• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Beta |OT| Garry's Mod

What's the best class?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Get all the power weapons to that level. It'll make them feel so satisfying

Definitely!

Rockets from 1->2
Leave Fusion - it's perfect.
Maybe give shotgun 1 more shell.
Snipers seem OK (I don't snipe, so maybe they're not?)
Buff Grenade Launcher with blast zone x2

= My optimal power weapon setup for D2 release :D

Just ran a strike where a guy finished with 10 total kills and was generally just standing around doing nothing. They need a boot option so that shit doesn't happen.
I'm one of the people who jumped into the beta strike and went off to explore since I can't go into one solo. Limited time! Lots of areas to try and glitch or Warlock super jump into!

xinek

Has anyone played a Hunter? I keep having trouble getting the dodge to work. Is there a way to get it to fire consistently?

Hey yall. So I had deleted the beta cause I thought it ended last night only to discover it had been extended. So I reinstalled, and this time I was at my PS4 and saw all this amazing art during the install screen. I captured my favorite pictures at 4k on my PS4 Pro then cropped out the concept art and downscaled/cropped to 1080p. This art is just amazing.

35976926262_2e0a5de040_o.png

36144355295_a452b57e0b_o.png

35753514200_f0b2b44ecd_o.png

Here's the rest. https://flic.kr/s/aHsm1hQR6V

Power issues aside, gunslinger is boring as fuck. It's a no effort subclass with zero creativity. A good example of what Bungie could do is void warlock. Their devour skill group seems interesting and fun. You're eating your grenades to trigger health regen on kills which cools down your grenade and extend the effect. That's interesting and seems fun. Good job, Bungie. The choice between more and less golden gun shots is not interesting or fun. They completely phoned it in on gunslinger. Bad job, Bungie.

If you're going to remove class customization, at least put s modicum of effort into designing the classes.

In all honesty, Gunslinger Hunter in D1 didn't have creative utility like what you're suggesting regardless of "customization." And what customization was there is still available in D2 in the form of Armor Mods (Resilience, Health Regen, Mobility) or in other parts of the tree (Jump style and Grenade type).

Way of the Outlaw path (which is the one in the beta) gives some group utility with Chains of Woe, allowing precision shots to grant increased reload speed to everyone in the group (as opposed to D1 where it just applied to the Hunter using it).

Way of the Sharpshooter though has the more creative cohesion. Knife Juggler giving precision knife skills seemingly unlimited ability refresh as long as you can chain them, Practice Makes Perfect causing all Precision hits to lower the CD of GG, Crowd Pleaser allowing GG shots to crit AND generate Orbs without having to kill the target, and Line Em Up increasing damage on crit and extending GG's duration.

So assuming Bungie has addressed the low damage dealt across the board in PvE... Outlaw GG shots should be able to 1 shot (in the streamable link earlier in the thread each shot does 1113 damage which is just a hair short of killing the mobs). That would make Outlaw good for clearing packs of mobs (6 GG shots + faster reloads for the whole group).

Sharpshooter looks to be great for Bosses and Yellow bars and rewarding especially accurate players in general.

I'd still like to see a class-wide support utility of some kind though.

Remember in D1 when they buffed super damage in PVE across the board? Remember how happy everyone was? Supers need to feel at that level minimum, but I just don't see it happening.

I've never had a huge problem with Supers not feeling powerful enough personally. Granted 6 shot GG needs to be addressed and hopefully is in newer builds. But I'm just not the type of player who thinks it's fun to steamroll everything easily. Others may be, and that's fine. But it's just not what I associate with fun.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hey yall. So I had deleted the beta cause I thought it ended last night only to discover it had been extended. So I reinstalled, and this time I was at my PS4 and saw all this amazing art during the install screen. I captured my favorite pictures at 4k on my PS4 Pro then cropped out the concept art and downscaled/cropped to 1080p. This art is just amazing.

These are awesome. Thanks!

I feel like an idiot.. how do I download the open beta if I didn't preorder? I only see stuff about redeeming the code you get from preordering.

EDIT: looks like it got delisted from PSN

GreyWind

35753514200_f0b2b44ecd_o.png

:O Europa?

Thank you for the concepts

jmartoine

I didn't even look at the background to see which planet was there. I've been wanting an ice planet since I first saw this D1 concept art. Just gimme Bungie!

destiny_europa-t2.jpg

Jblanks

That wouldn't be Europa if Saturn is in the background. Enceladus perhaps?

I remember last summer when the Kotaku leaks came out about D2, and there was supposed to be a lot of it surrounding Saturn and its moons; I said I was hoping for Europa in the game, and Jason from Kotaku said he believed the re-designed Europa as Hyperion - a Saturn moon. Obviously, a lot from those leaks isn't true, but that stuff could possibly be DLC.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=218344391&postcount=389

GlamFM

Banned

A lot of it made it into the game - maybe all of it?

