• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: Forsaken |OT| Destiny's endgame is no longer forsaken

LordOfChaos

Y'know what I don't get?

After months of a broken beta, why isn't Guided Games just regular ass matchmaking?

I waited about 40 minutes not being able to do anything else in game for a guided game, got an invite to join a clan, had 4 members so we waited some more, and then the clan leader decided to leave, taking me back to square one.

What I don't get is why this can't just be matchmaking? Find 5 other guardians and make chat mandatory, and that's that, way faster than trying to find a clan of 4/5 people to guide 1/2, the math will never work out on that unless there's serious rewards for helping.

Really frustrating for those who want to do the raid but don't have 5 reliable D2 players to come along.

Hi guys, I finally managed to buy Black Armory dlc, do you have some useful tips on it?

Also, how do I unlock the other 2 subclasses fast? I'm stuck on Destiny since november, lost contact with the latest news and contents

Blind Well Tier 2 for the second. Not guaranteed to be fast, though.

I got mine on the very first T2 well I ran, but it took my buddy... IDK a lot.

For the third, it's just more Blind Well grinding to complete the Gateway Between Worlds bounty.

Once you get the offering, turn it in to the Oracle Engine and you get your seed of light.

Blind Well Tier 2 for the second. Not guaranteed to be fast, though.

I got mine on the very first T2 well I ran, but it took my buddy... IDK a lot.

For the third, it's just more Blind Well grinding to complete the Gateway Between Worlds bounty.

Once you get the offering, turn it in to the Oracle Engine and you get your seed of light.

Thanks bro 🌹

Havoc2049

Hi guys, I finally managed to buy Black Armory dlc, do you have some useful tips on it?

Also, how do I unlock the other 2 subclasses fast? I'm stuck on Destiny since november, lost contact with the latest news and contents

Here are a few videos on how to unlock the Forge and then complete the Forge.

Dthomp

Ugh Forges, another example of something that sounded cool that ended up being a wet fart chore to do in game...

Ovek

7Member7
Ugh Forges, another example of something that sounded cool that ended up being a wet fart chore to do in game...

Now welcome Gambit Prime... a "sweatier" version of it's namesake. Only difference is that this never sounded cool, it's literal only saving grace is that it's only one round.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Now welcome Gambit Prime... a "sweatier" version of it's namesake. Only difference is that this never sounded cool, it's literal only saving grace is that it's only one round.
Gambit is fun though... Except when I lose lol. Honestly some people are just brutal at it. Invading with 15 motes and they suck lol.

Ovek

7Member7
Gambit is fun though... Except when I lose lol. Honestly some people are just brutal at it. Invading with 15 motes and they suck lol.

Gambit was cool for the first match, everything after that is a tired slog and that's in a clan/team. If you have to play with randos it's basically torture.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Gambit was cool for the first match, everything after that is a tired slog and that's in a clan/team. If you have to play with randos it's basically torture.
Never felt that way, ive always loved it. The pvpve part is so much fun. One player can literally turn the tide of a battle.

Dthomp

I fully believe this is the beginning of the end. This DLC or Season being 100% focused on a game mode that has been super polarizing is a hail mary they didn't need to throw. Me personally, can't stand Gambit, and listening to the bungie guys leads right back to having a ton of people working on a game that none of them actually play. Was regular gambit not Sweaty? Every loadoat being set to be a 4 second burn along with 4 Linear Fusions?

There is nothing in this season for a strictly PVE or PVP player outside of "pinnacle" weapons, which are eh in my book, only because these weapons shouldn't be the only thing to play for in an entire season. We will get a Yr3 D1 nerfed to shit Thorn the second week of the new season and have nothing to do outside of the boring chore grind of milestones.

They need an entire new leveling system in place for DLCs cause raise it 50 and pray for RNG milestones is just dumb.

The other thing that players and bungie dont' see yet is with the game being down in player base right now, how much worse is EVERY mode going to be with another mode taking away players? Quickplay is a sweatfest, because the only other option is sweaty Comp. Too many game modes and activities and not enough players. This season should have been a season to get people back, not double down on a controversial game mode.

This game is suffering from major balancing issues on the PVP side, sandbox is boring and stale both PVP and PVE, Enhancement Cores? Still a chore, Mods? These should have just been trashed at the end of yr 1 and had all perks put back into the perk pool for weapons and let guns roll with any perks to make REAL Random rolls, not these "Fixed" Random Rolls.

I've already mostly stopped playing D2 and actually returned to D1 and deleted my charac,ters to replay the game (And I 100% believe D1 is a better game right now), as well as been playing Anthem (Which had anothe major update today...so 3 in two weeks as apposed to 3 in a year and a half of lazy D2?). With the Division 2 in a few weeks (and for me MLB 19) D2 is mostly a done game for me now. Next season being Leviathan is just a continuation of a season pass I had no interest in any of it. I should not have gave Bungie the benefit of the doubt with this Annual Pass

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I'm a return player who quit after Warmind. Are there any pre-Forsaken quest lines that are worth the chore? I seem to have a lot of started quests from Warmind and maybe older. Otherwise I'll stick the the Forge and Forgotten City stuff right?

Meccs

I just made it to the Dreaming City. I am power level 500 and everything that drops is also level 500. I figured out that this is the soft cap and you need to do stuff that gives you "powerful gear". But does this mean everything that drops will continue to give me only 500 gear? If so, what is the point of public events giving you loot if it's a auto dismantle?

Dthomp

I just made it to the Dreaming City. I am power level 500 and everything that drops is also level 500. I figured out that this is the soft cap and you need to do stuff that gives you "powerful gear". But does this mean everything that drops will continue to give me only 500 gear? If so, what is the point of public events giving you loot if it's a auto dismantle?

Public events are a complete waste of time unless you care about the milestone for each week. They are useless otherwise. Finish up all the story stuff until you can get the drifter bounties that give you the guaranteed 640 gearset and skip over months of tedious boring grind.

VertigoOA

Banned
D2’s outbreak prime quest just went live... real

The community is working on it as we speak.

Love these surprise drops

Last edited:
Top Bottom