• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Democrats Release Ukraine Report

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009

I'm not going to read a giant document written by Schiff, but from what I've heard it outlines accusations of Trump trying to gain favors to get dirt on his politcal rival for 2020 and obstruction of justice for not letting all his staff testify. Basically stuff we've already been hearing about the past few weeks.

Last edited:

Zefah

Jan 7, 2007
Ooh, boy. Looking forward to digging into this later.

What's the word on whether or not they will move to a vote on impeachment in the House?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
Ooh, boy. Looking forward to digging into this later.

What's the word on whether or not they will move to a vote on impeachment in the House?
They have to do all the judiciary committee hearings first. If Pelosi has the votes after those then she will put it up for vote... probably sometime right before the Christmas break.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Not interested in reading. The final articles of impeachment (which have to pass a vote for the final version before the House votes) are what matter. Schiff is welcome to spew whatever propaganda he wants in the meanwhile, though.

Also, you can't obstruct justice if the hearing isn't legitimate. Didn't they already try this with Russiagate?

Zefah

Jan 7, 2007
They have to do all the judiciary committee hearings first. If Pelosi has the votes after those then she will put it up for vote... probably sometime right before the Christmas break.
Ahh, I thought they had wrapped up all of the hearings by now. Didn't realize there was another series waiting to be done in committee.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
1000 reasons to impeach: [exists]

Democrats: "Let's impeach on the most nebulous and unsound one! That'll do!"
What are these 1000 reasons you speak of? Other than orange man bad, that is.

One would think that if there was a credible reason to impeach him, the DNC and deep state would have dug it up already.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
CNN's Manu Raju asked Schiff if he thought the Senate should remove Trump from office after a speech about how the evidence against Trump is clear. He said he had to talk with his party before he could reach a decision. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

How do Democrats still take that man seriously?

legacyzero

"Praise be to Bish" -legacyzero
Feb 20, 2011
Nebraska
www.youtube.com
What are these 1000 reasons you speak of? Other than orange man bad, that is.

One would think that if there was a credible reason to impeach him, the DNC and deep state would have dug it up already.
I mean, emoluments for starters.

Trust me, I'm not of the platitudes overreactions of Orange man bad. That's for liberals who dont care about policy or substantive debate. Certainly emoluments has way more proof and substance than hearsay, aside from the White House actively trying to obstruct.

My other feeling is that if it were Obama or Hillary, I wager the GOP would frothing to impeach over the same stuff. Like emails and Benghazi and all that.

I'm just saying- a little principle in either party would be nice.

CNN's Manu Raju asked Schiff if he thought the Senate should remove Trump from office after a speech about how the evidence against Trump is clear. He said he had to talk with his party before he could reach a decision. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

How do Democrats still take that man seriously?
Any Democrat thinking that this is going to go ANYwhere past the Senate is playing themselves worse than 2016.

I WOULD be interested in seeing what would come out of an anonymous impeachment vote in the Senate though lol.

Last edited:

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018
The counter report reminds me of the counter FISA report. Both equally pathetic.

One of the lines in the Republican report is "Trump repeatedly said he didn't pressure Zelensky" - because you know, a person who is trying to defend themselves will admit they did everything they are being accused of. I concluded it's not worth reading after that.

I think if you take Mulvaney's statements (which no one cares to dispute), the transcript where Trump brings up the Ukraine hoax which now even republican say has no merit, Sondlands clear proof of interaction with the president and there being a separate quid pro quo from the one with Mulvaney - you basically got everything you need. No indication the Bidens did anything wrong just further reaffirms things - unless having your kids be given important positions is a thing, maybe Trump should remove Jared and his prized silicone filled daughter from their current positions too.

They will impeach for sure, and there will likely be a substantial hearing at the Senate level. It's not going to be a fun Christmas for the Trumps, and I suspect he may even consider stepping down and blaming someone else before this all blows up in his face.

• LOL
Reactions: autoduelist

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
The counter report reminds me of the counter FISA report. Both equally pathetic.

One of the lines in the Republican report is "Trump repeatedly said he didn't pressure Zelensky" - because you know, a person who is trying to defend themselves will admit they did everything they are being accused of. I concluded it's not worth reading after that.

I think if you take Mulvaney's statements (which no one cares to dispute), the transcript where Trump brings up the Ukraine hoax which now even republican say has no merit, Sondlands clear proof of interaction with the president and there being a separate quid pro quo from the one with Mulvaney - you basically got everything you need. No indication the Bidens did anything wrong just further reaffirms things - unless having your kids be given important positions is a thing, maybe Trump should remove Jared and his prized silicone filled daughter from their current positions too.

They will impeach for sure, and there will likely be a substantial hearing at the Senate level. It's not going to be a fun Christmas for the Trumps, and I suspect he may even consider stepping down and blaming someone else before this all blows up in his face.
You should apply for a job at MSNBC. Not joking. You could give Elie Mystal a run for his money.

Look at this beauty from Donny Deutsch:

"And I'm not saying do anything dishonest, but..."

"Facts and the laws are not gonna protect us right now."

"For the Democrats, we need to twist and meld..."

Speaks for itself, really, practically laying out the shady way the Democrats have conducted themselves and MSNBC, in turn, pushes the party's messaging.

Sacred

Aug 22, 2018

I don't even.. you are seriously fucking hopeless.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005

If anyone ever want's to know what's happening in an alternate universe, here's an inside look.

gunslikewhoa

Mar 3, 2014

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018
You should apply for a job at MSNBC. Not joking. You could give Elie Mystal a run for his money.

Look at this beauty from Donny Deutsch:

"And I'm not saying do anything dishonest, but..."

"Facts and the laws are not gonna protect us right now."

"For the Democrats, we need to twist and meld..."

Speaks for itself, really, practically laying out the shady way the Democrats have conducted themselves and MSNBC, in turn, pushes the party's messaging.
I don't even.. you are seriously fucking hopeless.
If anyone ever want's to know what's happening in an alternate universe, here's an inside look.

Trump Defense Force to the rescue.

Last edited:

Hotspurr

Jan 27, 2018
Haha holy shit. I didn't expect things to come out that soon.

Nunes: why would you believe an indicted criminal and defame me!?!

Also Nunes: Rudy working with said criminal is perfectly fine, no collusion or quid pro quo

Also Nunes: actually I spoke with said criminal too...

WOW