• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrats OK with giving death threats to born children

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
Mini AOC, an 8 year old, was making waves parodying Adult AOC. It was all in good fun.

But of course Democrats can't take a joke anymore and not being happy killing off just the unborn they are going after the recently born as well.

Mini AOC was forced to shut down her act and all social media accounts due to harrassment and death threats. Yep, death threats against an 8 year old, folks.

Will Adult AOC disavow her followers extremist behavior? Or does she feel going after 8 year olds is fair game?

Tweet from her stepfather:

Tweet text: Ava will not being doing any more MINI AOC content. The Left's Harassment and death threats have gone too far for our family. We have been getting calls on our personal phone numbers. For our safety and for our child's safety, we deleted all Mini AOC accounts.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Shame, but thats cyber bullying. Remember there was that one Muslim girl who took off her headscarve and read for like 2 hours all the shitty things people said to her in her comments.

I don't think cyber bullies care if they are 8 or 20 or 50. Alls fair game when you are anonymous keyboard warrior sitting in your mothers basement.

Petrae

Nov 19, 2006
West Springfield, MA
www.youtube.com
Despite the obvious argument against putting your kid on social media to go viral, thus inviting assholes to be assholes and harass not only you but your kid as well...

The fact that politicians (and their increasingly crazy fanbases) bristle at comedy based on them shows how incredibly sensitive this country has become. Comedy has torn into politicians for decades. If you’re gonna be a politician, working for the public and in the public eye, you’re gonna get ripped on.

Reactions: Stilton Disco

DragoonKain

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2013
I've never even heard of this parody thing until this post. However, easy for me to say because that isn't my kid, but I think closing up shop is the wrong move, it's just going to empower these nutjobs more and more.

Reactions: Dacon

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Remember, fascists (i.e. Nazi, etc) are not conservatives. They persecuted conservatives.
I guess this was bound to happen when the left saw Fox News as a major problem and decided to one-up them. It's a media arms race. "He who controls the medium controls the message. He who controls the message controls the masses." The same people that used to mock ignorant conservatives for believing everything Fox News fed them are now believing everything MSNBC feeds them. The irony really is incredible.

Taking dissenting opinion (or comedy, in this case) off social media isn't something they'll choose to fight against because everything's been reduced to a binary choice for them: Dems good, GOP bad. Mini-AOC was "owning the libs" so she had to go. I wonder how much further down this path they can keep moving before some of them start waking up and realizing they became that which they were fighting.

Reactions: hariseldon

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
I guess this was bound to happen when the left saw Fox News as a major problem and decided to one-up them. It's a media arms race. "He who controls the medium controls the message. He who controls the message controls the masses." The same people that used to mock ignorant conservatives for believing everything Fox News fed them are now believing everything MSNBC feeds them. The irony really is incredible.

Taking dissenting opinion (or comedy, in this case) off social media isn't something they'll choose to fight against because everything's been reduced to a binary choice for them: Dems good, GOP bad. Mini-AOC was "owning the libs" so she had to go. I wonder how much further down this path they can keep moving before some of them start waking up and realizing they became that which they were fighting.
*Inserts abyss Nietzsche quote*

hariseldon

Aug 22, 2018
Saw this and was absolutely appalled. The whole thing was super-cute so why send in the hate mobs? Sometimes I just don't understand people.

Reactions: Damage Inc

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
"Democrats". What is it with politics that are always prone to make such generalizations? Then liberals are saying "republicans are nazis". That some anonymous assholes make death threats on the internet doesn't mean democrats are ok with making death threats to children... come on. This level of strawmanship in politics from both sides is retarded.

GingerNathan

May 23, 2014
Curious.
Of all the internet "I've received death threats" stories that litter attention-whores on the internet, I don't ever recall anyone questioning the validity of them.

Except here, when they're directed at a child.
Bit suspicious about the parents putting her on social media after saying she looks like AOC. Plus for something that went viral, I haven't seen it (probably arrogant of me).
I think the Jussie Smollett incident has made me a bit more cautious then I used to be.

If this happened then I hope the relevant authorities prosecute the guilty parties to the extent of the law, you don't threaten people for making jokes, especially children.

Dec 15, 2011
Bit suspicious about the parents putting her on social media after saying she looks like AOC. Plus for something that went viral, I haven't seen it (probably arrogant of me).
I think the Jussie Smollett incident has made me a bit more cautious then I used to be.

If this happened then I hope the relevant authorities prosecute the guilty parties to the extent of the law, you don't threaten people for making jokes, especially children.
Doubling down on this does the opposite of address the curious sudden concern for legitimacy of death threats here, when they are accepted as irrefutable in all other instances I've ever witnessed.

Why the concern for legitimacy now? In this particular instance?
Unlike Smollett the family aren't trying to create a narrative of racial and sexual persecution who enjoys a position of privilege.
Why the concern for legitimacy now? In this particular instance?

Like I said: Curious.

• Fire
Reactions: Ryujin

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
I mean, hundreds of thousands of people reacted negatively to it.
Among them where ass holes that went as far as to leave death threats.

So, death threats part is not news.
That there is a girl mocking left populist that, at the end of the day, is essentially a poorly educated troll, probably is.

Dec 15, 2011
I mean, hundreds of thousands of people reacted negatively to it.
Among them where ass holes that went as far as to leave death threats.

So, death threats part is not news.
That there is a girl mocking left populist that, at the end of the day, is essentially a poorly educated troll, probably is.
Just as mocking and lampooning of POTUS is freedom of speech, so is this.
Doesn't matter what the background or context of it is: she hasn't been banned from a platform - she's been threatened with violence and made to fear making jokes about a public figure - whilst people go about (on far bigger platforms) making jokes about public figures. Go read some tweets from crybully Carlos Maza (@gaywonk) to see just how much in favour his and his multi-billion corporation, high-profile platform owners are in favour of making people fear for expressing their views.

