• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Denuvo fails: Mafia Definitive Edition, Death Stranding & More have been cracked

Thirty7ven

Banned
Again.

Most people pirating games are broke as fuck and/or kids.

Most pirating comes from russia, parts of asia, south america and africa.

It's fine to dislike rich assholes who don't buy games, but that's a small minority of people pirating.

I know a lot of people with high end PCs. They will spend a lot of money on the build, the damn keyboard, the fucking mouse, even buy a Oculus Rift and then will pirate the fuck out of games. Not saying everyone does it, I'm being very specific that those who do this are fucking assholes.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
As someone who doesn't play games much anymore (I'll get a Series X in 2021 though), my days on PC gaming were never big but ended maybe 10 years ago after I had enough of random maps HoMM 3. I wouldn't consider me finding free flash games the same thing.

BUT, I actually bought a game on GOG on the weekend! My first digital purchase on PC ever! About $8! I could have tried finding cracked copies, but I paid.

And it was Talisman Origins. lol. Great game. I played the board game for the first time (we quit as it took too long and the kids take forever to do their move), so I did some research and found out there's a SP version of the game that's a touch different than the regular version.

Maybe I'll get back into PC gaming. I game on a laptop though, so I won't be playing anything great on it. But games like Talisman run super fine on it as the spec requirements are ancient.

I was thinking of grabbing old ass games lie Warlords 1, 2 or 3 too. Maybe next time.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Thx for clarifying things and helping me to understand what I (and other) are saying wrong
There's a lot to pirating and cracking things that

A) First and foremost break the rules of the forum
B) Would take entirely too long to explain
C) Would lose so much in condensing it down that it would be useless to explain
D) If you want to learn, go do some Google searches and find what you're wrong about

I'm not here to baby sit and teach you why you're ignorant

Take as much effort as you did on your OP and apply that to getting into the cracking/pirating scene and you'll be fine holmes; just know that it's a very very different place than this goody two shoes of a forum, and you'll get slammed to shit with comments amounting to "You didn't make it easy for me," up to being banned from communities

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
There's a lot to pirating and cracking things that

A) First and foremost break the rules of the forum
B) Would take entirely too long to explain
C) Would lose so much in condensing it down that it would be useless to explain
D) If you want to learn, go do some Google searches and find what you're wrong about

I'm not here to baby sit and teach you why you're ignorant

Take as much effort as you did on your OP and apply that to getting into the cracking/pirating scene and you'll be fine holmes; just know that it's a very very different place than this goody two shoes of a forum, and you'll get slammed to shit with comments amounting to "You didn't make it easy for me," up to being banned from communities

We are on a gaming forum and this tread is not here to explain how Denuvo work (and only few people can in the case of Denuvo), or how cracking work. Of course there is over simplification in the OP, but this tread is just here for an informative support.
You probably know a lot, and I'm not an expert but I know some stuff, and I honestly dont give a damn about what the cracking/pirating scene is thinking.
If someone made a mistake or make a false statement, I prefer to help and say what is not true or wrong instead of saying ''you don't know what you talking about, go learn by yourself"
And if that tread broke any rules, it would have been taken out I believe.

spons

Gold Member
I'm not pirating these games but DRM can go fuck itself. All these arbitrary limitations forced on consumers while not helping at all against piracy. DRM is an industry comparable with fabric softener. Only boomers and higher-ups think there's any use to this shit. Let it die.
And unplayable since July, when talking about RDR2 on my Epic account :-/
Congrats, you can finally play the game you've paid for now that it's cracked.

Last edited:

HE1NZ

Banned
Ahaha, RDR2 got cracked.

emHq1lF.png

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Denuvo is malware.

Has there ever been an instance where these root-kit level protection measures have been hijacked for nefarious purposes?

Honestly, I've always considered the threat posed to be hugely exaggerated. Whereas hacked executables are a far more effective means to spread keyloggers, trojans and whatnot.

If you don't want to deal with piracy and anti-piracy measures then get a console. Cos this whack-a-mole is an industry in itself and is going nowhere.

Bogey

Banned
While I'm not exactly a big fan of pirating, I'm always intrigued by the technical finesse of systems like Denuvo.

Have there been any recent discussions around how this thing works?

Last time I read, it seemed almost like a carbon copy of VMProtect, potentially with a bit more bells and whistles around obfuscation and anti-debugging.

However, from what I understand, VMProtect isn't exactly a new concept, and more or less well understood these days. And decoding elaborate obfuscation & circumventing anti-debugging techniques is something that is routinely done for pretty much every modern online game cheat/hack. What I'm saying is: Nothing I've read about Denuvo so far seems particularly new or insurmountable, so I'm still struggling to understand why it appears to be such a massive technical hurdle to overcome. I'm happy for the devs who hopefully avoid some illegal downloads, but I'm still very curious about the technical reason for this.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Read Dead Redemption 2 and Handball still sitting pretty uncracked.
I just wanted to say you fucking tit, when EMPRESS entered the game with that announcement you should have known the slaughter to come was beyond your imagining.

You may think there are things EMPRESS and CPY are incapable of.
There are not.

Get PHUCKED Rockstar!

giphy.gif

This is terrifying.

rofif

Banned
lol I just want that last modern warfare. Not paying 90 for just single player... if they sold it separately for like 30

ZZZZ

WTF, i was so wrong lol.
Never expected Empress to go after RDR2, holy shit, looks like someone new helped bypass the online check.

Top Bottom