• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dell (US Only): 21% off PS3, 360, and PSP. Inclues consoles, games, and accessories!

Firestorm

GSG Flash said:
Wait, your PS3 didn't come with an ethernet cable? Are you sure about that? Because mine did.

Anyways, I wish this deal applied to Canada too :(
Oh hey apparently it might have. I don't remember seeing it though. I should check my box again. First time through I missed the USB cable too :(

Firestorm said:
Oh hey apparently it might have. I don't remember seeing it though. I should check my box again. First time through I missed the USB cable too :(

I don't recall mine coming with an ethernet cable either...

TJ Spyke

The PlayStation 3 USED to come with a ethernet cable. It was included in the 20GB model, 40 GB model and the 2007 80 GB model.

Firestorm

element said:
If I knew 100% I'd get a Jasper I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Well everyone who ordered on CAG so far got Jaspers I believe. The shipping is amazing. A lot of people are getting it in like 1 day o_O

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Trigger pulled. There aren't that many PS3 exclusives I actually want to play, but Uncharted is one of them. Damn you, Kittonwy :lol

Firestorm said:
I don't remember needing to buy a wifi adapter for my 360. And I do remember my PS3's wifi being more annoying to set up than even the Wii. My PS3 is now connected using a ethernet cable which it didn't come with.

plot twist :eek: ps3 needed extra materials and 360 didn't!
the PS3 doesn't come with an ethernet cable anymore?

i know my 60GB came with one...

I've been debating whether or not I should get a PS3. I won't really get much out of it because most games that I'd want to play on the PS3 are going to show up on the 360. I'd get it for a Bluray player but I don't have a 1080p set. I think I can wait.

Firestorm

M74 said:
That's just $17 more than Patcher's
completely unsubstantiated and irresponsible
predicted April price drop. It might be worth it.
Less since, from what I understand, Dell doesn't charge taxes for most states.

Is anyone interested in buying an original psp in great condition for 35 bucks?

I just bought the ratchet pack : )

Shame i just bought a 1 gig card today though. Hopefully i can return it...

Rugasuki

Anyone that has AAA can get 6% off if they aren't an employee of a company that participates in the 7% off. Just request a coupon from AAA.com then input it into the link the give you. It stacks the same as the 7% epp discount. Can't stack the 6% on top of the 7% though. Also, remember to buy a gift card for dell.com off ebay to save extra money.

SamBishop

Banned
Arrrrgh, why isn't the Wii included in this (I know, it's because nothing sold for it would complement what Dell sells)? The system with quite possibly the biggest margins ever doesn't get a cut? I'm getting really fucking sick of seeing the thing go for $250 new still...

And this is an insanely good deal for the HD folks. I'm very, very tempted to bite, I just can't find anything I don't already have on there.

M74

Rugasuki said:
Anyone that has AAA can get 6% off if they aren't an employee of a company that participates in the 7% off. Just request a coupon from AAA.com then input it into the link the give you. It stacks the same as the 7% epp discount. Can't stack the 6% on top of the 7% though. Also, remember to buy a gift card for dell.com off ebay to save extra money.
Woah, I'm a AAA member, how come I've never been aware of this?! How do I request such a coupon?

Edit: NVM, I think I found the right links. :D

JudgeN

Firestorm said:
For example: $47.42 for Tales of Vesperia which I'm hearing rumours is now discontinued at both Best Buy and Toys R Us.

I was wondering why Tales of Vesperia price wasn't going down even after bombing and none of the best buys were getting restocks. Glad I bought it anyway a week ago, even if it was full price.

Dunlop

Gamer @ Heart said:

It's people like you who are the reason I can't unload my PSP :p

Now if only they do the same thing over here in Canuckland

Rugasuki said:
What did you order? I ordered a 360 arcade yesterday and it shipped yesterday and will arrive tomorrow.

i ordered a 360 pro

check my email this morning and the now the say they shipped it out yesterday :lol

im probably going to call them on my lunch break and verify what exactly is going on

EXGN

Just bought an 80GB PS3. My 40GB went down the shitter and was gonna cost me $150 to repair, so I just sold it on eBay or $180 and bought the new one for $316. Saved me a few bucks, plus now I have a full new warranty, bigger HDD, and a DS3 instead of sixaxis.

Thanks op!

Alright, GAF. I need your help, fast!

If I got the Pro 360 plus 3 games bundle, do the games come in shrink-wrapped packaging, so that I could return them to a store? Otherwise, I could always sell them used, but I'm itching to pull the trigger here, and if I could do that, then this would be such an amazing deal!

