• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 CE and LE revealed

im_dany

150€ difference for this:
Destiny 2 - Frontier Bag
Customizable bag that can be worn as a backpack or messenger bag
15" Laptop/Tablet Sleeve with protective pocket slip
Frontier Kit, featuring:
Solar panel USB charger with built-in light
Paracord
Solar blanket

Seems too much. If it was 150€ total for everything it would've almost been fine, but as much as I love Destiny I can't like that bag. I think I'll go for the retail LE, it'll look fine next to the first one's LE.

Beegeous

Have only read OP but the CE looks like shit. I'm going with the LE and I'm fine with not paying an extra £140 for a horrific looking bag.

How much content was in Expansion 1 & 2 of Destiny? Was it worth the money?

I'd argue that they weren't particularly great value from a content perspective. However the QoL changes and general improvements that rolled out alongside them made huge differences to the game. While these were technically seperate, D1 was one of those games were there was little fun to be had if you skipped expansions, particularly over time where you started getting locked out of certain content or playlists.

My post sounds negative, but I have fond memories of the expansions.

Hahs

im just being real that's all

whoever designed that hasn't a clue about subtle design. another poster noted how it looks like some 12th graders arts and crafts project gone awry and i concur.

no way that bag should be worth so much

its just plain activision greed.

and sheep have gobbled it up regardless
...on the other hand if it all was free - shit would be beautiful

duhmetree

There's lore behind the bag.... It's not meant for the causal gamer... It's targeting the die-hard Destiny fan...

Born in the City, Hawthorne left as a teen to seek a life of freedom in the wilderness outside the safety of our walls. She has survived for years outside of Guardians’ protection, and has come to learn her true purpose: To provide shelter to humanity by helping them not only survive, but lead a better way of life. This is a frontier bag, as worn by Hawthorne. In it, you will find tools and a place to store the valuable equipment you uncover on your own adventures.

ZeoVGM

Banned
How much content was in Expansion 1 & 2 of Destiny? Was it worth the money?

Mixed. Expansion 1 (The Dark Below) is considered to be pretty terrible. The new "campaign" was an absolute joke and the Raid felt like a big step back compared to Vault of Glass.

Expansion 2 (House of Wolves) is something I stand by being a very solid $20 purchase. The changes to the game really helped bring Destiny out of its vanilla funk

The problem is that putting them together as a $40 or whatever "expansion pass" and then having the first one be something that shouldn't have been more than a $10 "add-on" pack and certainly not labeled as an "expansion" was a terrible decision.

ZeoVGM

Banned
There's lore behind the bag.... It's not meant for the causal gamer... It's targeting the die-hard Destiny fan...

That's actually interesting. I wonder if Hawthorne is a new NPC we meet that helps the Guardians after they escape The Last City, perhaps where the new social area is?

Clunker

Wow, up to $100 bucks now for the game + pass? Since the first 2 expansions of the OG game were pretty shit, I think I'll pass. I'd MAYBE consider it with the GCU discount, but you done went and made it GS exclusive.

Hope the moneyhat was good ATVI, cause you done played yourself.
There's still going to be the regular $60 and the regular $30 expansion pass for the first two DLC, same as original Destiny. I think they're just not available for preorder yet. The extra 10 bones for the LE includes some preorder LE-style items, but don't get them if you don't want them. I'm also just going to wait.

Whether the DLC looks like it will be worth anything is another question entirely ... just like whether the game itself will be worth a day 1 purchase. I thought House of Wolves was a decent buy for $20, but I waited on Dark Below until a rare DLC sale; in retrospect the $30 for an expansion pass would have been a better buy for me, so I'm going to go ahead and buy the pass upfront this time.

It's a gamble, like virtually any season-pass style DLC purchase is, but there's also nothing stopping you from waiting. You could argue it's a sign of Bungie/Activision hubris, but it's almost literally the same structure they used for Destiny 1 - just without a questionable-looking bag for a whopping $250 CE.

