• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: Fall 2017, new geographies/audiences, for core/casual players, story focus

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Put it on PC with 60+ fps and I'm in. Destiny is such fun but a lot could be improved. My biggest issue was trying to find people to do raids/nightfalls with. All I want is for them to add an ingame finder or communties. Just make it easier to get together without having to post on forums/sites and wait for people.

They just said they're releasing the Destiny sequel this year, in the call, one again. It feels like it's really coming this year. I wonder when Bungie will start to talk about it.

As I said in another thread I expect full reveal over the next 2 months. March or April

hydruxo

A spire is forming

Seriously though I cannot fucking wait. Destiny is my most played game ever and I made so many incredible memories playing it with friends. Destiny 2 not being held back by last gen consoles is going to be a real treat.

Theorry

Wait what?

C4QRXntWEAEWpT4.jpg

SpecX

Honestly I have to agree with this. Bungie has been given more than enough extra time to get Destiny 2 out and you can tell resources are being poured into that project with the lack of focus being put onto Destiny. If they miss 2017, they have themselves to blame and I won't judge or get upset with Activision unless they somehow end up being the cause of the delay.

ZehDon

It's a sequel alright. Why in the hell would someone agree to a loss of stock due to development delays?
Well, after their last delay, Bungie's CEO stepped down. The stock option was likely a sweetener to calm Activision's fears about further delays. Given Activision's financial investment and Bungie's current track record with Destiny, it's hard to blame them.

Moa

Destiny 2 is on track for release this fall according to the investors call.

I
  • f you loved Destiny 1, you'll love Destiny 2
  • Cinematic story is a huge focus with a cast of memorable characters
  • Specifically called "Destiny 2"

Midas

Destiny question in the Q&A!

"Development is going great and is indeed on track for this fall. Big reveal plan, we're going to let the game do the talking. Our team and great partners at Bungie are doing a great job at two fronts"

"Great cinematic story, great cast of rememberable characters" "More accessible to casual players, not removing stuff that core players like"

"Coming this fall"

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Also coming to new markets and geographies they haven't reached before, i.e. a PC version that will also help them do better in Asia and Eastern Europe.

Belakor

Banned
I hope it's better than the first.

Like I hope is has a bigger emphasis on story and character development in game.

Hell yeah.Where was the world building and story that Bungie had delivered with the Halo universe?

I can definitely say there was some interesting backstory in Destiny,but the central story and characters were so bland that seemed ridiculous

I could see them keeping quiet until E3 then having a total news blowout. Announce a beta with an extra week for PS4 users, and the start of a blog with weekly updates, interviews, and screenshots leading up to release in September/October. That way they don't have people waiting for too long, and they can fuel the hype train weekly, keeping buzz going on Reddit, GAF, Kotaku, etc for the entire lead-up to launch.

Just give me better story development from the start without any outrageous claims and I'll gladly jump back in. The multiplayer was fun, but it wasn't enough to keep me invested in the long run.

Im still not sure why people were expecting this to get announced before before the last dlc for Destiny released. Seems like shooting yourself in the foot. Go buy the collection!! Give money. Well if the rumors end up true, I'll probably pick it up. Destiny wasn't amazing, but it had potential.

Also, I still talk to people who think that everything will carry over. lol

jax

Banned
That's totally how it will be
That's really unfortunate. Microsoft and 343 seem to be incapable of making a Halo game, and Destiny 1 is so close to Halo but that CoD play 400 hours and win crap is the worst.

I guess I'll have to stick to Overwatch for my skill based FPS needs.

Destiny question in the Q&A!

"Development is going great and is indeed on track for this fall. Big reveal plan, we're going to let the game do the talking. Our team and great partners at Bungie are doing a great job at two fronts"

"Great cinematic story, great cast of rememberable characters" "More accessible to casual players, not removing stuff that core players like"

"Coming this fall"

But it was all playable terrain, right? Yep, I'll believe it when I see it. This is not me being silly either.... there was a lot of stuff that was better in that e3 gameplay video compared to launch.

Floody

Expected, but still nice, a September release seems like a safe bet, right?
I just hope they've remembered what they learned with Destiny, I eventually ended up loving the game, but I won't be as forgiving if it's as poor as vanilla Destiny was.

Madness

Luke tha god Smith going to make sure Destiny 2 is amazing. Putting him in charge was a great step. They took all the story criticisms to heart which is why Taken King and Rise of Iron much better than vanilla. Now if they could focus on the PvP and more skilled multiplayer aspect, could sway me away from Halo. It was a little to casual friendly and unfair for my tastes. Fair and equal starts, no randomness in PvP for me please.

MrS

Banned
Another rush job. GG Activision
Surely one must blame Bungie for signing its life away and offering part of the company if they fail to agree set targets. Like, why even agree to targets you know you're gonna have to make huge compromises to hit. Doesn't make any sense to me but I'm not surprised to see the usual "Bad Guy Activision" rumblings.

That's really unfortunate. Microsoft and 343 seem to be incapable of making a Halo game, and Destiny 1 is so close to Halo but that CoD play 400 hours and win crap is the worst.

I guess I'll have to stick to Overwatch for my skill based FPS needs.

Man I don't understand how anyone can hate on Halo 5's multiplayer. It is quite possibly the best in the series, with only Halo 2 being a contender for being better. It's lightyears beyond halo Reach and Halo 3's multiplayer.

Some Nobody

Gonna need to see proof of "story focus" first, but glad to see this confirmed for this year. Should be another big year for games all around.

But it was all playable terrain, right? Yep, I'll believe it when I see it. This is not me being silly either.... there was a lot of stuff that was better in that e3 gameplay video compared to launch.

This was explained to death in the other thread. It is playable terrain, glitch out there and its fully playable. Same as in Halo, you could go to areas in the distance. Nothing is there mind you, but it is indeed, playable terrain.

Top Bottom