This is fascism.
This is the definition of fascism:
Fascism is a form of radical authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce
Anyone denying the parallels is either dishonest, pro-fascism, in denial or all three.

Every single effort in identity politics and intersectionality is to justify disgusting double-standards and move goalposts.

"It's OK when we do it".

It's either OK or it's not.
When you rig the game you're simply showing you don't have the skill or the integrity to play by the rules that everyone else follows.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia

What do they stand to gain from lying? If they were seeking attention, they wouldn’t have deleted her account and gone incognito.

Reactions: Schrödinger's cat

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
Just as mocking and lampooning of POTUS is freedom of speech, so is this.
Are you saying that death threats are not punishable in US?

Go read some tweets from crybully Carlos Maza (@gaywonk) to see just how much in favour his and his multi-billion corporation, high-profile platform owners are in favour of making people fear for expressing their views.

This is fascism.
Hold on.
Some ass holes in a huge angry group sending death threats is business as usual.
Californian Overlords calling Jordan Peterson / Shapiro "nazi", looking for ways to undermine their videos, youtube demonetizing Crowder is an act of censorship, and please, dear conservatives in us Senate, do something about it.

Dec 15, 2011
Are you saying that death threats are not punishable in US?
No. I'm saying that mocking public officials isn't a punishable offence.
Whether you're a news anchor on prime-time TV or an 8 year old girl.

Hold on.
Some ass holes in a huge angry group sending death threats is business as usual.
Terrorising people based on their views (or even their jokes) so that they fear for their physical wellbeing and the wellbeing of those close to them and have those views and jokes suppressed is not 'business as usual'.

Yet.

Last edited:

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
No. I'm saying that mocking public officials isn't a punishable offence.
But who said it was? They quit because of death threats, not because Californian Overlords felt so, or did I misread it?

Terrorising people based on their views (or even their jokes) so that they fear for their physical wellbeing and the wellbeing of those close to them and have those views and jokes suppressed is not 'business as usual'.

Yet.
You are trying to hold dems to standards higher than the rest of the planet.
Piss off an online group of 100k+ and you'll inevitably get death threats.

Dec 15, 2011
But who said it was? They quit because of death threats, not because Californian Overlords felt so, or did I misread it?
That death threats have been sent to an 8 year old child who is known for lightly mocking a public official says it.
That the legitimacy of such threats are called into question in this specific context, when others are never questioned says it.
That the downplaying of premeditated physical violence and the glee when it is committed - by the very same people who act wounded if their preferred pronouns and the sanctity of their safe spaces are threatened by such fearsome things as logic or critique says it.

I've drawn no political lines in this at all.
I've made comparisons between identical behaviours and the hypocritical treatment of them.

I've referenced identity politics and intersectionality and fascism.
I've not mentioned any political party.

It's both telling and damnable that those characteristics are interpreted as affiliated to one political party by observers.

And to cap it off after this specific instance suddenly has people questioning the legitimacy of death threats where no such thing happens elsewhere, I'm also being told that they are 'inevitable' if a group is 'pissed off'.

I don't think downplaying death-threats of any sort is a good idea.
But I do agree in taking control of a situation where you can. I've always said that online harassment is solvable by anyone: go offline.

I would also question the leap in logic that this exchange has undergone where "mocking a public official" is now "pissing off an online group".

Death threats: OK.
Mocking a (certain) public official: not OK?

No.
That's the road leading to fascism.

Last edited:

GingerNathan

May 23, 2014
What do they stand to gain from lying? If they were seeking attention, they wouldn’t have deleted her account and gone incognito.
Well there are political connotations, so anything that makes the other side looks bad would be a win for some people, but yes them deleting the account is a good point.
I think the allegations must be easy to prove, and at the same time quite easy to prove if it was fake. I was wrong.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
"Democrats". What is it with politics that are always prone to make such generalizations? Then liberals are saying "republicans are nazis". That some anonymous assholes make death threats on the internet doesn't mean democrats are ok with making death threats to children... come on. This level of strawmanship in politics from both sides is retarded.
Occam's razor. She wasn't parodying Dan Crenshaw nor was she holding a severed head of AOC.

You think Republicans sent her death threats? While a small minority of Democrats are conservative, they have far more regressives.

Have you been blind to how Trump has been satirized and parodied, yet put the camera on any Democrat, hint you can even interview elected Democratic officials, and let them bury themselves with calls to violence against him and his admin.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
That's part of the problem, though. Why is comedy by an 8 year old girl pissing people off? You can find it unfunny or even annoying, but when it's driving people to anger and death threats there's something very wrong. I don't remember seeing any stories about Alec Baldwin receiving death threats for his portrayal as Trump on SNL, even after Trump showed his disapproval on Twitter - they'd get picked up by every mainstream news organization and used against Trump - and he has far more notoriety for that role than mini-AOC does.

BlackBuzzard

Sep 23, 2013
Man SJWs on a roll first they death threat the girl that was playing Tony Stark's daughter, because muh Ironheart(Nobody gives a fucking damn about Riri Williams or any of the other SJW Marvel trash) and now they go after a kid who made fun of AOC :messenger_pouting:

Last edited:

crowbrow

Feb 28, 2019
You understand what this thread is about, right? Like, you aren't playing dumb on purpose.

Context.

Context Everywhere.
The title of this thread says "Democrats ok with giving death threats to born children". I was referring specifically to this absurd general statement that democrats are ok with something like this. I don't know where you're getting that I'm saying republicans send anyone death threats here. I would find it as absurd if people were accusing republicans in general about smth like this...

Reactions: Yoshi and Miku Miku