• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT| Here We Go Again

Anyone wants to help me with Nightfall? I'm a Titan-Sentinel @ 268. PSN: Mr_Kuschels.
Please send me an invite or let me know, if it's okay to add you.

Dalek

Prepping for first raid ever. PL 240 and climbing. Glad to be in a Gaf clan. Hoping by the weekend.

A few noob raid questions:

1. Does your progress save somehow so you can return or do you have to do it with your party in one sitting?

2. I don't use a mic- big issue?

3. Generally how long does it take?

1. There are checkpoints
2. You will not be able to proceed without a mic. Communication is crucial.
3. Depends on the group-but several hours at least.

Megasoum

Banned
Just got "The Prospector"... That's cool to get an exotic... Except for the fact that it'S a fucking Grenade Launchers and they are, by far, the worst weapons in that game... Ugh

ZeoVGM

Banned
Two things:

1) You need to be able to view challenges in the director. Make it L2 for milestones and R2 when hovering over a destination for challenges.

2) The new Crucible map is beautiful.

jmartoine

Just got "The Prospector"... That's cool to get an exotic... Except for the fact that it'S a fucking Grenade Launchers and they are, by far, the worst weapons in that game... Ugh

It will do work with Arc burns. 8 grenades in the barrel and full auto will wreck.

ValfarHL

I'm at PL 275 and haven't done Mida, Nightfall or raid yet. Should I do the nightfall and raid before getting the Mida at max level?

Tei

Neo Member
Destiny and Warframe are now in the same universe. The Orokin are just some dudes that stolen Cabal Imperial Palaces ships.

Tei

Neo Member
Destiny is just weird just now.

When I come home from work, the game rain on me exotic engrams and special engrams and normal legendary engrams.

I believe the reason is the game now have a lot of hidden soft-caps. So if you have been working 8 hours + 8 hours sleeping, all the cooldowns are finished and you are eligible for rewards.

But if you poopsock for 14 hours, you hit all the soft-caps and and the cooldowns remove you from eligible rewards. So you are slowed down and you get a exotic engram once in the session, or less.

This make the game feel somewhat like a mobile phone game where you have to login daily to get rewards, then do something else with your time.

Is all a conspiracy to force people to marry and have children's and have a productive life instead of being a useless sofa potato.

I heard wormens are a high mantenance thing, and childres are even worse. They literally vampire their way to your pockets and lifeforce.

Spoilers for secret areas of raid.
So we've been exploring the secret areas of the ship blindly for a while and we've figures some stuff out. We found multiple chests or doors which we can hear chests, but we don't know the combination to get to some. Does nsyone know what the Engine Key chest leverl combination is? Also it's cool that the checkpoint system is based on knowledge of the environment. Instead of just loading in. But could get annoying.

Tei

Neo Member
Spoilers for secret areas of raid.
So we've been exploring the secret areas of the ship blindly for a while and we've figures some stuff out. We found multiple chests or doors which we can hear chests, but we don't know the combination to get to some. Does nsyone know what the Engine Key chest leverl combination is? Also it's cool that the checkpoint system is based on knowledge of the environment. Instead of just loading in. But could get annoying.

I have not problem getting spoiled. Somebody feed me information about how the checkpoint system works.

cilonen

Supremacy might be the literal worst Crucible mode. Like, I feel like I keep teaming up with people that dont know how the objective works.

In a match I was in yesterday I saw someone take out two enemies then simply run off into the distance leaving me to be lasered by the enemy teammates coming to secure the crests as I got close.

People have no clue how this works.

LiK

Did 4 strikes this morning and went up 2 PL. 285 now. The climb is too easy. Just hope for engram drops and infuse.

JWiLL

Banned
Slightly late compared to most in this thread and just making my way through the campaign over the last couple nights (only get a few hours to play on weeknights).

Cayde's "I don't have time explain" line was perfectly placed.

First time arriving at "Utopia" on Titan and the intros to Nessus and Io were both jaw dropping moments - the environments in this game are incredible (really can't wait to see these in 1440p 100+ fps next month). Traversing deeper in to the hive ship on Titan was one of the best moments so far.

I'm really liking Failsafe as an NPC too, although the malfunctioning AI behavior is too close to Warframe's Ordis to be a coincidence. Don't mean that as a negative, I'm sure both dev teams play each others games.

The campaign overall is just so far ahead of the first game and I haven't even touched any of the Adventures on Nessus or Io, or completed all of them on Titan.

JWiLL

Banned
as a Warlock main this time around, I'm ashamed to call Ikora my Vanguard mentor.

She laments how useless she's been
She's afraid to die
She is quick to stop Hawthorne from joining the fight just because she's not a Guardian
She has otherwise always seemed incredibly self assured to the point of being arrogant, and now when the chips are down, her true colors clearly show

It is known. Warlocks are cowards.

Yeah... but Gina Torres did some really great voice work.

mitch1971

Anyone on the firmware beta having trouble playing Destiny 2. Each time I load it up it says I must update my firmware to the latest 4.74. Im technically on a later one as it is. Why is this suddenly happening?

DjRalford

Anyone on the firmware beta having trouble playing Destiny 2. Each time I load it up it says I must update my firmware to the latest 4.74. Im technically on a later one as it is. Why is this suddenly happening?

Even if you have 5.00 you have to DL 4.74 for online play

And get in the new OT people!

Flipside

Anyone up for the Nightfall/final part of the rat king questline (or someone who just wants to beat the NF with 5 min left for fun ;) )?

289 Titan here. PSN: FlipsideXL

IMACOMPUTA

I've gotten three exotic engrams so far.
All three have been sweet business.

Fuuuuuuuuuck thiiiiiis gaaaaaame!

Edit: dismantled one and got 3 weapon parts :(

FFMafia

Finally wrapped up the main quest line and working on doing all the adventures. Think I'm at 211 right now. Feels like this is gonna be quite the grind to hit 260.

Looking forward to raiding with the community. Missed out on that in D1 because I jumped in so late.

Adventures are repeatable. Just do patrols. Real fast upgrade path

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Seven-Six-Five
or
Tango-45

Opinions?

I got a Tango and was loving it. Then got a "765" and was getting that Hung Jury vibe from it.

Trying to decide which one to infuse up.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone tell me what robes these two are? Not asking about the boots shown.

hardmodebootsofsekris.jpg

Kaelan

About to do the raid, fresh run. Looking for ppl who have done it before and are experienced Must have mics. PSN: Lethal234

Top Bottom