• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demi Lovato opens up about why she's using 'she/her' pronouns again

DeaDPo0L84

Me: Hi
Her: Hey, so I updated my pronouns
Me: Ummm,okay
Her: I'm not sure who I am anymore, I was they/them but I'm switching again
Me: oh cool that's totally normal and not insane at all and I'd love to share in your fantasy world, so what are your new pronouns?
Her: well now I'm going by sh...
8dv89ty.gif

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
The last 20 years, ex-child stars growing up in Hollywood have it worse than kids in public school because they are raised in a closed environment where ideology can't really be countered and it's easy to get inside someone's head and indoctrinate them. This is why Demi is doing whatever it is they are doing.

Drugs didn't even return the POW's after they won.
She, please use correct pronouns.

Tams

Gold Member
at my work if someone says that they want to use "they/them" pronouns (or any others) then we are to do it. fair enough. whatever.

so next time they appear and i refer to them as "they/them" and now they are "she/her" or "he/him" then what am i meant to do? if they tell me then fine but you just know that some people will use this as ammunition. could very well lose my job!

i don't care what people identify as but i think it's a bit shit that people can just change their mind. that's fair to be honest but if you're gonna get offended and cause trouble then how is that meant to be treated?
You only refer to them (proper use of it here!) as they/them and never use their name again.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I look forward to the day where pronouns are no longer a thing.

Not sure we'll ever be at that point. My company "strongly advise" us to add our pronouns to our emails. They also make us complete inclusion and divt training every month, which becomes more and more insane each time it's rolled out. Anybody without pronouns in their email is side eyed by other members of staff who've been trained to believe not having them is problematic.

Forsythia

Thte pronoun crowd are the new emo.
That's exactly it. I'm sure there are actual people out there who biologically do not fit into male or female, but this flipflopping between pronouns/genders is just ridiculous. In ten years these kids are looking back at this as just a phase.

Which isn't an issue actually. But society having to conform to these idiots is. This didn’t happen with emo's or any other group. Why the difference?

ZywyPL

Banned
Who even is this little they? Never heard of this girl, is he a singer? Or is it maybe an actor?

Someone who tries a bit of everything and fails to excell at even just a single industry, hence comes out with some sort of drama every now and then to remind people she's still there.

John Bilbo

Not sure we'll ever be at that point. My company "strongly advise" us to add our pronouns to our emails. They also make us complete inclusion and divt training every month, which becomes more and more insane each time it's rolled out. Anybody without pronouns in their email is side eyed by other members of staff who've been trained to believe not having them is problematic.
That reads like a first act of a horror story

John Bilbo

I wish it were fiction.

Our latest round of training had handouts on how to explain white privilege and George Floyd to your children. We're a UK company as well.
That is awful and nonsensical.

I know it is none of my business, but have you considered applying for another job?

The second act is usually when things ramp up for the finale after all.

Fbh

Demi Lovato when she figured out changing her pronouns isn't a one time thing but rather something she can do periodically to get free attention:
Oh My God Wow GIF

Lady Jane

Banned

Dear lord I would be fired from this job. The receptionists at my work sent out an email blast (which is only done for vital info) that she wants to be addressed as "they/them". I laughed and forgot about it. A week later, I get called in by HR about an "anonymous" complaint that I wasn't addressing someone by their correct pronouns. Told the HR girl "It sounds uneducated so I won't talk like that." HR just had the okay face and it was never brought up again. I didn't change how I address her but she likes to pull petty shit all the time like not including me in email blast that I need to read. What no man does to a bitch.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
That is awful and nonsensical.

I know it is none of my business, but have you considered applying for another job?

The second act is usually when things ramp up for the finale after all.

Yep. Currently looking, but mainly because my current company don't pay enough.

That's exactly it. I'm sure there are actual people out there who biologically do not fit into male or female, but this flipflopping between pronouns/genders is just ridiculous. In ten years these kids are looking back at this as just a phase.

Which isn't an issue actually. But society having to conform to these idiots is. This didn’t happen with emo's or any other group. Why the difference?
The difference is these people slowly but surely got into positions of power at every level, every industry, and every crevice of society, strongarming the general populace who don't give a shit about this stuff.

Top Bottom