating Category: M.png
Content Descriptors: Blood and Gore, Partial Nudity, Sexual Content, Strong Language, Violence
Rating Summary: This is a sci-fi visual novel in which players follow the story of a man (Takeru) trying to save humanity from an alien invasion. As players progress through the narrative, they can observe several animations and still images, some of which depict violent acts: gun-wielding mechs fighting alien creatures; aliens struck by bullets; a mech holding up a severed alien head. A handful of scenes show human characters with bloodstained faces or clothing. The game contains some sexual material: characters in bed together while moaning is heard; dialogue/on-screen text describing touching/caressing (e.g., “Lying here—with her skin against mine, and her inner warmth cradling me on all sides..."); an image of a man accidentally grabbing a woman's breasts (e.g., "What the hell did I just grab, and why is it so soft?"); a female character describing being tortured and repeatedly caressed by alien appendages (a still image depicts appendages in her mouth). A handful of still images also depict characters with large amounts of their breasts exposed. The words “f**k,” “sh*t,” and “a*shole” appear in the dialogue.

Shizuka

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=35150&Title=Muv-Luv+Alternative
Muv-Luv Alternative

Platform: PS Vita
Rating Category: M.png
Content Descriptors: Blood and Gore, Partial Nudity, Sexual Content, Strong Language, Violence
Rating Summary: This is a sci-fi visual novel in which players follow the story of a man (Takeru) trying to save humanity from an alien invasion. As players progress through the narrative, they can observe several animations and still images, some of which depict violent acts: gun-wielding mechs fighting alien creatures; aliens struck by bullets; a mech holding up a severed alien head. A handful of scenes show human characters with bloodstained faces or clothing. The game contains some sexual material: characters in bed together while moaning is heard; dialogue/on-screen text describing touching/caressing (e.g., “Lying here—with her skin against mine, and her inner warmth cradling me on all sides..."); an image of a man accidentally grabbing a woman's breasts (e.g., "What the hell did I just grab, and why is it so soft?"); a female character describing being tortured and repeatedly caressed by alien appendages (a still image depicts appendages in her mouth). A handful of still images also depict characters with large amounts of their breasts exposed. The words “f**k,” “sh*t,” and “a*shole” appear in the dialogue.

Doesn't Extra come out at the same time?

Top Bottom