• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 CE and LE revealed

That Cayde figure looks really cool.

It really surprised me with how well made it is, I want to get more of them. I just feel odd, pre ordering a bunch of copies of Destiny from Gamestop I don't plan to buy.

32921454444_f050b90707_h.jpg

For those who weren't aware, Bigshot Toyworks' is making this Cayde-6 and another figure--Lord Saladin with wolves.

Code:
[IMG]http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/juin_destiny_lord_saladin_and_his_wolfpack.jpg[/IMG]

It's been up for pre-order at GameStop and ThinkGeek since the D2 pre-order launch.

For $35, you can pre-order a 10 inch Saladin by McFarlane Toys.

sPElUNH.jpg

It doesn't release until Fall, though.

I don't want a giant figure. I want another one like Cayde, good size and looks good perched on my PS4. Problem is, I'm not paying $20 for it. They've already established by giving it as a pre-order that charging that much is rediculous.

ZeoVGM

Banned
My personal history with McFarlane toys is that they always look nice. Then I get them and they fall apart. Like, literally.

And I needed to cut down on collecting that kind of stuff like the 6" Marvel Legends figures so I've moved onto the cheaper/fun looking stuff like Funko toys.

... Which they announced will have a Destiny line this year and I can't wait. Their Overwatch line is awesome.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Showing off LE goods and we haven't seen a second of gameplay...

I just want to see what they're doing with Destiny 2!!

Sigh why am I trying to order this on a foreign site right now.
I really hope I can snag one off amazon US

Bestbuy went from coming soon to sold out, and I never knew they went live

Showing off LE goods and we haven't seen a second of gameplay...

I just want to see what they're doing with Destiny 2!!

I can somewhat wave it off in this case as it being a sequel and the release being rather close. At least there's a sort of baseline on what to expect despite there not being gameplay out there.

Still not something I want to see continue. $250 and exclusive editions with no information available on the product itself is quite arrogant.

Edit: ^Problem is that gameplay is over a month out from pre-orders going live for likely limited stock and pricey editions. Not to mention Season Pass already laid out in a fashion. Again, all before any information on the game itself is out. I'm in because of my enjoyment of the first, but I have no illusions about how much that is against my best interest on the consumer end of things.

atpbx

For $35, you can pre-order a 10 inch Saladin by McFarlane Toys.

sPElUNH.jpg

It doesn't release until Fall, though.

And I can't buy any of the Destiny figures because of stupid shop exclusivity and living in the U.K.

G.G yet again Bungie!

Can we talk about how McFarlane decided to make a full sized model Gjallarhorn and decided to choose this shitty version?

Just why?
Get outta town, the Iron Gjally is majestic as fuck. I'm sweating bullets trying to resist buying this thing.

The original white/gold Gjally is a lot more iconic though and I agree it would have made more sense to make a model of that one.

Vimes

I can't get over the fact that the collective is clowning on the bag, but is all over that shitty bobble head looking Cayde figure.

You can't stop me using the bag in public if amazon would just bloody well go live already.

EzzOmen

Neo Member
Probably going to get Limited Edition, don't really care about anything physical, i just played enough Destiny 1 to know the Season Pass/Game combo will be worth it.

Midas

I just want a physical LE with a code. I don't want to use a disc for a game like Destiny, but I have the previous LE's and don't want to double dip here. Maybe I can sell the disc and the expansion pack codes though.

123rl

Preordered the limited edition from Amazon and got my beta code right away. I'm switching from the Xbox to PS4 this time. I'm tired of playing in a ghost town compared to the thriving PS4 community

Midas

Preordered the limited edition from Amazon and got my beta code right away. I'm switching from the Xbox to PS4 this time. I'm tired of playing in a ghost town compared to the thriving PS4 community

What! I want a code I can't do anything with yet, as well. :lol

I can't get over the fact that the collective is clowning on the bag, but is all over that shitty bobble head looking Cayde figure.

You can't stop me using the bag in public if amazon would just bloody well go live already.
Well the figure will go in your mancave/battle station/shelf but if you want to use the bag, people will have to *gasp* see it.

Amazon is getting fucking ridiculous. How do you have a $900 share price and operate like a mom and pop when it comes to big releases. Biggest retailer in the world can't put up for sale 2500 collector editions.

a harpy

My personal history with McFarlane toys is that they always look nice. Then I get them and they fall apart. Like, literally.

And I needed to cut down on collecting that kind of stuff like the 6" Marvel Legends figures so I've moved onto the cheaper/fun looking stuff like Funko toys.

... Which they announced will have a Destiny line this year and I can't wait. Their Overwatch line is awesome.

They are cheap, for sure. They really are McFarlane toys. I think they're perfectly placed on a shelf with other cheap stuff like pop vinyls or those blizzard figures that can barely stand up on their own. $35 for a 10" inch figure is too good to be true. But still, a cheap $35 figure can look good on a shelf. A $20 giant Heroclix Saladin is gonna be a waste of money forever, as even the guy that specifically wants it as a small desk ornament has pointed out. Amiibos are higher quality than this Cayde-6 figure (not that I'm knocking it as a free pre-order bonus. I was stoked to get it.)

Apt101

I'm struggling on whether or not I want to get it for my PS4 Pro, or PC. M&KB sound damn attractive. But I kind of want some of the special items.

I suppose I'll let my friends decide, just follow them.

Lee

Someone on Reddit was told by Amazon that the CEs will go up on the 9th. Grain of salt and all that.

http://imgur.com/ggxipZQ

It really surprised me with how well made it is, I want to get more of them. I just feel odd, pre ordering a bunch of copies of Destiny from Gamestop I don't plan to buy.

I grabbed two. Considered getting more, but felt odd about it as well. I don't mind 'abusing' Gamestop or whatever, but I don't want to take them away from other people who want a shot at getting one.

They're effectively free, so it's basically the bowl of candy left on the front porch on Halloween.

Top Bottom