• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT| Here We Go Again

ocean

Banned
I'm gonna start D.2 using jumper. Couldn't do it in D.1 but since it's a new game...

Stoopid middle of the week release! Too bad I can't stock up on sleepy time now and trade today's wakey time for Wednesday mornings sleepy time 😡
It’s insane that Jumper isn’t the default control scheme. It’s so, so much better.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I’ve got it coming in from Amazon at release but I don’t know if I want to touch it until the X comes out. Might as well play it in 4K, it looks very pretty already.

Kyne

Time to get back on the saddle.

See you in space DGaf.

giphy.gif

deafmedal

I switched to jumper during some iron banner. It was frustrating as hell. But it's worth it.
Being able to easily aim while jumping is a game changer.

Of course we could always switch to that other control scheme... The one that releases in a month or so *shudders*

Peasant fo life!

Pepin

Big 'ol spoiler-free interview just went up w/ Noseworthy on The Daily Star

Choice bits:

How much of Destiny 2 do you see as a springboard into further experiences or future games?

All of it! Destiny 2 is really a story about the Light, and what it means to be a Guardian, and we think Destiny 2 will cast a long shadow on subsequent games, and it will matter, and we are building towards something.

We’re not going to say the story [from Destiny 1] is unrelated… with every sequel, we’re going to take the opportunity to go back to a level playing field and introduce new players and get a fresh start.

And that’ll mean certain things narratively. But we certainly see the next few games and expansions tying together narratively in a way that they all build upon each other.

We don’t want to get to a place where you can’t play Destiny 3 because you missed some DLC and now you don’t know what’s going on… we’d never do that. But certainly the big beats in the sequels will together tell a story that we think is pretty cool.

We’ve taken a lot of effort to make sure we’re not dumbing down the game: we have the same complexity that we had before, with many of the same mechanics, but rolled out in a way that’s more intuitive and can be followed in a way that they don’t have to have someone explain to them, or where players have to go to the internet.

Will every Raid have just as much history to it as Vault of Glass and Kabr, delivered to players through items and Exotics?

Absolutely, yes. And we might have even more in store there, too, but we want to save some stuff for our players to discover.

But there’s definitely a cool story around the Raid, and we think people will appreciate that, especially as they play it more and more.

I switched to jumper during some iron banner. It was frustrating as hell. But it's worth it.
Being able to easily aim while jumping is a game changer.
Exactly what happened to me as well. I was making so many mistakes since Destiny was the first I've ever used that control scheme. But now I'm used to it and I even use it in Overwatch.

Does anyone on PS4 use the Nacon Pro revolution controller? It's essentially a PS4 Scuff controller but cheaper.

Snubbers

I think Destiny 2 gave my PS4 another lease on life.

When I read that D2 was gonna require 67+GB, I ordered a 2TB SHDD immediately. Of course, I was mistaken with the size requirements, but my HDD had been giving me trouble (had to re-install everything once cause it got corrupted) so a new HDD was in the cards.

I just picked up a PS4 Pro on the weekend (having sold my PS4 last month), and already have a Firecuda 2TB SSHD on order as DF found some good gains especially when it's cached game data correctly!

Can't wait for this on PS4 Pro, I'll be eventually playing on all platforms, which makes it a real shame about no cross platform character sharing or import/export.. but I've got good a levelling up quickly in D1 so it's not the end of the world!

I’ve got it coming in from Amazon at release but I don’t know if I want to touch it until the X comes out. Might as well play it in 4K, it looks very pretty already.
Play it at release so you're up to date and can appreciate the upgrade you paid for when it arrives.

ethomaz

Banned
I am very excited to play it like a Crazy man.

I just want to get the last trophy (the bells one) in Destiny 1 before focus on Destiny 2 in two days.

Love is the one word related with Destiny.

void666

Banned
Of course we could always switch to that other control scheme... The one that releases in a month or so *shudders*

Peasant fo life!

Mouse and keyboard is jumper on steroids.
I was planning to play the pc version with a controller. But m/k felt so good i'm not so sure anymore.

ocean

Banned
I am very excited to play it like a Crazy man.

I just want to get the last trophy (the bells one) in Destiny 1 before focus on Destiny 2 in two days.

