• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls won't let me and my friend play (No, it's not the level cap)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How frustrating.
My buddy bought a PS5 and we wanted to play Demon's Souls together, so I made a character within the 10+10% level cap.
After many network errors (not a single problem with any other game) he managed to summon me.
But the game started sending invaders almost immediately. He quit the game and we tried again. Another invader, he rushed to my friend and oneshotted him.
The we tried again, but he couldn't summon me because every time he went to a level (of every world) the game keeping sending invaders much better equipped than him.
I told him to level up and try again. After some days, at level 30, we tried again, but nothing changed. Every time he tries to enter a world in human form the game send him an invader, like immediately, so he can't even try to summon me. We even tried password, but nothing changed.
After another session he got bored and told me he isn't interested to try anymore, since he just wanted to play with me and have fun in chat.

I love the remake, really love it, but that was such a let down. Do you have some suggestions? Thanks and sorry for the rant.

V4skunk

Banned
How frustrating.
My buddy bought a PS5 and we wanted to play Demon's Souls together, so I made a character within the 10+10% level cap.
After many network errors (not a single problem with any other game) he managed to summon me.
But the game started sending invaders almost immediately. He quit the game and we tried again. Another invader, he rushed to my friend and oneshotted him.
The we tried again, but he couldn't summon me because every time he went to a level (of every world) the game keeping sending invaders much better equipped than him.
I told him to level up and try again. After some days, at level 30, we tried again, but nothing changed. Every time he tries to enter a world in human form the game send him an invader, like immediately, so he can't even try to summon me. We even tried password, but nothing changed.
After another session he got bored and told me he isn't interested to try anymore, since he just wanted to play with me and have fun in chat.

I love the remake, really love it, but that was such a let down. Do you have some suggestions? Thanks and sorry for the rant.
Why are you not killing the invader?

Why are you not killing the invader?
He tried but got killed, since he's still inexperienced. In fact I wanted to guide him during gamplay. But stones to regain the human form are limited so we can't try endlessy if we just want to play together.
Also, the fact that invaders have better weapons that one-two shot him doesn't help either.

Griffon

Yes, summonings are very misleading, Demon's is very much NOT a co-op game.
Its system doesn't want you to play with your noob friend, the game very much wants him to figure things out by himself.

Maybe you'll get one or two occasions to play together later on, but it's not supposed to be easy nor often.

Last edited:
Yes, summonings are very misleading, Demon's is very much NOT a co-op game.
Its system doesn't want you to play with your noob friend, the game very much wants him to figure things out by himself.

Maybe you'll get one or two occasions to play together later on, but it's not supposed to be easy nor often.
Well, it's a stupid thing since he can see tips online and read the best builds on a lot of guides, but it would be just more fun playing the game with a friend. Oh well, we'll need to find another game. I don't have a lot of free time to play with him, so I prefer to not waste even more evenings in the hope of being able to get summoned at all. Also, if you don't have the stone it's impossible to retry quickly.
I still think that there's something off in the system, I think that it sends invaders so quickly due to the new trophy. It is possible?

Keihart

It's not like the game was made for co-op, just like Bloodborne allowing co-op with friends it's an afterthought and purposely convoluted.

skneogaf

I hate that souls games are online nonsense, I hate the messages by unfunny children and blood marks where they die all over.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
I hate that souls games are online nonsense, I hate the messages by unfunny children and blood marks where they die all over.
Can’t you just disconnect from the internet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey go back to the password method but make it as long as you can and add numbers.

Back when I was playing Bloodborne and older souls games I would wait long spans to connect with friends who wanted help, it was very frustrating, sometimes we would give up after waiting a long time.

Somebody said the password was too simple and we should lengthen and add numbers. It wasn't very long even when we did that, I think the limit was 8 characters but going from something like "meow" as a password to "neko1969" immediately led to faster summons and I've never deviated from that method and had no issue, connecting in Dark Souls 3 when it came out after Bloodborne did not have problems using similar long passwords.

So try that. Unless the problem connecting to each other is to do with the PS5 version specifically... I keep hearing PS5 has a lot of problems early on. If that's not the problem, this may help you as much as it did me. Smoothly connecting to your friend should lessen the sting of other obstacles you are facing.

Good luck with invaders! They are strong but overcoming is very rewarding. I'd do you the honour of murdering you both myself, but I can't afford PS5.

Mod of War Mod of War I'm very sorry for bothering you, can you close/cancel the thread? I understood that DS it's meant to be played with strangers and not friends and it discourage to do so, I posted out of delusion and frustration bc I was the one that suggested my friend to buy the game.
I admit that the thread is useless and I should have used OT.
Thank everyone for replying.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Hey go back to the password method but make it as long as you can and add numbers.

Back when I was playing Bloodborne and older souls games I would wait long spans to connect with friends who wanted help, it was very frustrating, sometimes we would give up after waiting a long time.

Somebody said the password was too simple and we should lengthen and add numbers. It wasn't very long even when we did that, I think the limit was 8 characters but going from something like "meow" as a password to "neko1969" immediately led to faster summons and I've never deviated from that method and had no issue, connecting in Dark Souls 3 when it came out after Bloodborne did not have problems using similar long passwords.

So try that. Unless the problem connecting to each other is to do with the PS5 version specifically... I keep hearing PS5 has a lot of problems early on. If that's not the problem, this may help you as much as it did me. Smoothly connecting to your friend should lessen the sting of other obstacles you are facing.

Good luck with invaders! They are strong but overcoming is very rewarding. I'd do you the honour of murdering you both myself, but I can't afford PS5.

Yeah we used password method on Bloodborne.
Your best bet.

Ephemeral Eyes can be bought off Patches for 5000 souls. You can both grind to buy loads
So you will need to get through some of the stages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom