• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Del Taco to be acquired in merger and go public, may expand locations nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
Maybe it's because I live where there are Mexican restaurants on every corner, but the thought of going to Del Taco would never cross my mind.
del taco tastes like del taco. don't know why people think they can't eat something just because it isn't authentic.

Rootbeer

Banned
Much better quality than Taco Bell.

Well, I should see what it's all about. I'll try it soon.

I've also never eaten at Jack-in-the-Box, something I need to remedy, just so I can have an opinion on it.

*edit* well, I just looked on google maps... the location in San Francisco (Market St.) is now closed. I walked by it hundreds of times... and now it's closed, as I gain a bit of interest. Closest one is in Oakland. But... problem. That location is near an In-N-Out... so if I were in the area, why would I eat Del Taco when I can have In-n-Out instead? Dammit!

antonz

Guilty pleasure. Big fat chicken tacos with del scorcho sauce, fries and cherry coke. Hnnng

Yep their Chicken tacos are great. The chicken doesn't taste like artificial or prepackaged stuff you'd buy at the grocery store to throw on a salad.

Cannot stand Taco Bells chicken

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Well, I should see what it's all about. I'll try it soon.
id recommend a chicken soft taco for a newcomer. Theres nothing on their menu that ive had that is bad. Their chicken soft tacos are usually perfection tho. The sauce on those chicken softs is amazing.

I've also never eaten at Jack-in-the-Box, something I need to remedy, just so I can have an opinion on it.
Jack is good but right now their stuff is kind of ho-hum.. special promo stuff i mean. The Buttery Jack is good but be close to a toilet. Jacks stuff goes through my intestinal track like a luge. Add butter and im shitting while im eating still pretty muich.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Why do people even go to Del Taco when Rubio's is right across the street?

ndz5d6-b88232378z.120141024172755000g8f5qqhl.10.jpg

It's like you are either blind or dumb.
^rubios
sucks
is seriously a building over from my nearest del taco.. weird af

way more

Hmmmp? GAF uneducated about complex flavors and freshness?

mexican_large.png

Not surprising but let me pretend to be shocked.

Im-shocked-kitten.jpg

LaNaranja

Del Taco is pretty great. They are my go to place when I need a quick fix of chili cheese fries. They are by no means top 5 GOAT quality chili cheese fries but they are cheap and given to you in no time.

Almighty

Del Taco is pretty great. They are my go to place when I need a quick fix of chili cheese fries. They are by no means top 5 GOAT quality chili cheese fries but they are cheap and given to you in no time.

Cheap, quick, and open all night(at least in my area) is why I and my friends go to Del Taco. Unless it changed recently none of the other "Mexican" restaurants are open past 1 a.m. here.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Their chicken soft tacos are pretty good, but their burgers are amazing.
I can make authentic Mexican food at home, I;m not looking for authentic in fast food. I hate this argument.

Clydefrog

I can make authentic Mexican food at home, I;m not looking for authentic in fast food. I hate this argument.

I've been to Del Taco a shitload of times but never had their burgers.

Dare I?

I agree with you on the chicken soft taco front. As long as it doesn't have a bunch of smaller burnt pieces of chicken.

way more

I used to live near a Del Taco that was across the street from a Five Guys and that's why I think Five Guys sucks so much. Because Del Taco makes a way better burger for cheaper and faster. It made me realize that even pizza places make better burgers than Five guys.

Like I said earlier, I love Del Taco. Way better than taco bell. Yes, it's obvious it's not real mexican, lol. Chicken soft tacos and fried. great stuff. Burgers are good too.

But now I am worried. Maybe they were awesome because they were not a publicly traded company (which I didn't know). They might start to suck now when they try to spread across the country. O shit.

ILoveBish

Double Del burger is the best item on the menu. Second best is the strawberry shake. Their chili cheese fries are awful. Extremely low tier. Think deejay in USF4.

I wouldn't eat there again, but I'm kinda an expert on Del taco culture.

HariKari

Live in the southwest, so there are about a dozen smaller local joints that I'd choose before Del Taco. Never understood the fascination with terrible mexican fast food. Surely there's at least an El Pollo Loco near you, right?

bjork

Live in the southwest, so there are about a dozen smaller local joints that I'd choose before Del Taco. Never understood the fascination with terrible mexican fast food. Surely there's at least an El Pollo Loco near you, right?

It was the only thing open at 3:30 am. Those El Pollo bastards don't even crawl out of bed until about 9, and the Taco Bell closes at 8 pm or something here.

I just ate like $9 of Del Taco and I'm a-hurtin

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Double Del burger is the best item on the menu. Second best is the strawberry shake. Their chili cheese fries are awful. Extremely low tier. Think deejay in USF4.

I wouldn't eat there again, but I'm kinda an expert on Del taco culture.

Yeah, the Double Del would be the only thing I would order from there if I had to get something from Del Taco, but I'm really only there if there is no other place open nearby at the time.

Apt101

I doubt they'd ever come here in my part of Virginia. Various authentic South American restaurants everywhere, and in areas where they're sparse there are already mega popular Taco Bells.

There's a few in NorCal, can't remember where they all are.
One on Market Street in SF, one in Pittsburg, and the rest in Sacramento. I refuse to spend more on gas getting to a restaurant than I will on the actual meal (semi-hyperbole, but you know what I mean).

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Ahh, every thread about any food place and there's also like 1/4 of the conversation based towards peoples bowel movements..

..btw.. it's your problem.. not the food.

That said.. must of the Del Taco menu is shit.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Chicken softs, spicy chicken burrito, with a cup full of fries are fucking amazing.

The closest is a town over so I hope this announcement gets one in my city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom