• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Soul | New Gameplay Video

GHG

Gold Member
why no one is talking about this ?

39lkx80kokn51.png

It's on PC as well? No need for a PS5 for the foreseeable future then.

A9o6i0k.png

What exactly is that "Not available on other consoles for a limited time" line supposed to mean? There's no way a Sony Studios game will be released on Xbox, so what other consoles could they be talking about?

Miles708

It looks awesome, but it doesn't feel like Demon's Souls or any From game for that matter.

The gameplay seems odd, but I can't put my finger on it.

I think it's because the camera placement (typically very centered and rigid in these games) is different, a bit de-centered, much closer, a bit more dynamic.
Makes it feel more cinematic. The "non-cinematic" feeling is one of the best things of the series, so this feels different without a doubt.

Also, i fear bosses will look like shit, but enviroments are just gorgeus.

Salmonboy

I think it looked kinda odd to be honest. Weird animations, strange hit detection. The character walked/runned like he needed to go to the toilet. Looks more like a non-muscular man trying to walk around in that metal armor. Also, the combat looked very "light-ish".

Eh, both good and bads from the video. The overall atmosphere and the models of some of the bosses and enemies are still big standouts. They don't really look good, though they technically are graphically improved compared to the original. I did at least perceive to see some visual effects that did give it a Demon's Souls vibe in some of the transitions. I did also like the fog effect once you used the archstone.

MADGAME

Interesting the entire demo was hud-less. I wonder if they tweaked any systems to make a no hud playthrough viable

Also, Geoff tweeted it is a launch title

Last edited:
I feel like it's pretty, but the atmosphere looks kinda different somehow.
Somehow?
This Bluepoint thing is a completely different beast from the original and I, frankly, don't like it one bit.
I wasn't impressed with the reveal trailer but I still had hope for a second trailer but the impressions that I got from the newest footage aren't good, at all.

That said, I can understand why many people think that game (maybe if considered a new stand alone title) is gorgeous.

Dommel

Nope. Was really hoping this had been able to meet the launch, but since they didn't mention the date, I assume it's not good news.

Even Spider-Man didn't list as a launch game ("Holiday 2020"), so both consoles, zero new games on day one, not great, but at least it's still all happening in 2020 instead of being pushed back.

Also, game looked good, so back to that...

Geoff Keighly just confirmed on Twitter it's a launch title.

Keihart

A9o6i0k.png

What exactly is that "Not available on other consoles for a limited time" line supposed to mean? There's no way a Sony Studios game will be released on Xbox, so what other consoles could they be talking about?
i'm suspect of this too. The only way this makes sense, if it's not an error, it's that we are getting a sequel to Demon's int he near future or there is some kind of deal with FromSoftware.

I guess I'm alone. I thought it looked weird in terms of the animations. Looked a little too clean and bright as well. Still think that boss looks weird too, the demon guy.

I think this will be a ways off. Didn't even show a UI or anything.

Yeah, not dirty/raw enough imo. I prefer the look of the original by a long stretch.

Bartski

Gold Member
The direct feed looks absolutely fire!!! :messenger_fire: Latria, Armored Spider and Flamelurker... wow, SPOT ON. Is it just my memory or even the enemy placement is exactly the same in the tutorial level shown? It really looks like they're going for 1:1 remake, love it 'cause I love the original to bits. BUT I'm very curious if they really decided to keep all level design intact - how will that translate to some parts of the original that, well, might have not been Miyazaki's greatest achievements, like the Dragon God battle or some of the Stonefang... Well done Bluepoint

iconmaster

Banned
That’s the most impressed I’ve been by the look of a game in a very long time.

The original didn’t feature vaulting, right? So there could be some new incidental movement animations.

I'll be honest. I dont like that "You Died" graphic.

Yeah, I have one complaint about the whole thing and it’s that. Easy fix if they want to try again.

There’s a theory going around that it wasn’t the in-game UI, but superimposed over the footage for effect.

Last edited:

trikster40

This game is gorgeous. I can’t wait to dive back in. Got the plat on the US and JP version, so 3rd times the charm!

DavidGzz

I had to keep it together in the presence of my family but if I were alone I would have been jumping up and down, lmao! Looks soooooo fucking gooood! Hit me in the feels...

RedVIper

Banned
It looks awesome, but it doesn't feel like Demon's Souls or any From game for that matter.

The gameplay seems odd, but I can't put my finger on it.

Yeah I could instantly tell FromSoftware weren't the ones working on it.

The atmosphere just looks worse for me. Obviously this is going to be a matter off opinion.

I kinda want to see Elden Ring, because I have a feeling it might not be as technically impressive as this.

I dunno, I'm amazed how much they preserved the atmosphere considering how radically changed it is visually. It looks like it's set to be among the finest remakes ever.

Portugeezer

Visually it is simply stunning. But it also means that some of the floaty animations and clipping stand out a bit more.

Still, happy to be playing this masterpiece at launch, for the first time.

Top Bottom