Carl

I really liked having Destiny 1 digital. The amount of hours I played it made it really convenient to not have to get up and change discs. So I wanna get 2 digitally... But also I kind of want a physical game and the goodies this time, since I missed out with 1

Soooo I might get the physical £90 edition and then digital standard as well.

netguy503

There's still going to be the regular $60 and the regular $30 expansion pass for the first two DLC, same as original Destiny. I think they're just not available for preorder yet. The extra 10 bones for the LE includes some preorder LE-style items, but don't get them if you don't want them. I'm also just going to wait.

Whether the DLC looks like it will be worth anything is another question entirely ... just like whether the game itself will be worth a day 1 purchase. I thought House of Wolves was a decent buy for $20, but I waited on Dark Below until a rare DLC sale; in retrospect the $30 for an expansion pass would have been a better buy for me, so I'm going to go ahead and buy the pass upfront this time.

It's a gamble, like virtually any season-pass style DLC purchase is, but there's also nothing stopping you from waiting. You could argue it's a sign of Bungie/Activision hubris, but it's almost literally the same structure they used for Destiny 1 - just without a questionable-looking bag for a whopping $250 CE.

The expansion pass is $35 this time
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/destiny...download-add-on/1000007901.p?skuId=1000007901

Clunker

Huh. That's weird, because the other Destiny thread with the general launch info says ...

Destiny 2 is currently Rating Pending (RP) by the ESRB and will be available at a suggested retail price of $59.99. The product line-up will also feature the Destiny 2 - Game + Expansion Pass Bundle at $89.99 SRP, the Destiny 2 - Digital Deluxe Edition featuring premium digital content at $99.99 SRP, the Limited Edition at $99.99 SRP, and the Collector's Edition, featuring a fully-wearable Destiny 2 - Frontier Bag, Expansion Pass, premium digital content and a Cabal-themed Collector's Box for $249.99 SRP.

Fake edit: Oh, it's only $90 for the prepurchaae bundle; the pass is probably $35 if you buy it standalone after the fact. This is also how Destiny 1 worked, and I'd completely forgotten. It's 5 bucks cheaper if you're willing to buy along with the game. I bought vanilla D1 and then bought DLC separately.

Regardless, the pricing scheme is the same as D1, but thanks for the clarification. :)

netguy503

Huh. That's weird, because the other Destiny thread with the general launch info says ...

Fake edit: Oh, it's only $90 for the prepurchaae bundle; the pass is probably $35 if you buy it standalone after the fact. This is also how Destiny 1 worked, and I'd completely forgotten. It's 5 bucks cheaper if you're willing to buy along with the game. I bought vanilla D1 and then bought DLC separately.

Regardless, the pricing scheme is the same as D1, but thanks for the clarification. :)

Well, I aint gonna buy it that way bc I have a $30 RZ Cert and GCU at Best Buy so my price for the game plus expansions is going to be the same price lamestop wants me to pay for just the game.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I think I know why I like the look of the bag. It reminds me of the Neuroghast armor that I used a lot during Year 2.

Neuroghast1.png

Really wanted to use GCU for this but I'm weak...preordered the LE from GS, pretty much paying an extra $20 for the 3 digital premium things, fancy box and Cayde 6 lol

I just want the Cayde figure and the expansions included. Do I need to buy the LE for that?

Yes, and the figure and LE is GS only. Though it seems like they'll give the figure to anyone who preorders regardless of edition at GS

Jacknapes

Ouch. It's the same at GAME in the UK, i went for the edition with game and Expansion pass and a few digital extras.

The JT

Neo Member
Ouch 100 for the LE. If the expansion pack is only gonna be 35, I'll just get the game at BB. I'll wait and see if the DLC packs are worth picking up.

Falchion

That bag is too wild to use anywhere I feel like. On the other hand, I love the old Mirror's Edge bag they made.

hY7b9hK.jpg

Draft

That bag is perfect for holding the video game strategy guides I bring to work and read while eating lunch.

Did the collector's edition ever go live on Amazon? It's not showing up as an option.

I don't believe so. It was an option when the pre-orders first went live but wasn't available to pre-order. Since then, they've given each CE their own page and this morning I can't find the listings at all via search.

