• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Designer Keiichiro Toyama hinting at a new SIREN on twitter?

Yamibito

So Keiichiro Toyama has been tweeting a whole bunch of old pictures from tgs 2003, all of which involve Siren in some way - but the thing is, he's been using the hashtag #SIREN2013. It might seem a little soon after Gravity Rush/Daze last year, but is it possible we'll see a new Siren for PS4/3/Vita at TGS this year?

Goddamn I hope so, absolutely loved Blood Curse.

https://twitter.com/K_Toyama

(Wasn't entirely sure if this was thread worthy but I didn't wanna bump anything and I thought the very few fans of the series at least ought to know).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Setting my expectations super low so I don't overhype myself.

Siren BC for Vita!

minty_jpg

I'm totally for this.

Not that I got through the first game. So damn scary...but now that I'm older...just kidding, still can't beat Amnesia, but I'll buy this.

So Keiichiro Toyama has been tweeting a whole bunch of old pictures from tgs 2003, all of which involve Siren in some way - but the thing is, he's been using the hashtag #SIREN2013. It might seem a little soon after Gravity Rush/Daze last year, but is it possible we'll see a new Siren for PS4/3/Vita at TGS this year?

Goddamn I hope so, absolutely loved Blood Curse.

https://twitter.com/K_Toyama

(Wasn't entirely sure if this was thread worthy but I didn't wanna bump anything and I thought the very few fans of the series at least ought to know).

That man is a genius.

Jesus-Camp-Dino.gif

Yamibito

It's the first game's 10th anniversary, so it's probably because of that. Don't get your hopes up.

Well, when it was revealed that he was the designer of Gravity Rush he said for the Siren fans not to worry or something along those lines, so I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to expect a new title in the series some point soon.

Remaster or Vita port seems in the realm of possibility then.

We can only hope! But I don't think it's going to be teased with the director posting old debug and promotional pictures on Twitter :p

Well, when it was revealed that he was the designer of Gravity Rush he said for the Siren fans not to worry or something along those lines, so I don't think it's entirely unreasonable to expect a new title in the series some point soon.

I've been waiting on one since the day i've played Blood Curse and they indicted a fan contest to draw the most horrifying Yamibito. The winner would have been featured in the next game... that never came ( ;_;)

Slime

Banned
So is the second one really crap? I keep hoping they'll put the European localization up on the North American store or something. I liked the first one and was kind of pissed they never brought over the sequel, but I don't think I've ever actually heard anything good about it.

therapist

zomg.

Blood curse was the most underrated horror game of the last gen imo.

Super creepy , controls were a bit wonky , but a fantastic game.

Vita or Ps3 or Ps4 new siren - I REALLY HOPE SO

Edit ; Slime - i never got the play the 2nd either , but i heard it was actually really good

Awww, I'd hope he was working on GR2. New Siren is good too, I guess. Blood Curse was freaking scary. Only played up to the Hospital part.

Endesu

So is the second one really crap? I keep hoping they'll put the European localization up on the North American store or something. I liked the first one and was kind of pissed they never brought over the sequel, but I don't think I've ever actually heard anything good about it.

I've heard it's supposed to be the best one, actually. The original game didn't do terribly well critically or sales-wise, which probably killed any chances the sequel had of coming over.

Nemic77

Wow. Yes please!

I'd even be happy with an HD remaster of the PS2 games. The atmosphere still holds up amazingly well.

Yamibito

It's personally my favourite one, it's not as hard as the original but retains the incredibly oppressive atmosphere. It's completely bizarre that it never came out in the US.

Takao

Banned
I'd imagine he's just celebrating 10 years. Gravity Rush was the game he always wanted to make, and it's clear the first isn't everything.

I hope it's Free 2 Play or exclusively released for ios devices! =D

Because Sony is well known for releasing games in existing series like this.

Replicant

Do I want to get stressed out and have my heart beating so hard like I'm about to get heart attack again?

Fuck YES!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Hopefully he is working on Siren for PS4, that will be great.

Someone else in SCE Japan Studio can make a floating moe sequel for Vita owners (if there is a demand), but the master of horror games need to make horror games.

I would love to see a new Siren if true, preferably on Vita or PS4.

Just make it a LOT easier then Siren on PS2. That game was so hard I couldn't past the second level (which was still in tutorial mode) without a walkthrough. Everything else about the game was cool, except the difficulty.

If they make the sequel more like Blood Curse then that's definitely great.

I love the Siren games and Gravity Daze, the sooner we get new games for both franchises the better. Also I will love if the do something more with Gravity Daze, maybe an anime or manga, love the characters and the universe.

Bu-bu-but I want GRAVITY RUSH 2 :(

If his next game is not on Vita, I will cry even more.

I'm pretty sure that he's working on GR2

“Congratulations! Looking forward to a sequel,” said one fan.

“Thank you! I’ll do my best on the sequel” responded Toyama.

Another fan, to clarify, asked if that meant a sequel was in development. Toyama responded, “It’s a secret.”

http://gematsu.com/2012/09/keiichiro-toyama-teasing-gravity-rush-sequel

But I guess we'll find out for sure next month since I figure that whatever he's working on will be revealed then.

dugdug

Banned
I'm pretty sure Blood Curse is the only game to never get a damn price cut on PSN. Always wanted to try it, but, $40 always felt just too much. Hope this turns out to be legit, though.

Top Bottom