• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrats OK with giving death threats to born children

Horns

Banned
Jun 23, 2010
Threats are always bad, but these fucking parents are idiots. Like why is an 8 year old on social media? Why are parents dressing their 8 year old daughter up and encouraging her to do political parodies? They even put her on TV. WTF! The stupid parents put her in this situation. I would never put my kids in the spotlight like that so I can try to show off.

They already support it in New York and Virginia.
Murder is legal in New York and Virginia? Stop lying.

• Triggered
Reactions: DeepEnigma

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
Threats are always bad, but these fucking parents are idiots. Like why is an 8 year old on social media? Why are parents dressing their 8 year old daughter up and encouraging her to do political parodies? They even put her on TV. WTF! The stupid parents put her in this situation. I would never put my kids in the spotlight like that so I can try to show off.
Do you routinely victim blame or just in this case?

Horns

Banned
Jun 23, 2010
Do you routinely victim blame or just in this case?
The parents are not the victims. Their kid is. Did you even read what I wrote? The parents are idiots. Feel bad that this kid was/is exposed to this. But again, the parents are utter morons for exploiting their daughter and putting her in this position.

Source: I have an 8 year old daughter and a brain.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
The parents are not the victims. Their kid is. Did you even read what I wrote? The parents are idiots. Feel bad that this kid was/is exposed to this. But again, the parents are utter morons for exploiting their daughter and putting her in this position.

They claim the whole family received death threats.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Because the context of the conflict is immigration, where stakes are high.
They've been high for several decades. Makes me wonder how many death threats Schumer and Obama received for the comments they made about illegals or even comedians:

A few other jokes from late night comedians in the past:

Jay Leno:
"Over the weekend, tens of thousands of illegal immigrants rallied across the country demanding a path to citizenship. Don't we already have a path to citizenship? It's called the San Diego Freeway."

"Arizona has passed the strictest immigration bill in American history. A hundred people have been stopped already — and that was just in one van."

"Mexican President Vicente Fox arrived in the U.S. today. So, it's official. He's the last one. Turn out the lights. They are all here now."

David Lettterman:
"The president of Mexico has arrived in the U.S., thanks to some nifty fence climbing. ... I thought this was encouraging. He offered to take President Bush's job for $3 an hour cash."

"The Mexican border will now have surveillance cameras and motion detectors. Our borders will be as secure as The Gap."

Conan O'Brien:
"Immigration is the big issue right now. Earlier today, the Senate voted to build a 370-mile fence along the Mexican border. ... Experts say a 370-mile fence is the perfect way to protect a border that is 1,900 miles long."

The issue was always a hot one, it's the way a certain segment of the country reacts to that issue that has changed for the worse and the media plays a large role in that.

Threats are always bad, but these fucking parents are idiots.
If the criticism stopped at "These parents are idiots for using a child for political humor" then this would be a very different thread.

Like why is an 8 year old on social media? Why are parents dressing their 8 year old daughter up and encouraging her to do political parodies? They even put her on TV.
All better questions than "Where does this girl live and how can we scare her family away?"

Reactions: Dacon

Whitesnake

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2018

Do you feel the same way about parents who try to take their kids across the border knowing full well that they’ll be detained?

12Goblins

Mar 1, 2017
The first time it was cute but the second time was in really poor taste, and quite offensive, mocking AOC who has helped bring a lot of attention to the abysmal living conditions in those camps. Naturally death threats are never justified, but pretending to be shocked something like this happened I find really disingenuous. That little girl is playing with fire. Incredibly irresponsible of her parents and putting her in real danger... Any time ideology is involved, there will be gunfire. No Democrat would ever condone this behavior, nor do they ever take pleasure in aborting the birth of a newborn. Honesty please

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2018
The first time it was cute but the second time was in really poor taste, and quite offensive, mocking AOC who has helped bring a lot of attention to the abysmal living conditions in those camps. Naturally death threats are never justified, but pretending to be shocked something like this happened I find really disingenuous. That little girl is playing with fire. Incredibly irresponsible of her parents and putting her in real danger... Any time ideology is involved, there will be gunfire. No Democrat would ever condone this behavior, nor do they ever take pleasure in aborting a newborn. Honesty please
Funny that you would talk about irresponsible parents putting their children in danger, especially regarding this topic.

TTOOLL

Mar 22, 2012
I don't think AOC is going to care when this is coming from her party:

All according to plan.

Dark times indeed. The same is happening in my country. Congress is trying to create a committee to investigate online bullying against them.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The first time it was cute but the second time was in really poor taste, and quite offensive, mocking AOC who has helped bring a lot of attention to the abysmal living conditions in those camps. Naturally death threats are never justified, but pretending to be shocked something like this happened I find really disingenuous. That little girl is playing with fire. Incredibly irresponsible of her parents and putting her in real danger... Any time ideology is involved, there will be gunfire. No Democrat would ever condone this behavior, nor do they ever take pleasure in aborting the birth of a newborn. Honesty please
i really cannot tell if this is a joke post, i hope so goblins

i hope so

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
So a little girl can't parody someone without expecting to have her life threatened? Is that because the left is dangerous and unhinged?

Democrats have condoned this behavior. Has AOC spoken out against it? Or how about any other other Democrat?

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
:messenger_grinning_squinting: Well we know that is a lie.

Also it's a bit rich for a democrat to complain about mocking politicians.

Lokimaru

Jun 10, 2014
I don't think AOC is going to care when this is coming from her party:

All according to plan.
So people are saying it's OK to try to Intimidate and Threaten Members of the Legislative Branch of our Government? That this shouldn't be prosecutable? last i checked Slander was a Crime as was trying to Intimadate or Threaten Someone, Hell so is Libel for that matter. How the hell do people Post shit like that? When fuck do we lose our Scruples man?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
So people are saying it's OK to try to Intimidate and Threaten Members of the Legislative Branch of our Government? That this shouldn't be prosecutable? last i checked Slander was a Crime as was trying to Intimadate or Threaten Someone, Hell so is Libel for that matter. How the hell do people Post shit like that? When fuck do we lose our Scruples man?
Well that's not "making fun of" (her words more emphasized prior) now is it?

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec

Do you think eight year old mini-AOC and/or her parents should be prosecuted for threatening, intimidating and slandering the congresswoman?