• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DESIGN FROM KAZ'S ASS: PS4 leaked via teaser promo E3 2013

farisr

Why the fake comment exactly ? Isn't there some unseen infamous footage ? and the whole actors with shaped reflection in their eyes doesn't seem easy to do by random youtube people i guess..

It's pretty damn easy. And no, all the footage of infamous in this trailer was from the reveal trailer. You probably just don't remember it.

The007JiM

It would be really nice if the led matchs with the colour of the Dualshock 4.

I believe is fake, basically because the trailer shows only the system and no dualshock4, no move, no eye, etc

Playstation 4 Tron Edition confirmed.

1oksv3.gif

7ukxji.gif

41sb8x.gif

5b6yfy.gif

219zab.gif

3a8y2o.gif

65ulu0.gif

kodt

Banned
Ok so if it turns out to be real how about everyone who says it is fake has to buy one for someone who said it is real (and are not allowed to buy one for themselves) and vice versa.

Why the fake comment exactly ? Isn't there some unseen infamous footage ? and the whole actors with shaped reflection in their eyes doesn't seem easy to do by random youtube people i guess..

Youtube generation. For some reason they love to call things fake even when they're proved wrong over and over again.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
I'm going to bring this up one more time, because fucking up well-established brand standards is always your best bet to determine whether something is fake or not.

This is a total fuck up. Sony doesn't use an "X" in their icons. They use an "✕". The square isn't a square, it's a rectangle.

Also, it's out of order. This is from the PS4 teaser.

And this is Sony's trademark of its symbols with the USPTO.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah, probably fake, but is it really wise to assume so based just on the CD thing? Sony said the PS4 won't play audio CDs, not that it won't read CDs period. PS1 games are on actual CDs (rather than some proprietary format à la Nintendo), right? Maybe it still plays those.

They showed one game, and yes all of the footage shown was from the Playstation Meeting in February, and it used a promo photo for the dualshock 4 and eye that was totally out of place and even kept the all white background.

Fake.

Nobody wants an obnoxious bright LED strip lighting up a dark room.

Also this...CE designers are very aware of how their devices look under a TV or in an entertainment system. The last thing they want is for it to be obnoxious in low light. Hence why you never see a CE device that uses LED like that.

Someone put entirely too much effort into that if it's fake. The console doesn't look quite realistic enough for me to be convinced...

This is the second video on this guy's account...you'd be surprised what people will do for hits.

I am shocked people are actually falling for this.

Ok so if it turns out to be real how about everyone who says it is fake has to buy one for someone who said it is real (and are not allowed to buy one for themselves) and vice versa.

Sure.

Or we can do an avatar bet. Yeah I like that a lot more.

orioto

Good Art™
It's pretty damn easy. And no, all the footage of infamous in this trailer was from the reveal trailer. You probably just don't remember it.

Yeah i don't remember the shot with the thing fired on a guy on the ground.
But ok guys if it's fake then^^

Seems rather professionally done at least.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah the strip light would in fact be neat since it would almost for sure be something they let you customize the intensity and the color of. I've seen this on some of Ford's cars, it can look very nice.

I'm going to bring this up one more time, because fucking up well-established brand standards is always your best bet to determine whether something is fake or not.

This is a total fuck up. Sony doesn't use an "X" in their icons. They use an "✕". The square isn't a square, it's a rectangle.

Another nail in the coffin.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So there's now:

Wrong reflections
Sony logo is wrong proportions
Cd support
Wrong arrangement of the playstation buttons

But no, it's real, amiright

Cidd

Well there you have it, don't need anymore proof than this.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

8164447595_e6d321801b.jpg

Alright, now I believe that it's fake.

I do like that strip of light around the front of it looks cool, just have an option to turn it off is all. We will know the truth soon.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony

Well, if it's a video for an internal presentation, something like this wouldn't be a big deal.

Also, good point RoadHazard. The logo used for CD is not the CD audio logo.

Geek

Ninny Prancer

Yep, not the same thing and doesn't refute that Sony has an established way of displaying its trademarked symbols.

Well, if it's a video for an internal presentation, something like this wouldn't be a big deal.

Also, good point RoadHazard. The logo used for CD is not the CD audio logo.

Sticking to brand standards is probably the easiest thing for someone internally to remember. And if it's an external advertising agency like BBH putting a presentation together for Sony, you better fucking believe they're gonna nail it every single time.

This is the kind of thing a fan/amateur — who's more concerned with rendering a slick fake box and obscuring the fact that they have created very little new — wouldn't think enough about.

Eusis

That would have the most insane chilling effect on speech that isn't actually controversial at all.

Yeah, this looks pretty fake to me, looks more like an oversized Roku with fake USB slots.

Mung

That's solid evidence of big ass fakery.. well spotted

Alienous

I'm honestly wondering why so many people seem to be critical of the idea of a light bar across the console. I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet, tbh.

You could have download progress displayed that way.
Or have a strobe of light across the console for loading.
It could flash when a new controller is connected, in that controllers assigned colour.

I mean, this is probably going to be a $450 box. They could at least fancy it up with some LEDs.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
If it's not fake then apparently Sony has hired a bad designer who messes around with 3D in his spare time to design PS4.

Top Bottom