• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Despite strong sales, Days Gone Steam numbers half those of Horizon Zero Dawn

I don't want to start anything but I think it's odd that Xbox Game Studios releases on Steam sell so much more than high profile PS4 ports.
Multiplayer vs single player. Not many wanna pay full price for a few hours of gameplay vs hundreds of hours or more, for the same price. It's a no brainer, unless you aren't a social person/have no friends.

Little Chicken

Gold Member
Multiplayer vs single player. Not many wanna pay full price for a few hours of gameplay vs hundreds of hours or more, for the same price. It's a no brainer, unless you aren't a social person/have no friends.
Yeah true, especially in the case of Sea of Thieves, but then you have games like Ori, FH4 and Flight Sim which are listed as having up to 5 million owners according to Steam Spy.

Perhaps these titles just resonate more with PC-centric audiences.

FrozenFlame

You are telling me the sales numbers are drastically different for a game released 9 days ago? You are having a laugh.
The wrong answer is "Yes because logically not everyone plays at the same time". The right answer is "Oh, ok, you're trolling. No one can be this dumb. Continue."

I don't want to start anything but I think it's odd that Xbox Game Studios releases on Steam sell so much more than high profile PS4 ports.
Is it really that surprising that more PC gamers would pick a game from an established, well-known series like Halo, Forza or Age Of Empires over an entirely new IP with no history to speak of on PC?

Yeah true, especially in the case of Sea of Thieves, but then you have games like Ori, FH4 and Flight Sim which are listed as having up to 5 million owners according to Steam Spy.

Perhaps these titles just resonate more with PC-centric audiences.
Spot on. Cause your right, even their single player games sell like fucking crazy on steam, even though they are "free" on gamepass. That shows they are doing something right at least.

I might play through Ori again. One of my favorite 2D games EVER

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

I got the platinum for both games on PS4 Pro, replaying both on PC with improvements across the board and the support of the modding community has made them feel like a fresh experience all over again. I hope Sony keeps porting some of their first party games to PC if this trend continues.

Top Bottom