Stupid question, but has anyone asked Bungie via Twitter or something why the LE is Gamestop only and if it will be forever only Gamestop?

netguy503

Heads up, Best Buy is now giving $10 in RZ Certs to everyone who buys from them (You don't have to have GCU, but if you do you get $13 or the $50 discount if you go with the CE off and the certs):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/gaming-...D=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-gzEJB6ZHCIWTJXI9AnDuQw

So I previously told you I was getting this for $30 through RZ certs and CCU discounts, looks like that just went down to $20 (haha, I got a $2 in there for Destiny 2). I'm way ok dropping $20 now with no game play reveal so far for BETA access and a game. This game has to be worth $20, right?

Glad I didn't go with gamestop or amazon now. Just like always, I would of lost money going to gamestop- a store that is supposed to be for gamers and "power to the player" (lol).

Anyways, didn't see this posted in this thread yet so just passing along the good news. :)

Wedzi

Banned
How limited were those Cayde-6 figures at Gamestop for preordering? Was thinking of heading down to Gamestop after class but I'll just hold off if the figures are already gone.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
How limited were those Cayde-6 figures at Gamestop for preordering? Was thinking of heading down to Gamestop after class but I'll just hold off if the figures are already gone.

Well. I caved since I want that 100 buck edition so I went. Put 10 down and got it. Guy before me put 5 and got it. They're giving them to all preorders.

Wedzi

Banned
Well. I caved since I want that 100 buck edition so I went. Put 10 down and got it. Guy before me put 5 and got it. They're giving them to all preorders.

Thanks man. I also want that $100 edition so I might as well go. God damn it hurry up 1:20!

Probably verifying the quantity they'll have. They have struggled with CEs lately and it sounds like it has cost them a bit of money.

So they're already giving out the Cayde statues? If I ordered my LE online. Can I go in and get it? Also is there a way to switch my order to in store pickup? I usually prefer to do it that way.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
So they're already giving out the Cayde statues? If I ordered my LE online. Can I go in and get it? Also is there a way to switch my order to in store pickup? I usually prefer to do it that way.

Yup. Got mine today along with another guy there. He's about as tall as a one a day vitamin bottle. Very sturdy built too. Don't think there is a way to switch from online to store. You'd probably have to cancel the online. They're also giving away the code to enter on Bungie.net to get registered for the Beta on the receipts. Got that entered on Bungie.net and am set to go.

Yup. Got mine today along with another guy there. He's about as tall as a one a day vitamin bottle. Very sturdy built too. Don't think there is a way to switch from online to store. You'd probably have to cancel the online. They're also giving away the code to enter on Bungie.net to get registered for the Beta on the receipts. Got that entered on Bungie.net and am set to go.

GameStop is spending an absurd amount of money on these and the exclusivity? Deal for the LE etc. It seems silly to me they just instead wouldn't use that kind of money to be competitive in terms of pricing. But hey. I'm getting me a statue. Plus I want to see if just maybe they can move it to in store pickup.

I'm not sure how that's not an option when purchasing from a modern store either.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I wish they'd done a nice leather bound Destiny grimoire book in the Collector's Edition. Or maybe a hardcover comic representing the Book of Sorrows... geez, just anything except that ugly pointless bag. It'd take a whole lot to convince me not to drop money on a Destiny 2 Collector's Edition, but they found a way.

Part of me wanted to go digital with this but I needed the steelbook for this one to go along with the one I have for the first game. Very excited to play this in September!

Went into my local GameStop and they still had a dozen of LE copies available on each system. I grabbed the PC edition and PS4 edition just $5 down. Still haven't decided which system I'm going with yet. Need to cancel my online order now.

Also anyone have any luck ordering the collectors edition in store at Best Buy with the SKU?

Slime

Banned
I wish they'd done a nice leather bound Destiny grimoire book in the Collector's Edition. Or maybe a hardcover comic representing the Book of Sorrows... geez, just anything except that ugly pointless bag. It'd take a whole lot to convince me not to drop money on a Destiny 2 Collector's Edition, but they found a way.

A fancy book with all the lore from the Destiny 1 grimoire cards would be amazing.

There was so much Halo tie-in material, I'm actually surprised there wasn't more stuff like novels and comic books to offset the lack of story in the game. Wonder if they'll push that type of thing for Destiny 2.

Top Bottom