• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls Remake for PS4 listed on Hungarian Media Markt (Update: Sony denies report)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlepowa

Banned

Could be a mistake, but the picture also shows PS4 and i doubt Media Markt photoshopped it.

Update:
Sony denies the report

GPkKbV9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And there it is.

You don't have two "human errors" in less than a month without something legit happening. Also pretty much affirms it's coming to PC like the first trailer stealth-mentioned.

None of this really takes away from the game being impressive. I just wish Sony were more upfront and transparent about platform support regarding these games instead of trying to obfuscate evidence, simply to play into an idea of "generations" for 1P at launch (or the first year or so, really) that was never really true (it just made a great sting against the flack MS got for being transparent of their cross-gen support, which really seems was scaled WAY back to just Halo Infinite for next year).

"Accidents," like what happened at the end of the trailer don't just magically show up there. It will end up on PC.

Why couldn’t it be an accident? There were many trailers in that show with the same templates and backgrounds. It’s perfectly feasible that someone just put the wrong text there. ”Console exclusive” or whatever it was is very common nowadays.

The game might of course still come to PC eventually, but this trailer mistake doesn’t make that probability much higher than it was in the first place. All I’m saying is don’t get your hopes up because of that trailer mistake!

Alebrije

Not surprised if it comes to PS4 , I mean userbase is huge and surely means more money than PS5 sales. I thinks that will depend how well the game sales in PS5

Last edited:

_Spr_Drnk

Banned
For the amount of 'You Died' I'm gonna be seeing, I'll be saving this until I get my PS5 just for the reduction in loading times.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
If the presence of a low-end console SKU devalues all high-end versions then what does that say about top-of-the-line PC builds? Are they worthless too now because they don't demand SSD's?

This whole line of argument that cross-gen is bad is dumber than a box of rocks.

JimiNutz

Banned
This game was the only reason I was keeping my PS5 pre order.

I guess Destruction All-Stars is the only true PS5 exclusive at launch?

Concern

If this turns out legit (which I think it is). I expect an official announcement maybe in January after everyone has their launch Ps5.

Defrop

Banned
Sony denies the report

GPkKbV9.jpg

GOOGLE TRANSLATE said:
Update

We have now received feedback from Sony Germany. Accordingly, the product entry should be a mistake or wishful thinking on the part of the retailer. Demon's Souls will continue to be released exclusively for the PS5 on November 19th. In the US, among others, the game will be available on November 12th through the earlier PS5 launch.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Why couldn’t it be an accident? There were many trailers in that show with the same templates and backgrounds. It’s perfectly feasible that someone just put the wrong text there. ”Console exclusive” or whatever it was is very common nowadays.

The game might of course still come to PC eventually, but this trailer mistake doesn’t make that probability much higher than it was in the first place. All I’m saying is don’t get your hopes up because of that trailer mistake!

You say this like an intern drew that up that morning and put it out there. That presentation had to have been looked at by dozens, maybe hundreds of different people. It's definitely coming to PC, probably sooner (2021) than later.

Last edited:
And they will continue to for obvious reason. But I feel like there are way too many oopsies for this to be an honest to god mess up.

On the other hand, it would be incredibly shitty to release a PS4 version after denying it so many times. I wouldn't put it past any corporation to do that, but I think they would have been vaguer about it if it was truly coming to PS4.

Concern

Sony denies the report

GPkKbV9.jpg

"Or wishful thinking"

Sounds very professional lol. Of course they'll deny it. They themselves announced it at the end of the trailer then said it was a "mistake". When have we ever seen a mistake like that, in regards to available platforms from the actual publishers/devs of a game?

MiguelItUp

On the other hand, it would be incredibly shitty to release a PS4 version after denying it so many times. I wouldn't put it past any corporation to do that, but I think they would have been vaguer about it if it was truly coming to PS4.
Oh, I wholeheartedly agree! But they could definitely spin it in a way to play in the fan's favor. Yeah, I'm really not sure where to fall on it TBH. All I'm saying is that it's beyond questionable to have so many accidents in a world where things are generally reviewed by more than one person, hell they're generally reviewed by a whole team. So I don't understand how multiple things could just.... happen. Especially of such a severity.

Last edited:
Oh, I wholeheartedly agree! But they could definitely spin it in a way to play in the fan's favor. Yeah, I'm really not sure where to fall on it TBH. All I'm saying is that it's beyond questionable to have so many accidents in a world where things are generally reviewed by more than one person, hell they're generally reviewed by a whole team. So I don't understand how multiple things could just.... happen. Especially of such a severity.
This is during a pandemic. Mistake's are easier to make during these times.

Yeah, this happened too many times to be an accident. I think they at least planned to do it at one point, probably even worked on it. Honestly this game probably started as a PS4 title, but now I'm downright speculating lol.

Andodalf

Banned

In 6 months

*Dusts off PS4 Demon's souls they had sitting in storage*

"Well Guys, It Took a lot of amazing work for our engineers, but we finally got Demon's Souls working on PS4!"

In 6 More months

* Dusts off PC Demon's Souls that was ready for launch but has now sat for a year*

"Well Guys, It Took a lot of amazing work for our engineers, but we finally got Demon's Souls working on PC!"

MiguelItUp

This is during a pandemic. Mistake's are easier to make during these times.
True. But I personally don't see companies and businesses allowing pretty large screw ups an then letting them slide because of covid. One or two small ones? Sure. But there have been some pretty large ones.
Yeah, this happened too many times to be an accident. I think they at least planned to do it at one point, probably even worked on it. Honestly this game probably started as a PS4 title, but now I'm downright speculating lol.
Right?! That's exactly what I'm saying! I agree. Haha, you never know!
In 6 months

*Dusts off PS4 Demon's souls they had sitting in storage*

"Well Guys, It Took a lot of amazing work for our engineers, but we finally got Demon's Souls working on PS4!"

In 6 More months

* Dusts off PC Demon's Souls that was ready for launch but has now sat for a year*

"Well Guys, It Took a lot of amazing work for our engineers, but we finally got Demon's Souls working on PC!"
Haha, exactly! We've seen crazier things happen with ports in the past.

fake, hopefully
You have to be a sad person to actively hope others don't get to enjoy something. Rooting against other playstation fans no less. It's fanboyism to the extreme. Like how fucking pathetic. Even the idea that the ps5 version would be held back by a ps4 version is out the window. You have already bought into what they have shown. Just lol dude.

Azurro

Banned
Fuck man there has to be a PC version at some point right? I really dont wanna pay £350 for one game...
"Accidents," like what happened at the end of the trailer don't just magically show up there. It will end up on PC.
Just announce the pc version you cunts so i don't need to buy the console version for 80 fucking euros...
And there it is.

You don't have two "human errors" in less than a month without something legit happening. Also pretty much affirms it's coming to PC like the first trailer stealth-mentioned.

None of this really takes away from the game being impressive. I just wish Sony were more upfront and transparent about platform support regarding these games instead of trying to obfuscate evidence, simply to play into an idea of "generations" for 1P at launch (or the first year or so, really) that was never really true (it just made a great sting against the flack MS got for being transparent of their cross-gen support, which really seems was scaled WAY back to just Halo Infinite for next year).

The port begging and trolling is too much. Isn't there a policy against this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom