• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Desperate times call for desperate measures

First I wanna say thanks to China for doing such a good job with containing the virus.
Fuck you China

So, my country is in isolation for 30 days. The only thing working are essential jobs, grocery stores, pharmacies and bakeries.
I've had some tooth ache over the past 2 days. Today I woke up and my god damn gum has swollen pretty bad. I could feel the puss was making pressure.
Normally, I'd go to the dentist and get this shit resolved in a civilized way but thanks to some Chinese dude who ate some bad bat meat, dentists don't work anymore because they're not essential.
So, maybe this would resolve on it's own or maybe not. So I had to resort to desperate measures. I took a needle, washed it with alcohol, burned it and I used that needle to puncture the swollen gum. By doing that all the puss is drained, and I feel much better now. Such a relief. I washed my mouth with some 70 percent alcohol and rinsed it with water. So until a dental shop opens up, I solved the problem.

So, how bout you, due to this Corona shit and isolation, have you resorted to some desperate measures like this?

Which country? Belarus? Moldova?
Croatia.

You can usually go to a regular emergency room to get a dental abscess like that drained. I'd recommend you go find a doctor and tell them what you did, and get a prescription for a short course of antibiotics. Don't die, dude.
I did a good job on the sterilization and I doused my mouth with alcohol. I checked through out the day to see if the gum is getting dark so that I don't get sepsis, it's all good.
And some stray dog bit me half a year ago, so I have been treated with tetanus shot. Also good on that front.

Last edited:

Stouffers

Banned
Some dentists are still seeing emergency cases. Sounds like an abscess, buddy. You don’t want to lose a portion of your gum.
Never mind, it might not lead to gum necrosis.

Real potential issues if left untreated:

An acute abscess of an upper tooth can cause cheek swelling and, untreated, lead to a brain abscess or a sinus infection. If bacteria spread from an abscess in a lower tooth, the swelling can constrict the airway. Some patients underestimate how serious the condition can be.

I don't want corona AIDS

giphy.gif

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Yes.

Be glad you don't live in a country where you can go to jail for just driving your car. A land where people take deals 95% of the time because the system is against them.

NWTnkHP.png

Top Bottom