• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki hints at possible Demon's Souls 2 announcement?

Haunted

Considering the moderate (read: fantastic for From/Atlus standards) success of the first one, I'd expect an announcement rather sooner than later.

This has tons of potential, all of the game's flaws can be addressed in a sequel, as most of them were just based on bad design decisions.

Because this will be the PSP follow up / spin off and many tears will be shed
oh god no. The first game didn't bomb, no reason to go all Valkyria on us.

Feorax

So its sold well enough to warrant a sequel, but not well enough for anyone to even consider picking it up for a European release?

Bullshit.

eggandI

Banned
I hope you are right. DS is GOTY of the last 4 years for me. Sequel with a bunch more items, couple of gameplay tweaks (un-cheese bow + arrows), new areas/bosses is all I ask :D

vesp

BattleMonkey said:
Watch it be Demons Souls PSP
Yes please. It would be an awesome game to have on the go for little soul grinding sessions and the way multiplayer works would be fairly ideal for the limitations portables have (it's nonessential and doesnt require typing or voicechat)

I'm all for a PS3 sequel as well of course, one of my favorite games of last year.

E-phonk

Banned
that would be a gaming wish coming true.. I don't think any better news could come this generation.
Zelda, DS2 and Last Guardian in the next 12-18 months? I'd be a happy man.

DogWelder

For such a large game that would be a quick turnaround time. Unless it's set in Boletaria again. I rather they create a new setting and take their time.

Baki

duckroll said:
http://ch.dengeki.com/program/dengekigame

In the latest Dengeki Games podcast, there a mention of an unannounced sequel to a game which came out last year, slated to be released in Fall of 2010. The game is said to be challenging and extremely hard, with very "interesting" gameplay systems. Are there any real candidates from Japan from 2009 which would classify as such besides Demon's Souls?

The question is, will Demon Souls ever come to Europe?

Man

esc said:
For such a large game that would be a quick turnaround time. Unless it's set in Boletaria again. I rather they create a new setting and take their time.
Boletaria is a kingdom, it could contain a franchise for decades. From January 2009 they would have 18-20months on them for straight production, plenty of time.

YoungHav

Banned
^^ is that the same girl in your av? If so, got a name?

DS2 will be a day 1 purchase. I hope this is the game getting the sequel.

Please be true. I expect the game to get a sequel but this soon would be great (though I hope the game is at least the size of the original). :D

I'm curious if Sony will decide to take it outside of Japan or if it'll be Atlus or another company.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
I am back to playing this after uncharted 2, batman, dragon age, assassin's creed 2.... It really is that good. The game actually has kept my attention for this long and I highly recommend everyone get this game. It's THAT good.

Owzers

wrowa said:
From Software develops a sequel to their most successful game in years? Really? ;)

Nothing ever seems guaranteed anymore. Seems like developers like putting out handheld games instead of another console game.

Defuser

BobTheFork said:
I'm hoping they don't continue the DS1 story and find another reason for you to be slaying Demons.

It could be!

Old freke is getting obsessed with the dark arts so who knows what things he wll do to revive the souls arts.[/spoil

Shuusui

Not sure if duckroll got it from kotowari.org, but they posted this a few hours ago. I know duckroll isn't the kind to not give credit, though :p

Either way -- exciting news.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
Defuser said:
Old freke is getting obsessed with the dark arts so who knows what things he wll do to revive the souls arts.

Well.... considering that
Freke was the person who wanted you to kill the candle maiden instead of letting her lull the old one back to sleep, I wouldn't be surprised if he plays a large role in the sequel.

Defuser said:
It could be!

Old freke is getting obsessed with the dark arts so who knows what things he wll do to revive the souls arts.
Personally I hope they don't reference any controlled element of the first game. Like characters being alive that you may have killed.
They could mention Ostrava as dead, since whether by your hand or not he ends up dead.

This of course means they couldn't mention
the games ending at all though.

I vote for different "Kingdom" with its own set of demonic problems actually.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Based on history, I could only really seeing it be a direct sequel story-wise if it was a rush project. Typically, this teams' sequels are only connected in theme or some loose mythology (think like Final Fantasy) and not direct plot sequels.

Kyoufu

I hope its not a masochist's wet dream this time. Like, how about a real co-op mode and not wait-to-get-invaded-at-entrance mode.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Shuusui said:
Not sure if duckroll got it from kotowari.org, but they posted this a few hours ago. I know duckroll isn't the kind to not give credit, though :p

Either way -- exciting news.

err, presumably duckroll got it from the latest dengeki games podcast, which is your source's source and the source that duckroll himself linked in the original post? :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I will cry. So much. Please let it be true.

MrPliskin

Banned
BobTheFork said:
I'm hoping they don't continue the DS1 story and find another reason for you to be slaying Demons.

Hell, I wouldn't be upset if the game took place in a completely different universe all together, sharing a similar theme (rather, tone) with some new online elements.

I just want to see them avoid any kind of futuristic setting at all.

Maybe they could move into something like Norse Mythology, Greek, Roman, something like that. Not necessarily based on it, but with similar tones, architecture, armor / weapons / technology. I think it could be interesting.

So what do you think, GAF? You think Sony would publish Demon's Souls 2 in America after the cult success and pretty consistent sales Atlus has managed to get out of the first one?

Gorgon

FUCK YEAH!
I still have to finnish the first one though :lol

I hope they include the "Library" level that was cut out from the first one. Always fancied that level. Oh, and there's the land of the Giants (the broken archstone, remember?)

Cool shit.

[Nintex]

Are there any real candidates from Japan from 2009 which would classify as such besides Demon's Souls?
Little King's Story!

They'll announce the sequel and then Marvelous will declare bankruptcy a day later so they can come out and say: "Look what you've done :("

jiggles

Banned
Cat in the Hat said:

2d1jrrt.jpg

Top Bottom