Mr. Wonderful said:
Alright, GAF. I need your help, fast!

If I got the Pro 360 plus 3 games bundle, do the games come in shrink-wrapped packaging, so that I could return them to a store? Otherwise, I could always sell them used, but I'm itching to pull the trigger here, and if I could do that, then this would be such an amazing deal!

I'm not certain if they come wrapped but if my past experience is an indication, they will say "not for resale" on it. Making it a bit hard to return them as a game you bought at a store.

You can sell them new on eBay, if wrapped though.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Meier said:
Doesn't the 3000 have better battery life too? The 2000 for $135 is definitely a good deal, but the bundle of the 3000 is such a better value since I love Ratchet and would want to buy it anyway. Shame.

Wow, this is absurd... not a problem?
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4964/disgaea3ux1.jpg

Yes, it does look terrible when it is SUPER ZOOMED IN. My brother has a 3000 it's nowhere near as bad as that image makes it look. It's hardly noticeable when you are just playing and don't have the screen 2cm from your face to notice the terrible looking scan lines.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
EXGN said:
Just bought an 80GB PS3. My 40GB went down the shitter and was gonna cost me $150 to repair, so I just sold it on eBay or $180 and bought the new one for $316. Saved me a few bucks, plus now I have a full new warranty, bigger HDD, and a DS3 instead of sixaxis.

Thanks op!

so you sold a broken PS3 on eBay? :lol

Rpgmonkey

Think I now have my chance to get a 360, but anyone else having trouble getting both the discount and shipping?

I can only get one or the other for some reason.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Adam Prime said:
Well, he sold it for $180, so I'm guessing he advertised it as being broken, or described the problem.

They still sell to people looking a cheap system they think they can fix.

Nakazato

Gamer @ Heart said:

I just bought the ratchet pack : )

Shame i just bought a 1 gig card today though. Hopefully i can return it...
this still 4 sell my aunt stole mine ; ;

TheDayday

Neo Member
Pretty sure the XBox 360 Holiday Bundle is backordered. I ordered another one on Saturday and got a message from Dell this afternoon saying that it is backordered and won't be shipped until Feb. 2nd. :(

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who is a university student. You can get an extra 7% off on top of the sale discounts on the website, which really sweetens the deal. I accidentally forgot to use my student discount on my 360 Holiday bundle, but it would have saved me another $17 or so on my 360, on top of the $100 off. I called Dell to see if they could do a price adjustment the day after I ordered, but they refused to, which I think is pretty unreasonable. It had already shipped, so heaven forbid they adjust the billing information.

Tadale

Mr. Wonderful said:
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who is a university student. You can get an extra 7% off on top of the sale discounts on the website, which really sweetens the deal. I accidentally forgot to use my student discount on my 360 Holiday bundle, but it would have saved me another $17 or so on my 360, on top of the $100 off. I called Dell to see if they could do a price adjustment the day after I ordered, but they refused to, which I think is pretty unreasonable. It had already shipped, so heaven forbid they adjust the billing information.

How do you get the university discount? I'm looking to get another PS3.

dionusos

Banned
Mr. Wonderful said:
Conceptually, they should be able to simply adjust the billing. But logistically, a big company like Dell would probably have a nightmare manually adjusting billing like that for everyone who wanted one after they placed their order. Whoever you spoke to probably doesn't have the authority to do it. And I am guessing their bosses probably just told them that it "can't be done." I am under the impression that lower level employees are not made aware of exceptions to the rule because their bosses (who have the right to make these exceptions) can't have too many requests coming in for these exceptions. I could be wrong, I'm not a manager. But it seems logical that in order to keep requests for manually-done exceptions the the rule at a minimum, you would tell your customer service reps that there are no exceptions, period. Then, anyone important enough to be talking to a higher level person can be considered for the exception to the rule. I think that would be valued customers that customer service reps are told to bump up to a higher authority if they have problems, or just people who have connections.

Akia

Mr. Wonderful said:
Go here.

Click the appropriate button.

Clicking through that link until I get to a 360 Elite bundle only gets me 21% off ($315~). How do I get a total of 28% again? Because it doesn't seem to work.

EXGN

Adam Prime said:

Of course, I specifically said it was broken. I wasn't expecting that much, but I think all my PSN games may have bumped up the price a bit. Kinda funny you can sell a broken, used PS3 for almost the price of a brand new, fully functioning 360 :lol

Top Bottom