• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2.0 Update Xbox One Download issues

SaganIsGOAT

I've never seen this happen before now so I figured I'd see if others were having the same problem. Basically my download for the 2.0 update kicked off and hit 2%. Once at 2% I noticed the tile said "Queued", so I resumed installation. I've been doing this repeatedly for the past hour with no success. The download keeps cycling between Queued and 2%. I have restarted my Xbox, hard reset, cleared alternate Mac Address etc to no avail. My network stats showed I downloaded over 600mb between 11 and 12, and only 80mb between 12 and 1. I have no clue what's happening.

Derpcrawler

Probably Microsoft CDN got hit hard where you live or something wrong with your ISP DNS. I've downloaded 18gb pretty fast, took me less than 15 mins. But then again, I am in Asia and MSFT probably has a lot of CDN bandwidth to spare here.

MrBenchmark

It super slow I have a 105Mbps connection all wired gigabit network I've never had anything download so slow.

And I have to do this on 2 Xbox ones 2 360's a PS3 and PS4

I've never seen this happen before now so I figured I'd see if others were having the same problem. Basically my download for the 2.0 update kicked off and hit 2%. Once at 2% I noticed the tile said "Queued", so I resumed installation. I've been doing this repeatedly for the past hour with no success. The download keeps cycling between Queued and 2%. I have restarted my Xbox, hard reset, cleared alternate Mac Address etc to no avail. My network stats showed I downloaded over 600mb between 11 and 12, and only 80mb between 12 and 1. I have no clue what's happening.

I'd physically power down your xbox, and reboot your modem and/or router before plugging your xbox back in.

See if something was hung up on that end.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Seems par for the course for Xbox Live. I love the system, but download speeds are atrocious, even on my 60MB/sec internet. I've had the queue, update, queue, update thing happen last week when trying to download updates for Rare Replay. Took all night to finish.

MrBenchmark

Seems par for the course for Xbox Live. I love the system, but download speeds are atrocious, even on my 60MB/sec internet. I've had the queue, update, queue, update thing happen last week when trying to download updates for Rare Replay. Took all night to finish.
It isn't just live in trying to DL it on my playstations too and it's chugging ps4 is moving some but PS3 was useless it's just a ton of people trying to download it I just put all my systems to rest mode and will check back later tonight

Guys...

Its traffic congestion

Every time you guys make a topic like this its always the same

Haha yeah, I think the source of this issue is fairly obvious. There's a shit ton of people downloading the update. I also had to update my Xbox today (not sure if that's limited to the preview program), so that doesn't exactly help the situation.

Mine got to 2% and said that it was ready. I booted up the game and its been "transferring content" for twenty minutes, sitting at 57% now

Wizman23

Banned
Bungie better put up vanilla TKK without the useless 20 extra dollars of junk before next Tuesday to avoid this. As of now all you can pre order/ pre load is the collectors edition

Bry0

Bungie better put up vanilla TKK without the useless 20 extra dollars of junk before next Tuesday to avoid this. As of now all you can pre order/ pre load is the collectors edition

It has been up for awhile. I bought it a few days ago.
TTK only, 39.99

Troy

Banned
Finished on my 15meg connection in two hours (PS4).

It's been up for months. And the stuff we're downloading today is next Tuesday's release. There's not going to be another huge download.

jtar86

You have to search for it in add ons. They left it out of the coming soon section for some reason. I kinda seems like they are hoping people want know about the 40 dollar option and just get the more expensive version but I could just be looking too much into it.

Falchion

It was one of the stupid updates where I had to actually launch the game for it to trigger so I'm just now starting it...........

ZOONAMI

Shit is downloading at like 100kb/s on my ps4. So lame.

I had assumed this would be taken care of when i got home because my ps4 was in rest mode, but nope.

Snwaters

I had the same problem. I switched my DNS settings from automatic to what is apparently Goggle's DNS. Went from 44% in about 4 hours to about 92% in less than an hour.

Don't know if it'll work for you guys, but that's what I did.

I managed to download it in about 2 hours from when the patch went up, xbox one in the uk here.I think I just got lucky by cracking it on as soon as it went live, it really started to slow down in the last half hour. Same as usual, psn and xbox live speeds never match my actual internet bandwidth. It is what it is, sucks for people sitting waiting to play, but I'm not sure it's an exceptional circumstance. I honestly don't think I ever get the full potential of my internet through my x1 or ps4, would sure like that to be a benefit of lvie and psn subs and so on.

In my games & apps what is the total size of Destiny after the patch? mine still sitting at 25GB and I got the new stuff, UI, updated tower...etc. thought this was like an 18gb update?

Top Bottom