Love is the one word related with Destiny.
The jingle bells trophy is also the only one I’m missing. Getting a bunch of people together for it seems like a hassle though

Nightz

Hyped to jump back in to Destiny. Played with some of DGAF in the original game, looking forward to interacting with the community again.

GutZ31

Nice OT, only gripe is it should say "4 whole new zones to explore instead of worlds". Hopefully they are vast and full of stuff to do.

Hope console people enjoy, will jump on the game once it's out on pc.
Although I can see your point, it also doesn't properly illustrate the location of the patrols.

World's is accurate, as each location is on a world of its own. But a zone could mean one world with multiple locations.

I guess the best option is just calling it "4 whole new locations to explore across 4 planetary destinations."

ethomaz

Banned
The jingle bells trophy is also the only one I’m missing. Getting a bunch of people together for it seems like a hassle though
Hey Ocean... I will be online tonight (I'm at work right now)... we can try to do it... I read it only requires 2 guys.

I really wish to have 100% trophies before Destiny 2 launch :D

Haines

Banned
This game scared me.

Rpgs scare me in general.

My goal is to make good use of my time playing and not worry about rushing but play it for a long time instead.

deafmedal

It's hard for me to hate Rahool since he converted my first purple engram into Ye Olde Ghallerhorn the night Xür first sold it...

Seriously, fuck Raul. I hope Gaul stepped on him, crushing the light that powered that charlatan

etta

my hard graphic balls
Play it at release so you're up to date and can appreciate the upgrade you paid for when it arrives.
I don’t want to burn out on it, and I mostly plan to play the campaign on it honestly, so once that's done... . There’s too many other games and not enough time to play all, and Siege is the only game I keep coming back to.

Here we go again.

I like it.

I've for the most part stayed away from gaf threads on Destiny 2 to avoid knowing too much.

I'm really interested in how this ones going to be received and what kind of sales numbers it'll have.

ocean

Banned
Hey Ocean... I will be online tonight (I'm at work right now)... we can try to do it... I read it only requires 2 guys.

I really wish to have 100% trophies before Destiny 2 launch :D
I’ll be available in like 8 hours, and for a few hours after that. PM me on Discord when you’re on and let’s ring those bells

DeviantBoi

I just picked up a PS4 Pro on the weekend (having sold my PS4 last month), and already have a Firecuda 2TB SSHD on order as DF found some good gains especially when it's cached game data correctly!

Can't wait for this on PS4 Pro, I'll be eventually playing on all platforms, which makes it a real shame about no cross platform character sharing or import/export.. but I've got good a levelling up quickly in D1 so it's not the end of the world!

That's the one I got - the Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Seibmoz

To the people needing to past the time Spotify has the soundtracks for Destiny, Taken King and Rise of Iron up to listen right now!!

radiohead1

Neo Member
Does anyone on PS4 use the Nacon Pro revolution controller? It's essentially a PS4 Scuff controller but cheaper.[/QUOTE said:
I use the Horipad FPS Plus, which is way cheaper than a Scuff and it has a little button where a paddle would be under the left side. I use this instead of jumper, but am always screwed if I play with somebody else's controller!

Incidentally, this controller also allows for some sort of auto-shooting but I've never tried it. The instructions were in Japanese and I never looked into it elsewhere!

noomi

Decided to do warlock for PS4. Not going to make the other 2 classes on console.

Once PC hits, hunter first and then the other two. 100% commited to PC after that, and will likely only play PS4 warlock just to play with friends who are still there.

Shame we couldnt have cross save :/

MikeBison

Beyond hyped! Can't wait for Wednesday (uk gaf). Getting the edition with the season pass for PS4, looked great on the pro.

Interestingly enough, just ordered everything to build a PC and get a free code with my graphics card, so will at the very least try it out on PC. But all my friends are on console.

But I see some people talking about cross save. Is it hinted at? Game changer if true!!!

Can't see why it would be an issue, being saved server side etc.

Hope it's not just a one-time transfer thing like last gen to current gen was.

WipedOut

Decided to do warlock for PS4. Not going to make the other 2 classes on console.

Once PC hits, hunter first and then the other two. 100% commited to PC after that, and will likely only play PS4 warlock just to play with friends who are still there.

Shame we couldnt have cross save :/

I'm doing all 3 and hoping for an eventual cross save or at the very least a character transfer like they did for PS3/PS4 - XB360/XB1

I'll just play one dude on the PC until that happens

Top Bottom