Would be very exciting.

I recognize at least 5 locations.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

wow thanks for sharing! they are amazing.

Ohh that's some pretty art. I want to explore all of that.

Tei

Neo Member
Maybe 6vs6 pvp will be limited to the raid. Like.. you get in a big arena, and theres 6 tanks, one for each player, and you fight fallen spiders that are controlled by other 6 players. If they win, they get "tokens" they can use in the raid to get better loot. If they fail, you ca pass to the next stage of the raid.

Maybe 6vs6 pvp will be limited to the raid. Like.. you get in a big arena, and theres 6 tanks, one for each player, and you fight fallen spiders that are controlled by other 6 players. If they win, they get "tokens" they can use in the raid to get better loot. If they fail, you ca pass to the next stage of the raid.

That sounds awful.

breakfuss

I'm surprised more of you aren't mentioning that this straight up does not work on PS4 Pro. Locks it up everytime I've attempted to complete the story mission. Luckily I have an Xbox but it's still really aggravating since I have it preordered on PS4. How is this fucking possible on the more powerful hardware?

Others have reported the issue on the Bungie forums:

HI there,
Thank you for your report!
As you mentioned there is an issue with the Russian localization features causing the Destiny 2 Beta client to crash on PlayStation 4 consoles. However, we are also tracking and investigating player reports of client crashes that do not appear to be caused by this.
Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for status updates on all of our ongoing investigations that are impacting the Destiny 2 Beta.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/229269966?sort=0&page=0

Makikou

I'm surprised more of you aren't mentioning that this straight up does not work on PS4 Pro. Locks it up everytime I've attempted to complete the story mission. Luckily I have an Xbox but it's still really aggravating since I have it preordered on PS4. How is this fucking possible on the more powerful hardware?

Because it worked just fine on my PS4 Pro.

Kyoufu

Dunno. I had no issues.

Kyoufu

Ugggh. I wonder why only some are affected. I've toggled off a bunch of things (boost, deep color etc). Nothing works. Hopefully it's sorted before launch. I wonder if it depends on when you got a Pro. Mine is from the first batch.

Mine is first batch as well. Try rebuilding database to see if that helps?

breakfuss

Mine is first batch as well. Try rebuilding database to see if that helps?

I have already, didn't work. I'm not trying my luck anymore because it keeps shutting the console completely down.

Anyone know how I can download this on Xbox? Don't tell me I have to pre-order it there as well. I'm not seeing the beta listed in the store.

I have already, didn't work. I'm not trying my luck anymore because it keeps shutting the console completely down.

Anyone know how I can download this on Xbox? Don't tell me I have to pre-order it there as well. I'm not seeing the beta listed in the store.

They removed the beta from the listings on sunday. Only people who downloaded it by sunday can play.

Pro owner here. Not a single error or lock up and I played like 20-30 hours of the Beta.

Anyone have a download link for the PS4 open beta? I can't find it anywhere. Did they extend the beta but take down the download?

Edit: nm, they took it down apparently

Zakalwe

Banned
Definitely!

Rockets from 1->2
Leave Fusion - it's perfect.
Maybe give shotgun 1 more shell.
Snipers seem OK (I don't snipe, so maybe they're not?)
Buff Grenade Launcher with blast zone x2

= My optimal power weapon setup for D2 release :D

Snipers are snipers. I was against the idea of them being in the PW slot at first, but now it feels like a great change. Same with shotguns which were always too OP with certain stats and. Both seem to fit in to the PW slot quite well.

If you manage to get the heavy ammo you need to play really intelligently to maximise your heavy ammo use. Carrying a loaded sniper or shotgun in D2 makes gameplay really tense.

FR seems fine, too.

The actual HW weapons are too weak now, probably in an effort to make the new additions feel powerful relatively, which seems completely unnecessary when the balance is in the ammo count.

Bringing Rockets and Grenades up in power would still be fine imo.

Tawpgun

Snipers are snipers. I was against the idea of them being in the PW slot at first, but now it feels like a great change. Same with shotguns which were always too OP with certain stats and. Both seem to fit in to the PW slot quite well.

If you manage to get the heavy ammo you need to play really intelligently to maximise your heavy ammo use. Carrying a loaded sniper or shotgun in D2 makes gameplay really tense.

FR seems fine, too.

The actual HW weapons are too weak now, probably in an effort to make the new additions feel powerful relatively, which seems completely unnecessary when the balance is in the ammo count.

Bringing Rockets and Grenades up in power would still be fine imo.

