• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls is a Launch title

GHG

The only game that impressed me graphically, nothing else stood out to me.

I thought spiderman looked decent but that was pretty much QTE: the game.

Same reason I didn't bother with the first one, none of what I saw pre release made me say I need to play it.

Great, but if they keep releasing their games on PC, I'm just going to buy a PC.

What the hell is the point in a console if you can get all it's games on a superior platform?

Skifi28

Great, but if they keep releasing their games on PC, I'm just going to buy a PC.

What the hell is the point in a console if you can get all it's games on a superior platform?

Having been a PC gamer for nearly 20 years, it's not all fun and games on the other side of the fence. There's merrit to just buying a game that works which I appreciate more and more as I grow older.

decisions

They took down the Demon's Souls trailer in the PS YouTube channel. Sounds like the temporal console exclusive/PC version was a mistake.

Yeah for sure someone just got fired. The ending of the trailer was obviously not supposed to say whatever the hell it said, and was definitely supposed to say "available digitally at launch" lol.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
it sounds like the PS5 launches with Demon's, but there is no confirmation about the PC launch date. i wonder if it it launches on PS5 first and comes to PC later?
PC is very finnicky. i play Death Stranding on PS4 Pro for hundred+ hours and never saw any crashes or frame hitches or anything. i double dipped and got it on PC. the PC release has crashed several times. the performance is also much shakier. console games just seem steadier to me. this is how i find most games on PC tbh. you are getting a smoother experience on console.

controllers just work on consoles. the PC is a pain to deal with. even if Windows sees your controller, Steam may not recognize it, the game won't see it, you have to download a third party driver and install, etc. sometimes i will even open up a game i have been playing and find that the game was updated and my controller no longer works, and have to do the process all over again. on console, none of this is ever an issue. plug and play. convenience.

finally, there is the upgrade treadmill. gaming on PC is fine, but you will need to keep upgrading it. last year i upgraded mine with a new video card, and already it is struggling on current gen releases. for me to get a 3080 and upgrade again would cost $699, which is $200 more than the cost of a brand new console.

imo if you are a serious PC gamer expect to spend a console's worth on upgrades every couple of years vs. the long life of a dedicated console which only has a single upfront cost.

Last edited:

Chun Swae

Banned
It is NOT coming to PC

Even the interns at Playstation are confused by Jim Ryan's and Hermen's horrible strategy.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
This pretty much sells me.

I can’t imagine opting out of playing this and Miles Morales in two months. Yes, it’s disappointing that MM won’t be PS5 exclusive, but what we’ve seen thus far is pretty impressive regardless.

To me, this is a good reason to be an early adopter, for those excited. It’s not perfect, but it’s so much more than I expected, especially after Kena had to bow out.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
If the pc is a console, then let me just declare it the winner of the console wars right nyao

It's not a console tho
i never said it was.

this thread starts with Geoff saying it is a "launch title for PS5". he didn't say PC.

there is no date listed in the ad. hence, i suspect the date for PC is not at launch.

EDIT: eh.... on second thought, who the fuck knows at this point?

Last edited:

Vtecomega

Banned
It's just a prettier version , nothing to get excited about
giphy.gif

i never said it was.

this thread starts with Geoff saying it is a "launch title for PS5". he didn't say PC.

there is no date listed in the ad. hence, i suspect the date for PC is not at launch.

Apologies, but perhaps there is some confusion, I don't challenge the timed nature of the exclusivity at all.

The specific text on the video, which has been taken down and some tweet says was actually an error, read thusly:

"Not available on other consoles for a limited time. Also available on pc."

So

"other consoles" was meant to indicate PC too, i'm guessing

it's a timed exclusive for PS5 IMO

Wouldn't indicate pc, because the text already made a distinction between console/pc.

But it all looks like it could be meaningless now after that video being taken down, which is again possibly because of some error in that print

Mozzarella

Probably the best launch title possible for PS5.
Fromsoft are no longer niche, their games are now as mainstream as it gets, and the popular vote demands it.
I'm not buying PS5 this year, i will probably buy it next year in Q4. But this is definitely on my wishlist for now.

Top Bottom