• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Soul | New Gameplay Video

Its crazy, I remember when Demon souls launched on ps3 and I used to frequent gamespots System wars forum and here (before it got bad) and I remember so many people saying how this game was crap. The graphics were crap, it was slow and cumbersome looking and so many people shit on the game(especially the 360 fanboys back in the day).

I loved what I saw and imported it from Hong Kong to get an English version. I loved it. A year later Atlus was selling some bundled box set with guide. I picked that up too and gave my import to a friend to try. He hated it, said it was too hard and went back to wow/FF13. After the reviews starting coming out with 9/10 and such people's minds changed.

This game probably brought a lot of people into the ps3 realm, unintentionally. It surprised me that this was the best game of the show. That Demon souls remake is why I want a ps5. What a strange thing.
Don't get me wrong, I am pumped to play a favorite game again, but damn, shocking that this was basically game of the show.

The world in general looks amazing, but it seems my concerns for enemy design is still valid, they look too westernized. The enemy knight design was too fancy for demons souls at least. Also, movement and animation lacked... Weight? Looked a bit off to me.
I noticed this too, but i am hoping it was just done for the trailer. Like being able to one shot those knights. Either that or they had the character beefed up. Probably that, its a trailer ,not actual gameplay. Casuals would bitch and moan like they did on the og ps3 demon souls reveal about how slow and boring it looks if they didn't do this. Which was what happened to the ps3 verison. When sony ditched the us release after feedback from forumites bashing the game. It wasn't until importers like myself and many others got it and spread word of mouth that a cult phenominon was born. Atlas then swung in to save the day for western release. The rest is history.
Bluepoint has done fine jobs on games, I have faith in their remake ability.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Like being able to one shot those knights
yeah i would be very surprised if they made the game easy. those blue eyed knights went down in one hit, he even just swings through the shield at one point. that has to be for the demo. Vaati suspects as much and i think it's a safe bet.

tho it is funny to see some people say "That doesn't look so hard"

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

I don't remember if I said it out loud but before the gameplay reveal I thought I'd love a Souls game that would match the CG trailers from Dark Souls 2, like this one:

I didn't think it's gonna be possible but shiet, bastards at Blue Point came very, very close.

The one game that truly screams next gen. I was pretty shocked at the live stream. Crazy impressive!

Bluepoint shot the competition straight in the face.

mlNVbdh.gif

The amount of idiocy ITT SMH, it's a presentation meant to create hype not actually represent the game, that's why everything gets one shotted and why there's no HUD, remember that GOW gameplay at E3 and how it's not like the final game?

I don't remember if I said it out loud but before the gameplay reveal I thought I'd love a Souls game that would match the CG trailers from Dark Souls 2, like this one:

I didn't think it's gonna be possible but shiet, bastards at Blue Point came very, very close.

The one game that truly screams next gen. I was pretty shocked at the live stream. Crazy impressive!

Bluepoint shot the competition straight in the face.

mlNVbdh.gif

We won't see that level of fidelity from From software. Bluepoint would need to do a Demons Souls 2 in 3 years to get near that.

Top Bottom