• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls Remake: also coming to PC [Update: Sony refutes]

But the actual console exclusives use the word console exclusive

NaCg3OJ.jpg
Don't know mate. Seems like the same wording but just arranged differently. As in it means the same thing either way. Don't know why they would have put it differently. But it's there all the same.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so wait a minute.... DS is a launch title.... PS5 comes out Nov 12.... i guess that means we get this in November???

game looks amazing but i know my current machine wouldn't be able to run it nearly as good as a PS5.

buying a new video card would cost as much as this new console.

plus i'd have to fiddle with Steam and x360ce again.

yeah i'll go with PS5.

Last edited:

CAB_Life

That wording is weird. “Not available on other consoles for a limited period of time”? Why would it come to other consoles at all?

Strange times. Fanboys must be cutting themselves right now.

Well I was thinking about spending more money than I should to get a PS5 purely out of my love for Demon's Souls.

Now I don't know what to do, but it won't be that impulsive buy.

Console wars...I guess the only way to win is not to play?

Rikkori

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it this is fucking great!!!

There's nothing else I want from PS5 more than this

giphy.gif

Esppiral

That wording is weird. “Not available on other consoles for a limited period of time”? Why would it come to other consoles at all?

Maybe a downport to ps4 it's the only thing that makes sense

Last edited:

jimbojim

Banned
Hmm, that's not clear. Other titles say PlayStation exclusive, but have the same fine print and are coming to Xbox

iSKlXup.png

Says the same thing here, and both PS4 and PS5 logos are there, so what is this other console they're talking about while at the same time stating that it's "Playstation exclusive"?

NaCg3OJ.jpg

I believe it is for 3rd party games and which aren't their IPs. Demon's is Sonys IP

Last edited:
Maybe a downport to ps4 it's the only thing that makes sense
Other games coming to PS4 literally said coming to PS4 at a later date in the small print. I'm not saying it's definitely coming to Xbox or something, just saying that they've been clear on that in their wording elsewhere.

What a fucking stupid thing to do.... management at PlayStation is braindead.

Yes! it is them who are brain dead, no way it may be you. No way at all. No sir.

OT: This is one of the few things they have showed that I am interested in at the moment. So having it on my PC of choice with the rest of my Souls games will be amazing.

Well I was thinking about spending more money than I should to get a PS5 purely out of my love for Demon's Souls.

Now I don't know what to do, but it won't be that impulsive buy.

Console wars...I guess the only way to win is not to play?

Same here. I was on the PC until Demon's Souls launches train. I don't know what it will take for me to get PS5 now. Whatever it is, I haven't seen it yet.

Bring on that sweet 3090.

Journey

Banned

LMAO

Yes, the wording is confusing, but I do believe this is only coming to PlayStation, unless someone else is handling the remake because Bluepoint games and Japan Studios are involved. I mean Bluepoint brought the Xbox 360 version of Titalfall to Xbox, but that's about it, Japan Studio is all PlayStation, so not gonna happen. PS + PC is the likelyhood, wording be damned lol.

LMAO

Yes, the wording is confusing, but I do believe this is only coming to PlayStation, unless someone else is handling the remake because Bluepoint games and Japan Studios are involved. I mean Bluepoint brought the Xbox 360 version of Titalfall to Xbox, but that's about it, Japan Studio is all PlayStation, so not gonna happen. PS + PC is the likelyhood, wording be damned lol.

Nah it is definitely coming to other consoles.

Vick

Selling console units is not as lucrative as you seem to think it is. Do you honestly believe that the Sony execs hadn't thought about this? Or they should have consulted you first?
Sure thing as they obviously don’t care about selling PS5’s.
I for one won’t buy it at launch now and probably for a long while since at the moment there’s no exclusive i care about.
I just hope they’re not going to do some stupid shit to downgrade the PC version or making it hyper-demanding.

Bryank75

Banned
Yes! it is them who are brain dead, no way it may be you. No way at all. No sir.

OT: This is one of the few things they have showed that I am interested in at the moment. So having it on my PC of choice with the rest of my Souls games will be amazing.
Hey... I have two PS5's pre-ordered. If I flip them I'll have enough for a top of the line PC.
Either way I win. (I'll make sure they don't go cheap)

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
They rehash the last showcase and then throw in all these shitty disclaimers... the only thing in that show were the prices.

GHG

Gold Member
My gut is telling Epic has already bought their way in this exclusive but man if this does come to PC getting a 3080 sounds more tempting than a PS5, at least this year anyway.

I'd rather get it from the EGS than get a PS5 that will sit around doing nothing for ages after I'm done with the game.

That money can go towards a VR headset upgrade and sim racing hardware upgrades and it will be much better spent.

Top Bottom