• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DESIGN FROM KAZ'S ASS: PS4 leaked via teaser promo E3 2013

RoadHazard

Gold Member
There was an interview with a Sony exec (Andrew House?) where it was clarified that while the PS4 would not play back audio CDs, it is capable of reading CDs. I suspect it'll just automatically rip audio CDs when inserted if anything.

Well, there you go, then the CD (not CDDA) logo being on there isn't proof that this is fake at all. Still most likely is, of course, but yeah.

GYNGA

8164447595_e6d321801b.jpg
This icon was made by Japanese so you should read from right to left

I hope it's fake because I don't like that strip of light on the console. Ever watched a movie in a dark room? A big strip of light is too distracting.

Yeah, I'm that petty.

Fake but wish it was real.

Other then the led that is a great design and exactly what I wanted. Get rid of the terrible rounded top think that they have had going on for years, and the even worse overhang side that has been going on since ps2. Just a simple symmetrical box that looks good on my tv stand.

Too bad it is fake since the real one will probably have all those things that I hate.

Woorloog

Banned
Whether or not it is real, it looks good.
Also, if it isn't real, the real PS4 will be really ugly.
If it is real, the actual product won't look as good for some reason.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Jinko

This icon was made by Japanese so you should read from left to right

I think you mean right to left .. or is up and down .. or back to front ?

If this is fake I hope Sony see it and change their design, we already know its guna look bad.

I don't know. The "Sony" lettering seems to big. Too much light. The design seems like something anyone can easily make with a 3D program. I honestly don't find it really exciting.

Edit: There seems to be even more wrong with it as others have pointed out. Clearly a fake.

Midou

Of course it's fake. I'll never understand how easy you can fool certain people. The hardware design is atrocious. Yet some people find it very sleek. :lol

Love the concept with the shapes reflected in the eyes though.

It's impossible to know what it would look like in person as it's clearly a CGI render whether it was real or fake (and would not be the first commercial to use one).

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Did we ever have a thread for people posting pics of what they think the PS4 will look like or what they want it to look like?

JaseMath

There's a good chance this is fake regardless of the quality. As it's so close to graduation season, this could easily be a final media project.

Kyoufu

#TeamCG

Looks like a lot of effort for something fan-made. I'm gonna go ahead with real.

Looks fucking fantastic btw, even if fake.

Castcoder

Banned
The lack of copyright info about the "PS logo" and the "PS family" makes me suspect this is fake. Normally it would be written in the scene where the PS4, PSN, and Sony logos are.

Mononoke

Banned
Of course it's fake. I'll never understand how easy you can fool certain people. The hardware design is atrocious. Yet some people find it very sleek. :lol

Love the concept with the shapes reflected in the eyes though.

Funny, because I see just as often people dismissing leaked info as being fake because a company would NEVER do something like it. Then the company does it.

Domino792

another possible point to the fake category the i believe the USB's in the PS4 are supposed to be USB 3.0 we saw them in the controller prototype leak. USB 3.0 slots are blue not black.

usb3pic1.jpg

def sim

another possible point to the fake category the i believe the USB's in the PS4 are supposed to be USB 3.0 we saw them in the controller prototype leak. USB 3.0 slots are blue not black. ]

It's true the 3.0 ports are usually blue, but there is no requirement for it to be so.

Protome

Really well made "reveal" video, but probably fake.
I really doubt the console is going to look like a cheap router, why do so many fake console designs seem to start with "So I'll take my router and..."

Top Bottom