Democrats introduce bill to make journalists a federally protected special class

Oct 1, 2006
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...st-protection-act-amid-trump-attacks-on-media

"The Journalist Protection Act makes it a federal crime to intentionally cause bodily injury to a journalist affecting interstate or foreign commerce in the course of reporting or in a manner designed to intimidate him or her from newsgathering for a media organization," reads the Tuesday press release. "It represents a clear statement that assaults against people engaged in reporting is unacceptable, and helps ensure law enforcement is able to punish those who interfere with newsgathering."

The lawmakers said they were introducing the bill as a response to President Trump's "climate of extreme hostility" toward the media.

"Both before and since taking office, President Trump has blatantly stoked a climate of extreme hostility toward the press," the release said. "He has called the press 'the enemy of the American people,' and described mainstream media outlets as 'a stain on America.'
Nothing to see here, plebs. Even without any actual attacks on journalists beyond a wrestling meme, they all live in such fear. Now they can harass people like the Covington kids all they want with FBI Gestapo waiting in the wings to destroy anyone who finally cracks and socks one of them, which would probably get thrown out by a local jury.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2006
It also prevents anyone from holding them accountable for writing fake news and propaganda. Oh, you called me out on this? That’s hate speech because I’m a protected class!

Things are getting crazier by the day.
I have to ask. . .where is the threat to journalists?

The first incident I see in the comments is the Jarrod Ramos incident, which had nothing to do with Trump. It was the culmination of a decade-long feud he had with the newspaper.

The only other thing I can think of is Kurt Eichenwald and the assault gif, but his whole story about having seizures was dubious as hell.

Oct 1, 2006
Oh no, nothing nefarious about this at all.

Reminds me of the "Monsanto Protection Act".
What this would allow is TMZ-esque behavior by journalists. They'll just camp out and harass people for "muh news" and if anyone gets tired of the harassment they can bring the fucking feds in to enforce it. We know journalists lie all the time as well, so they can also coerce people with this law. "Answer my questions, or, you know, I might have to go to the cops with a black eye."

A journalist could literally block someone's way, and if that person pushes them out of the way that "interferes with newsgathering".

Dec 3, 2013
What this would allow is TMZ-esque behavior by journalists. They'll just camp out and harass people for "muh news" and if anyone gets tired of the harassment they can bring the fucking feds in to enforce it. We know journalists lie all the time as well, so they can also coerce people with this law. "Answer my questions, or, you know, I might have to go to the cops with a black eye."

A journalist could literally block someone's way, and if that person pushes them out of the way that "interferes with newsgathering".
What they need is more accountability for ethics. But that goes against their propaganda tool, now doesn't it.

Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I'm glad the Democrats are finally honest about it. They've already been treating themselvs like a protected class. I'm glad their corporate donations are getting the Democrats to do something for their true constituents.

When you start protecting professions, especially when they continue fucking up this bad, it shows where your priorities lie.

Democrats are garbage. It'll be nice to see their little empire crumble around themselves while they fight among themselves.

OSC

Banned
Jun 16, 2018
It also prevents anyone from holding them accountable for writing fake news and propaganda. Oh, you called me out on this? That’s hate speech because I’m a protected class!

Things are getting crazier by the day.
I think if it doesn't get physical anything goes, and should be allowed to go.
If long enough they are indeed, they become physical. But that is generally something like islam's koran to get it to physical interaction. I view the koran as a single word whose true meaning eludes many even top muslim scolars.(it appears designed to get god to actually interact with the physical world). In that sense it is a view I share, I would sure love to see an unstoppable unpredictable event of such magnitude as to shake the very foundations of reality itself. Not only an event, but it becoming intrinsically part of the world like galactus.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2014
Assuming we avoid some sort of idiot singularity that drives us into the apocalypse, history is not going to go well for these morons. The late 2010s are when the media finally went full retard and made themselves look worse than the religious right of the 80s scared of child sacrifice, hair metal, and mortal kombat.

Luckily for the crazies back then, we didn't have things like Twitter. Now, we've got digital records of people losing their minds to mass hysteria.

Aug 30, 2014
If long enough they are indeed, they become physical. But that is generally something like islam's koran to get it to physical interaction. I view the koran as a single word whose true meaning eludes many even top muslim scolars.(it appears designed to get god to actually interact with the physical world). In that sense it is a view I share, I would sure love to see an unstoppable unpredictable event of such magnitude as to shake the very foundations of reality itself. Not only an event, but it becoming intrinsically part of the world like galactus.
I want Trump to win in 2020 too.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I dont understand, so in America you can assault a journalist and face no consequences? Cops don't arrest you, no court date? No jail time, fine and or criminal record?

I didn't realize that there was an entire profession where you were legally allowed to be assaulted, glad the democrats took care of that.

So if you add in the lynching bill and this bill, if 2 or more people "attack" a journalist its now considered a lynching and a hate crime?

Jun 20, 2018
Ahaha democrats trying to hold a protective hand over their shitty PR agencies, sorry sandmans laywer will still win the cases and after that your dumb court jesters can get fucked for not doing the minimum research and just jumping onto a twitter mob spreading lies.
Also "trumps attacks on the media" is laughable he bitches thats all and that is allowed.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
"Both before and since taking office, President Trump has blatantly stoked a climate of extreme hostility toward the press," the release said. "He has called the press 'the enemy of the American people,' and described mainstream media outlets as 'a stain on America.'
So this is just a waste of time by the Dems and another way to attack Trump. 20 thousand investigations and harrassing anyone who ever looked at Trump isn't enough now they have to pass wasted bills just to stick it to him.

