• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's soul and FF16 on PC - what a time to be alive

MiguelItUp

Right?! That's exactly what I said in another thread! It was a great presentation of course, but both Xbox and Playstation have shown me it's a great time to be a PC player.

Definitely gonna get a PS5 next year though cause God Of War, lmao.

Chromata

Had the exact same thought. This showcase + RTX 3070/3080 prices make now a fantastic time to build a gaming rig for those who are thinking about it.

Stuart360

Went PC only before this gen, was recently contemplating POSSIBly getting a console as well, but after everything shown so far, thats a big NO. And everything will end up on PC at some point anyway imo.
PC is where its at.

Last edited:

Fbh

Final Fantasy was expected. Third party exclusives are a thing of the past.

But Demon Souls is amazing. Right now I'm way more tempted to build a PC than getting either of the next gen console.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
If CP2077 had RT on ps5, Demons Souls exclusive and maybe one other insane title besides spiderman, or at least some fucking info on BC and enhancements for ps4 titles I would've instantly bought the PS5 but as it stands, I think I'm just going to get a 3080 since DS is coming to PC as well. I have a gut feeling DS will come with some amazing raytracing effects.

Last edited:

Antitype

Agreed. But that was always my plan, even before those announcements. I did the same with the PS4. I only got one much later in the gen. If you got the funds for a nice rig, PC has become a no brainer as a primary platform. Consoles only really got their first party exclusives going for them and if you are more limited in funds.

Velius

Banned
I would love nothing more than to be able to just have my PC souped up, rather than investing in both Microsoft and Sony sprinkling exclusives amidst a sea of multiplatforms.

Unfortunately God of War is one of my favorite franchises. But there's no way it's coming out in 2021, so I'll wait for PS5 Pro

jakinov

Probably still going to get console versions for Demon Souls. Not super easy for me to play games on my TV for couch, surround, and big screen. and don't want to deal with reliability/performance issues. Plus trophies. I usually just get competitive games or games that'll play well with a mouse or something i can play while I watch stuff on PC.

Myths

Final Fantasy was expected. Third party exclusives are a thing of the past.

But Demon Souls is amazing. Right now I'm way more tempted to build a PC than getting either of the next gen console.
It was definitely expected from me. I mean when the franchise took off commercially, FF’s after VI were released not long after their console counterparts on PC. After that, they paused with the single-player experience in exchange for exclusivity. And now we’re back to greatness.

Play has no limits. 🤥

KingT731

EiEfH-aWsAciJx9

chozen

This is really sus, I feel like they didn't want to announce it coming to PC early, or maybe its just not coming to PC but still strange.

Paracelsus

Lol this thread aged like milk in the sun. Demon's Souls is PS5 only.

You're using Demon's Souls to take the edge off of FFXVI being a multiplatform game that won't sell one (1) PS5.
This mistake was the best thing Sony did, basically, I wonder if it was intentional.

mejin

Update 6:46 p.m.: While the trailer shown during the PlayStation 5 Showcase included a note that Final Fantasy XVI is also coming to PC, the official announcement and trailer published by Square Enix do not mention a PC version. Asked about a PC version, the company told Gematsu: “We have no further information on if Final Fantasy XVI will be released on platforms other than the PS5.”

Azurro

Banned
And this means what? Horizon Zero Dawn is on PC. Sony has stated that they're continuing to explore the PC as a platform for their games. You can't be sure about anything anymore.

I'll quote myself:

They have been very explicit that those ports are marketing for PS5, "Hey, this is what you are missing out on, come and get a PS5". They have no reason to just dump one of their new exclusives on PC. If it happens you'll be waiting for a looong time.

Death Stranding was not a Sony IP, they basically gave Kojima really nice terms to get his game to score it as an exclusive and continue the good business partnership.

Demon's Souls is a Sony IP, a new title coming for next gen and Sony WANTS you to get a PS5 to get this game. It would make 0 sense for this game to hit the PC until the end of the PS5 generation, if the silly marketing experiment is still going on by then.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Update 6:46 p.m.: While the trailer shown during the PlayStation 5 Showcase included a note that Final Fantasy XVI is also coming to PC, the official announcement and trailer published by Square Enix do not mention a PC version. Asked about a PC version, the company told Gematsu: “We have no further information on if Final Fantasy XVI will be released on platforms other than the PS5.”

Oops, haha. This and DS are both coming to PC, just later.

Krisprolls

Banned
You're using Demon's Souls to take the edge off of FFXVI being a multiplatform game that won't sell one (1) PS5.
This mistake was the best thing Sony did, basically, I wonder if it was intentional.

FFXVI is a PS5 console exclusive, that's what matters for them. PC is not really a PS5 competitor outside of the small segment of hardcore gamers. Those are just 2 distinct crowds with not that many people switching one way or the other (outside of some hardcore gamers).

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned

Wait, FFXVI isn't coming to PC either? I guess it's a FFVII remake kind of deal. What kind of monkey did you find to edit your video Sony? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'll quote myself:

Death Stranding was not a Sony IP, they basically gave Kojima really nice terms to get his game to score it as an exclusive and continue the good business partnership.

Demon's Souls is a Sony IP, a new title coming for next gen and Sony WANTS you to get a PS5 to get this game. It would make 0 sense for this game to hit the PC until the end of the PS5 generation, if the silly marketing experiment is still going on by then.
Well... let me quote myself
the question is when.
I don't expect this game to come to PC next year, but I do expect to see it on PC someday in the future.

Paracelsus

FFXVI is a PS5 console exclusive, that's what matters for them. PC is not really a PS5 competitor outside of the small segment of hardcore gamers. Those are just 2 distinct crowds with not that many people switching one way or the other (outside of some hardcore gamers).

People used to spend $599€ at launch for Final Fantasy XIII/Versus XIII.

Azurro

Banned
Well... let me quote myself

I don't expect this game to come to PC next year, but I do expect to see it on PC someday in the future.

Well, it'd be about 6 years/end of gen and only if Sony is still doing their experiment and if they decide to bring this game to the PC. Not a "the question is when" situation.

Top Bottom