It's similar to Halo too. You finally got the power weapon, but if you didn't use it right you could lose it or waste it. One change I would like though, is if you kill someone with a Heavy, they drop an ammo brick with whatever ammo they have left.

I wonder how they'll balance controller with mouse and keyboard on PC. After playing the beta I think I'd rather play with my elite controller than mouse and keyboard (yea, yea I know i'm dumb). If the recoil patterns are different on PC I hope they'll have a settings switch for the controller where it reverts to console settings.

I'm honestly torn at this point though. I could play with friends on PS4, but much of my time will be spent in PvP and I can't stand the 30fps aspect, even after playing a good 20 hours of the beta. But I also don't like WASD for movement at all. You've put me in a pickle, Bungie.

Zakalwe

Banned
It's similar to Halo too. You finally got the power weapon, but if you didn't use it right you could lose it or waste it. One change I would like though, is if you kill someone with a Heavy, they drop an ammo brick with whatever ammo they have left.

Yeh exactly, D2 is giving me quite a few Halo vibes and this is one of the reasons. I also like how HW ammo is staggered, which creates very halo like moments of map control.

I think dropping the brick would be a great addition, to the current balance of the game at least.

I wonder how they'll balance controller with mouse and keyboard on PC. After playing the beta I think I'd rather play with my elite controller than mouse and keyboard (yea, yea I know i'm dumb). If the recoil patterns are different on PC I hope they'll have a settings switch for the controller where it reverts to console settings.

I'm honestly torn at this point though. I could play with friends on PS4, but much of my time will be spent in PvP and I can't stand the 30fps aspect, even after playing a good 20 hours of the beta. But I also don't like WASD for movement at all. You've put me in a pickle, Bungie.

Tried controller and mouse set up? Or even a wiimote and mouse? It would work really well for D2 considering the low amount of inputs needed for minute to minute gameplay.

It's quite good if you can get used to it.

JackHerer

This would be a good change and is something I was looking for because I remember in D1 they had this. Was unsure why they removed it, especially now that only one person can get ammo from it.

Zakalwe

Banned
This would be a good change and is something I was looking for because I remember in D1 they had this. Was unsure why they removed it, especially now that only one person can get ammo from it.

They removed it to reduce the spam I think, but now that's been designed out of D2 pvp (for the moment at least) it seems like they left it in without really thinking....

FinKL

Is it me, or are Overshields significantly weaker and health regen significantly slower?

Like I Titan punched someone w/ Sentinel, got the Overshield, and lost it in like 1 minotaur aoe that wasn't a direct hit.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that controller use on PC would mimic the console aim-assist/feel/recoil 1 for 1, as opposed to just controlling the adapted PC KB+M movement with the controller.

I'm in your boat too though, I think D2 feels like a controller FPS also.

Zakalwe

Banned
Is it me, or are Overshields significantly weaker and health regen significantly slower?

Like I Titan punched someone w/ Sentinel, got the Overshield, and lost it in like 1 minotaur aoe that wasn't a direct hit.

I thought Force Barrier actually felt more tanky... I used it a few times in the strike during heavy mob numbers and it felt hardier than D1 to me.

Regen definitely seems slower, but then we don't have decent perks yet...

Part of it may be the base armor given to beta players is specced for mobility not health regeneration.

MidEvlDed

Just ran a strike where a guy finished with 10 total kills and was generally just standing around doing nothing. They need a boot option so that shit doesn't happen.

I'm not in favor of having a boot option. The strikes are doable with only 2 people contributing. And allowing people to vote to boot a player is just asking for people to be jerks. I don't need two clowns booting me for no reason right before the end of a strike so I don't get any rewards. I'd be in favor of an auto-boot for inactivity if a player is just standing there afk.

Strike in the Beta also soes not let anyone else join if someone leaves. Me and a random finished it just the 2 after the 3rd random quit/crashed at the arena before the giant terraformer

I was actually put into strikes that were more than half way done multiple times so it did allow other players to join part way through. It was just random whether it would do it or not.

It worked on mine and all my friends. This is the first I've heard of it. Sucks though.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Gotta say the beta grew on me. Find myself keeping going back into the strike. Picked up some cool weapons and armor. Also much better at PvP now with this BR type elemental I got.

Lasty95

Just watched a Moreconsole video which pointed out that next to a stack of Sparrows in the Farm there were a bunch of these...

maxresdefault.jpg

New vehicle?

Some sort of flying drone thiing?

Just Farm furniture?

Nowhere obvious for a pilot I guess.

GhaleonEB

If it's oriented with the front facing the left, then the "no step" tags are covers for the handlebars, and the big round thing on the back is the engine of sorts.

I'm guessing it's just decor, but that's how it might be a usable (if weird) vehicle.

Top Bottom