Republicans should introduce a bill that make it a "hate crime" to fake "hate crimes" because Democrats have blatantly stoked the climate of extreme hostility towards Trump.

Or better yet anyone who wears Trump swag should be a portected class since odds are greater that you will be attacked or harassed wearing a MAGA hat then working for CNN or WAPO.

rivv3r

Neo Member
Feb 24, 2019
Left wing "journalism" has been labeling me a neo-Nazi and a White supremacist who needs to be punched in the streets because I don't support open borders, but Trump calling fake news exactly what it is, fake news, causes new bills to be written? New protected classes? Anybody want to honestly claim the entire left isn't a horrible cancerous joke?

Sep 4, 2018
Boo boo boo! These fucking journalists are the new “the troops”. They demand nothing less than unquestioned loyalty. At least the troops represent the working class

Hey remember when Wikileaks leaked the Collateral Murder video showing US forces gunning down journalists in Iraq? The war that our own media sold us for a decade straight? Yet the leakers are “our enemy” and Chelsea Manning was tortured by Obama admin for her good deed.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2010
"The Hill" said:
Eventually some innocent journalist will get physically hurt as a result of Trump's rhetoric. Crazies be mailing bombs. Loonies attack them at rallies. Trump seems encourage it. Look at what he said just today.

Just keep in mind folks - these are the same politicians who voted against protecting children who survive abortions because "it would've been redundant" and "that's already a crime."
Which it was. The bill was a wedge issue so Republicans can say Democrats support murdering children, which isn't true. Then you have extremely dishonest people like Trump say "The Democrat(ic) position on abortion is now so extreme that they don’t mind executing babies AFTER birth." That was another of many many lies.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018
Eventually some innocent journalist will get physically hurt as a result of Trump's rhetoric. Crazies be mailing bombs. Loonies pattack them at rallies. Trump seems encourage it. Look at what he said just today.
And we should care because....why? Journalists are entitled to federal protection but normal people aren't...why?

You aren't entitled to people's respect just because your job is to be a propaganda horn for the DNC.

Feb 25, 2018
I think a move like this, is just in preparation, (even tho it wont pass for now) for when the democrats start to win national elections in perpetuity and continue to consolidate all political and institutional power. Which if demographic voting trends continue, will happen by the 2024 or 2028 election. By that point conservatives/right wing will be disempowered from winning national elections ever again in the USA. The democrats will have free range to do whatever the fk they want and certainly one thing they do want, is to protect their mouthpieces, the lying sacks of msm shite, from ever being questioned or sued. At that point, when they are protected by law, the talking heads will truly let the hate flow through them.

Imagine when the democrats have national power locked up as tight as they have californian politics now, circa 2036 at CNN, a grey haired, slightly wrinkled Don Lemon, during prime time with no worries to accountability, talking about "The white question" without a hint of irony and only indifferent malice. Bank on it.

wzy

Dec 29, 2018
Did anyone give a shit about Teen Vogue prior to 2016?

This is completely backwards. Trump doesn't endanger the press, for Christ's sake. He almost single-handedly reformed their entire public image! Before Iraq slipped down the memory hole it would be difficult to name a more despised American institution that the newsmedia. Maybe the IRS. The Washington Post has more liberal readers today than at any time in its history. There are plenty more outlets that would have gone under entirely if not for the Trump campaign. The specific effect Trump had on the entire system is to make the argument for it's existence in the first place.

Oct 1, 2006
Eventually some innocent journalist will get physically hurt as a result of Trump's rhetoric. Crazies be mailing bombs. Loonies attack them at rallies. Trump seems encourage it. Look at what he said just today.

Which it was. The bill was a wedge issue so Republicans can say Democrats support murdering children, which isn't true. Then you have extremely dishonest people like Trump say "The Democrat(ic) position on abortion is now so extreme that they don’t mind executing babies AFTER birth." That was another of many many lies.
Obama hurt plenty of innocent journalists, but yet his party only seems concerned with eventually's.

Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I think a move like this, is just in preparation, (even tho it wont pass for now) for when the democrats start to win national elections in perpetuity and continue to consolidate all political and institutional power. Which if demographic voting trends continue, will happen by the 2024 or 2028 election. By that point conservatives/right wing will be disempowered from winning national elections ever again in the USA. The democrats will have free range to do whatever the fk they want and certainly one thing they do want, is to protect their mouthpieces, the lying sacks of msm shite, from ever being questioned or sued. At that point, when they are protected by law, the talking heads will truly let the hate flow through them.

Imagine when the democrats have national power locked up as tight as they have californian politics now, circa 2036 at CNN, a grey haired, slightly wrinkled Don Lemon, during prime time with no worries to accountability, talking about "The white question" without a hint of irony and only indifferent malice. Bank on it.
This doom-and-gloom scenario won't happen, because there will always be a calcification of the "liberals" into the "new conservatives".

Establishment Dems are already fighting against members of their own party. You think in 5 years that establishment will get stronger or weaker? Because they're the only part of the party that is keeping it electable.