• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT| Power was granted, so the world could be mended

cormack12

Gold Member
kqzA4Mi.gif

Ox11pOY.gif

HYgZ5QQ.gif

JHLqBH3.gif

b2CZ0np.gif

DD1ESps.gif

3i3VPyW.gif

3dHlFLY.gif

6E14QNX.gif

NJ9hsDO.gif

cR5XAgt.gif

3uWlTcc.gif

ePZtGPz.gif

ARsiLVS.gif

cormack12

Gold Member
Need to get these up because I'm going to accessing from mobile devices mainly next week and not going to have the apps/facilities unfortunately.

LENCH187

This could be the only game releasing with PS5 as far as Im concerned. Couldnt give less of a shit about any of the other launch titles

Im ready to vanquish some demons

Senua

The only true "next gen" title is a remake. What a time to be alive!

Looks fucking awesome

Tschumi

I'm really interested to see what people who loved later Soulsborne games but haven't played DS think of this

Last edited by a moderator:

sublimit

Banned
I envy those of you who will play this masterpiece on day 1. I will stay away from this thread until i get the game myself.
I'm a little disappointed there isn't a collectors edition for this game though. If there was one i would have bought it day 1 even if i don't intend to buy a PS5 right now.

I have played the original many many times but i want to go in on this one as "blind" as possible. I haven't even watched the second gameplay trailer or character creator and i stayed away from all the info about new features and QOL improvements. I want to be susrprised as much as possible when i play it.

Have fun guys.You all have hearts of gold.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I'm really interested to see what people who loved later Soulsborne games but haven't played DS think of this

Anyone who’s played Dark Souls 1,2,3 will love it (if they loved them) but people who have only played Bloodborne and Sekiro might be in for an unpleasant surprise... it’s board and sword all the way and far slower paced. I‘m looking forward to that pace again myself. I miss that meditative speed that the older Souls games go at.

Senua

I envy those of you who will play this masterpiece on day 1. I will stay away from this thread until i get the game myself.
I'm a little disappointed there isn't a collectors edition for this game though. If there was one i would have bought it day 1 even if i don't intend to buy a PS5 right now.

I have played the original many many times but i want to go in on this one as "blind" as possible. I haven't even watched the second gameplay trailer or character creator and i stayed away from all the info about new features and QOL improvements. I want to be susrprised as much as possible when i play it.

Have fun guys.You all have hearts of gold.
My heart is as black as Wesley Snipes I think you'll find

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can you guys believe it. It's finally happening

FFVII Remake
Demon's Souls Remake

We're here boys. My favorite game(s) of all time.

I'll be refreshing this thread more times than I checked my phone while my wife's in labour.

Last edited:
I guess technically, but that has not impressed me in the slightest, maybe it's the shitty artstyle

Given the scarcity and drought on PC till Cyberpunk giving that baby a try at Max settings on PC is a no brainer. The gameplay is gonna surprise lots of folks too.

Last edited:

Beardsalt

Oh man, I can already feel the heat from the Red Dragon burning my face off (which I’ll probably let him do on purpose) as I’m running through the long bridge in Bolataria!
The fire he spews even looks awesome lol!

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
6 second loading from Nexus to 1-1!!!!

Yoshichan

You still make sounds when you’re in phantom form. That sucks :(

Yoshichan

What happens to the old monk if you play offline? Or player population is low?
You fight the old monk NPC, pretty brain dead fight

Skifi28

I want this thing yesterday......and with the new lockdown announced during launch I'm not sure what's happening to my console preorder. Q.Q

JimiNutz

Banned
I suck at Soul's games but I still have fun.
This game is the only reason I kept my PS5 pre order. I expect the game will probably last me until GOW2 comes out lol

Great Hair

Banned
W T F ????

Now i understand the uproar of SoC Remake fans. They got nothing right? It feels estranged to me. 12min and not once did they switch between both modes.
- the fucking maneater looks like an ape
- the look of certain bosses, enemies ... you did not change the bosses in SoC? Why now?
- the excessive use of motion blur
- iconic things like the bell of the mind flA*yers gone WTF?
- the torment, lamentation of the wicked lost souls in Tower of Latria
- the lack of ambience ... again in Tower of Latria
- the ugliest gui i´ve seen..

edit: played around with some filters (the game comes with some premade ones)

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I think the only mistake they've made is making 'mirror mode' a reward in NG+. A lot of people would likely want to play on that setting immediately to give the game a fresh feel.

Top Bottom