• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Denmark debuts new children's TV show about a man with a huge and uncontrollable penis

brap

Banned
Denmark what's goin on there, bud?

(CNN) Denmark's flagship broadcaster has suffered blowback over its newest children's TV program, "John Dillermand" -- an animation starring a man with a penis so massive and flexible it can save children from danger, fetch objects from a river and operate as a pogo stick.
The show, whose 13 episodes are available to watch on the DR network's website, follows its titular character as he navigates an array of unexpected scenarios caused by his inexplicably huge genitalia.
In episode one, for instance, the mustached Dillermand uses his gigantic, stripey organ as a lead for his dog -- but quickly finds himself inundated with requests from his neighbors to take their pets out for a walk, too. At another point in the show, he is stuck floating in mid-air after balloons are tied to his groin.
In another episode, he breaks a friend's vase with his penis and must raise money to pay them back, and in a third, he uses it to steal an ice cream at the zoo. The show's opening montage also shows him using his genitals to keep a lion away from a group of children.
The show was generally met with hilarity in Denmark and across the internet, with many praising it as an appropriate and light-hearted way to teach children about the human anatomy.
But some took issue with the main character's central trait. Danish politician Morten Messerschmidt, a member of the right-wing Danish People's Party, said children should not be forced to watch a cartoon depiction of an adult man's groin.
And a handful of parents have taken to the Facebook page of DR's children's network, urging them to remove the program.
A spokesperson for DR told CNN that most of those who criticized the program did so "without even (having) seen the show, because it wasn't released yet."
"Now the great majority here in Denmark are ... making fun of the few critics instead," Sarah Cecilie added. "Hundreds of thousands is supporting 'John Dillermand' now."
"In Denmark it is now a huge success, and the children are watching it in big numbers," she said, telling CNN that 200,000 people have viewed the first episode.
In the network's online description of the show, they state that while Dillermand's genitals get him into embarrassing situations, it can be used for good once he embraces that he is different.
DR is Denmark's oldest and most well-known broadcaster, and was a founding member of the European Broadcasting Union. The network is funded by the taxpayer, making it the Danish equivalent of the BBC or PBS.

nush

Gold Member
I'd watch that.

SJM-L-MUSKPOT-0308.jpg

Amiga

Denmark already adding the letter P to the alphabet.

Rillania

Gold Member
https://www.vulture.com/2021/01/whats-john-dillermand-the-danish-show-about-a-giant-penis.html
Alas for poor Dillermand, at every turn, his penis gets in the way. It snakes through the hedges, where his neighbor nearly trims it with a pair of clippers. It grabs an ice-cream cone and then drops the ice cream on top of a traffic light, causing the light to short-circuit and snarl up traffic. In one alarming scene, Dillermand goes hunting, and his extraordinarily long member grabs a gun and waves it around the forest.
It’s also a story of hope. John’s penis saves children from drowning!

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

"Man, 2020 was a crazy year"
2021: "Hold my beer!"

Woo-Fu

Banned
If your society doesn't have taboos when it comes to seeing various body parts this probably isn't as crazy as it seems. Is that the case in Denmark?

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Hide yo wife.

--

I grew up in Japan and they had a popular cartoon on TV called Crayon Shinchan where the kid draws an elephant's face on his penis. Looking back that seems crazy now how no one batted an eye on it.
They dubbed some of that in america. Even where he showed his peepee. Different times.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, I'm sure they will still be celebrating when 10 year old Johnny shows his little Johnny to Susan at school.

"But, my mommy and daddy said it was ok!"

Jethalal

Banned
Shin-Chan, was an anime they used to show over here. The show was wild, the kid used to call his mum a wretched old witch and in one episode he took off his pants and drew two dots on his testicles and then started waggling his penis, and then asked his friends how does his 'elephant's trunk' look like. It was subsequently taken off and then a censored version started to come on-air.

Tschumi

Hey, @Tschumi , you're from Japan right, is Shin-Chan meant for kids, that show was very very wild or is that kind of humor normal over there?
I can only say that he doesn't do that dick sketching shit anymore lol, he's still around though.. not from Japan, just live here, but yeah I'm familiar with the show.. my favourite Japanese kid's show character is gegege kintaro.. the undead kid with one eye and an animated eyeball with legs on his shoulder who is actually his father.. not enough penis for this thread though

tenor.gif

The weirdest kids cartoon character atm is probably the oshiri detective, oshiri meaning "caboose" or "tuschie" , his head is a butt, and he catches criminals by farting from his mouth...

giphy.webp

Last edited by a moderator:

borborygmus

I can only say that he doesn't do that dick sketching shit anymore lol, he's still around though.. not from Japan, just live here, but yeah I'm familiar with the show.. my favourite Japanese kid's show character is gegege kintaro.. the undead kid with one eye and an animated eyeball with legs on his shoulder who is actually his father.. not enough penis for this thread though

tenor.gif

The weirdest kids cartoon character atm is probably the oshiri detective, oshiri meaning "caboose" or "tuschie" , his head is a butt, and he catches criminals by farting from his mouth...

giphy.webp
And people still ask "why don't aliens make contact with us?"

Alx

It's definitely weird, but it's the kind of thing that will only look bad to the eyes of an adult and not those of a child. We automatically relate the penis to sexuality, for kids it's just "that thing I pee with". So it's just another innocuous joke, could have been a magic butt, magic nose or magic ears instead of a magic penis.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
It's definitely weird, but it's the kind of thing that will only look bad to the eyes of an adult and not those of a child. We automatically relate the penis to sexuality, for kids it's just "that thing I pee with". So it's just another innocuous joke, could have been a magic butt, magic nose or magic ears instead of a magic penis.

huge, uncontrollable, magic penis

Ar¢tos

It doesn't look like a penis,ut looks like a rope, there are no testicles either. It's basically man with rope between his legs.
Is the location of the rope the problem?
Would people prefer the rope to come out of an eye socket?
So much commotion for basically nothing.

Top Bottom