• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Announced

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
At a Tokyo Game Show stage presentation today over at the Dengeki Games booth, Sega and Ascii Media Works announced Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, a 2D fighting game that features characters from numerous Dengeki Bunko light novel franchises that’s currently in the works.

Characters-wise, only two characters were announced today: Sword Art Online’s Asuna, and Shana from Shakugan no Shana.
S1eHdPO.jpg
JRB2J4x.jpg

rcBy0u3.jpg
14wcNJo.jpg

Short video here

Source

Website

Tizoc

I have no idea what Dengeki Bunko is...but I do hope the gameplay is good cuz those character designs are meh.

So this is basically Aquapazza with another set of franchises?

Aquapazza was actually pretty good but it's hard to really get into all of these anime fighters like Melty Blood, Spectral vs Generation, Chaos Code etc. From a layman's perspective, they tend to blend together.

DiGiKerot

So, this is actually a SEGA x Dengeki cross over, right? Because that sure is a Valkyria Chronicles stage at the bottom-left there.

As I said in the anime thread, if this game lets me drop a Railgun into Kirino's face, than I'm all in, though I'm hoping they get at least a little more esoteric than The Usual Suspects in terms of character selection.

DiGiKerot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengeki_Bunko

One of the mangas in that list is s-CRY-ed!

Kazuma & Ryuho in a fighting game? SIGN ME THE FUCK UP!

And this game would be the game that SEGA hinted at a while back I suppose.

s-CRY-ed is really more of a Sunrise thing. You probably need to be looking more at the original novels that're published by Dengeki more than the manga line-up - you're probably looking more at things like Accel World, Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere, Index/Railgun, maybe OreImo or Toradora if they want to get jokey, or Boogiepop and Baccano/Durarara if they want to get a little more esoteric.

Tizoc

So this is basically Aquapazza with another set of franchises?

Aquapazza was actually pretty good but it's hard to really get into all of these anime fighters like Melty Blood, Spectral vs Generation, Chaos Code etc. From a layman's perspective, they tend to blend together.

Chaos Code is actually quite easy to get into, it has a chain combo system, and the meter works similar to KoF 2000/2002.

s-CRY-ed is really more of a Sunrise thing. You probably need to be looking more at the original novels that're published by Dengeki more than the manga line-up - you're probably looking more at things like Accel World, Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere, Index/Railgun, maybe OreImo or Toradora if they want to get jokey, or Boogiepop and Baccano/Durarara if they want to get a little more esoteric.

Don't be all "technical" with me! Let me have my fantasy until SEGA completely destroys it as they do most of the things I love.

This is awesome in case people didn't know dengeki bunko they are publisher of:

Shana, Index, Horizon, hataraku, mahouka, SAO, Accelworld, Toradora, oreimo, Golden Time, strawberry panic, dokuro chan and many more, also
loliball

tauke

This got me interested. My only last exposure to the Dengeki Bunko casts in video game is through Zettai Hero Project.

PsionBolt

I wonder which series will appear... Off the top of my head, Accel World, Horizon, and Index are Dengeki Bunko, I think. They're all fairly popular, and so probably likely. But I mostly think of non-combat things like Oreimo or Toradora... I dunno.

This is a very large list that consists mainly of things that I haven't read. I'm sure some of them must be suitable for a fghting game. I don't know if choosing not-popular franchises is the correct business decision, but it would be interesting. I bought Tatsunoko vs. Capcom without much knowledge of Tatsunoko outside of Gatchaman and Casshern, so who knows.

I wonder which series will appear... Off the top of my head, Accel World, Horizon, and Index are Dengeki Bunko, I think. They're all fairly popular, and so probably likely. But I mostly think of non-combat things like Oreimo or Toradora... I dunno.

japan can make a non combatant as a fighter. beside main heroine from both of that series are violent tsundere one of them even wield a wooden sword:p

Sprites look like they're done in the style used in UNiB. Is soft circle french bread involved, or just some of their art talent?

kewlmyc

Will only care of Baccano or Durarara characters are announced.

It'll probably be filled with Magical Index characters instead though. Ugh.

shaowebb

Dengeki Bunko..?

O_O

Oh God they are the people who did Dokuro-chan. New main if added.
PiPiRu PiRu PiRu PiPiRu Pi

I wonder if any Growlanser will make it into this?

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
This game positively needs Dokuro-chan so that she can bash Kirito's face into Western AAA-worthy gore over and over and over and over and over again. Why not? She was already a playable character in the previous Dengeki Bunko crossover game (as did Taiga):

y5ajy5u.jpg

sleepykyo

This is awesome in case people didn't know dengeki bunko they are publisher of:

Shana, Index, Horizon, hataraku, mahouka, SAO, Accelworld, Toradora, oreimo, Golden Time, strawberry panic, dokuro chan and many more, also
loliball

Kimi and Emi please. Fuck Asuna. Fuck SAO.

Seishin

Any word on who the devs are yet?

The fact that it's a cross project with Sega, and the style of the game itself, makes me think it's probably French Bread or something [that would be amazing], but they should have their hands full...

I also hope it doesn't only consist of heroines - Bunko has some great male characters at their disposal too.

Shengar

Valkyria Chronicles character definitely will appear. I mean, one of that screenshot have that gigantic as arena background.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dokuro-chan with her spiked bat, please!

...oh, & I guess Baccano/Durarara, Ladies Vs. Butlers, Okami-San, Oreimo, S-cry-ed, Spice & Wolf, To Aru Majutsu no Index/Kagaku no Railgun, Toradora, and Ultimate Girls, but aside from that, I'm not asking for much!

& really hope we see some Sega characters in there. Now the question is if it'll come to the US.

Naite

Sprites definitely looks like French Bread's style the most. The 2d on 3d looks pretty bad on the tank stage, but looks ok on the rest. Not having a uniform art style for all the character art kinda bugs me too but not a big deal. I just hope the roster is nothing like Cross of Venus where it's just heroines only and a ton of Kugimiya Rie characters that are all alike.

Top Bottom