• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dengeki hints at possible Demon's Souls 2 announcement?

Baki

SolidSnakex said:
Nothing happened to it. Dengeki only said that the game is in development and would be released later this year. They didn't mention when it would be announced.

What a tease. :(

alba

Little is the new Big
Fuck yes, I'll be importing the asian version just like I did with the first one if that happens.. We know them to announce it ASAP :D

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
If they fix the ridiculous ragdolls of enemies, I'm in. If not, I'm still in. But I rather would have the ragdolls not fly around like they have no weight.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I like the crazy ragdolls, it only added to Demon's Souls unique charm. After defeating some of the tougher enemies I like to do a "victory dance" by running back and forth on their body while their corpse spazes out.

klee123

SolidSnakex said:
Nothing happened to it. Dengeki only said that the game is in development and would be released later this year. They didn't mention when it would be announced.

Let's just hope the game they've hinted at is actually demon's souls 2. It would be a huge cop out if it turns out to be something else.

Snuggler said:
I like the crazy ragdolls, it only added to Demon's Souls unique charm. After defeating some of the tougher enemies I like to do a "victory dance" by running back and forth on their body while their corpse spazes out.

sometimes if you roll right, they catch in your ankles and get flung over your head into the air.. take that skeletons!

probably is true. i mean with how EU is now finally getting DS. i can see they announce it around the same time it's released :lol.

I really want to see this happen; I really want to see this fucking happen. Oh and really glad to hear EU is finally getting DS. Sony really needs to hold on tight to this IP...

Slavik81

Part of what made this game great was learning it. By the end, I knew how the game worked and the wonder was gone. It was still great, but it wasn't as awe inspiring.

If they can recapture that wonder, I'm down with a sequel. But if they make the same game again, it won't be the same experience again.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I never managed to get my mind around the whole while/black tendencies thing so that's really the main thing I'd love to see addressed in the sequel (make it less obscure).

Can't wait for it.

Grooski

Banned
I'd love to see a higher difficulty. Nothing screamed old school gaming to me than getting killed by a boss and then running to forums to scream for help. This is why downing each boss was sweet and felt like an accomplishment. Sort of like SotC

I'd like to see a more refined world tendency system too, but I would love to see a randomised loot drop as well a la Borderlands/Diablo.

Zzoram

If Demon's Souls 2 has:

more unique bosses (especially huge ones)
better loot and inventory UI
global server instead of regional (there's no voice chat so why not?)

it'll be easily worth my $60.

bandresen said:
If they fix the ridiculous ragdolls of enemies, I'm in. If not, I'm still in. But I rather would have the ragdolls not fly around like they have no weight.
IMO they should just dissipate like when you kill an NPC.

My personal dreams for a sequel:
-Have World Tendency impact weather/atmosphere
-Have New Game + and beyond adjust the difficulty based on the level you go in rather than by a set % for each NG+
-Library/Land of Giants/Area Outside Nexus :D

Though the game could be more of the same with new areas and it wouldn't bother me much really. :lol

Zzoram

Snuggler said:

I always love spasming ragdolls that you can kick around and get stuck to you in games. I always find it hilarious.

Top Bottom