• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 DLC #1 Detailed by Xbox Store

Cruxist

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/destiny-2-expansion-i-curse-of-osiris/c4s6htbkv5hq

Destiny 2 Expansion I: Curse of Osiris continues your Guardian's journey with all-new story missions and adventures set in a new destination, Mercury. Journey through time and space to learn the secrets of Osiris, avert a dark future, and rebuild the ties between the legendary Warlock and his greatest student - Ikora Rey.

Features:
- Explore Mercury and its mysterious "Infinite Forest"
- New story missions and adventures
- New themed weapons, armor, and gear to earn
- New cooperative activities
- New competitive multiplayer arenas
- And more...

Press Sneak Fuck was correct again. His post from a week ago: http://kotaku.com/sources-destiny-2s-first-dlc-will-star-osiris-add-a-n-1798630605

flkraven

After you play it once the missions are consumed and you have to rebuy it to play it again. Consumable mission design. So brave.

Foxxsoxx

At least these small DLCs are adding in new areas unlike D1. Curious if Mercury will be as big as the other zones, if so that's actually a much better deal than D1.

I'm guessing this is the content that the other studios have been working on. Curious to see if this will have the same number of maps and strikes as the D1 expansion pass DLCs had.

Scrawnton

It's amazing how much content they can make for this DLC compared to how long it took to make actual Destiny 2. They must really be busting their butts over the next three months with all of this brand new content.

/s I can't believe they're pulling the same nonsense AGAIN.

Foxxsoxx

Dear god. And how many of those we might have in the first year? 3? 4? And will there be an expansion at fall 2018?

This is a insanely expansive game to love.

The season pass covers 2 paid DLCs. D1 had 2 smaller DLCs then Taken King as a much bigger expansion so likely like that with sprinkled in free DLCs.

Hell yes, all on board for a fifth area, even if it's DLC. I've been spending a lot of time with D2 this week and I haven't even seen all of the EDZ, much less the other three. I'm so glad they did this one right!

TDB was rushed as hell, COO has been being worked on with December as a target for a while now. They want the DLCs to be bigger and better than they were in year 1. They're shipping a new destination, which wasn't something we saw until a year after D1's launch.

FINALY 4 years after a SINGLE mp map on mercury (and more later) we'll have SP content on the most beautiful skybox they ever did.

MP-Talk-Screen-Shot-2015-05-22-11.55-AM.png

GhaleonEB

Looking forward to this one, for several reasons.

Coming in at the same price as The Dark Below and having a patrol zone is a pretty massive upgrade from D1.

It's amazing how much content they can make for this DLC compared to how long it took to make actual Destiny 2. They must really be busting their butts over the next three months with all of this brand new content.

The Dark Below was built in three months. This has been planned for a year. They're not making the same mistakes as last go round.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Looking forward to this one, for several reasons.

Coming in at the same price as The Dark Below and having a patrol zone is a pretty massive upgrade from D1.

eh...wasn't Dark Below heavily criticized for having small amounts of content for a $20 DLC?

Kill3r7

eh...wasn't Dark Below heavily criticized for having small amounts of content for a $20 DLC?

Yep but to a certain extent bashing Destiny was the trendy thing to do. It offered a raid which in my book will always make it better than house of wolves.

GhaleonEB

Yes, it rightly was. It was small because it was built in a very tight timeline. This wasn't. From the bullet points alone it's clearly dwarfing TDB for the same price.

Banned
Destiny 2 dlc details spoiled on XBL instead of PSN? What kind of co-marketing betrayalton is this?!

:p

Cruxist

Yes, but by all accounts, whatever their initial plans were for DLC 1 were scrapped after the poorly received launch. That means Dark Below was cobbled together in 9 weeks. Which is pretty impressive all things considered. And the Crota raid is still conceptually pretty cool.

george_us

Damn if we're getting a new play space then I might pick up the season pass. Sounds like there's more content there than both of Destiny 1s expansions put together.

Top Bottom