• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Also Shader Dilemma

The Fashionista in me wants to go #1 Watermelon for that Dragon Scale Reptilian type look

1:
R5QvlGo.jpg

2:
dxPPP81.jpg

3:
xIl28Bj.jpg

Hmmm...

Fake News Edit: Top of the Page, Hype!

The quest where you need an exotic engram is annoying af. I just do PEs or something until one finally randomly drops?

Also, how the hell do you trigger the heroic pe with the taken balls?

No.

Fighting lion. Congrats you got the worst exotic weapon I've ever known in destiny.

interestingly

I saw a video of a guy wrecking shit in crucible with fighting lion

Apparently when used right it can turn the tables on a team shooting engagement

nothing saving it in PvE though at the moment

edgefusion

Do they attempt to skill match players in Crucible? That seems to be the norm for PvP games but Destiny doesn't seem to do it? There's always really wild differences in skill level in any given match, with some players getting efficiency ratings over 5 or 6 while others sit well below 1.

xuchu

Still haven't got the raid rocket launcher - Sins of the Past - despite x3 raids on different characters and classes this week. So, it's time to mindlessly grind strikes 4 vanguard tokens at a time hoping for a curtain call drop from rank up package. I'm prepared for utter disappointment :(

Damn. So finally tried the raid and Trials last night with a friend of mine and we got stomped. Hard. (to no fault of the GAF members who helped us - they were great and super helpful. I started to feel terrible that we kept fucking up so much, lol). We couldn't get past the (early area spoiler)
Pleasure Gardens
in the raid.

But boy. I felt useless most of the time. I thought I was pretty decent at the game but clearly Trials can be next level stuff. There was one clan we played against where I got a total of THREE kills the entire match. Just awful. And here I was thinking that I clean up real well in casual Crucible. What a rude awakening that was.

A bit disheartening. We're hoping to give it another spin tonight, but we'll see. I might be completely outclassed when it comes to this end game stuff.

Got my Warlock up to 280+ which was my final one so all three now up with at least one perk set (for each subclass) complete - coincidentally all void and all bottom perk sets.

Happy to have them back to choose between. Maybe now I can focus on getting the raid done!

Still no idea which to consider my main. I was Warlock all the way in D1 but I've really enjoyed all of them pretty equally, in different ways, so far.

I didn't think I'd like the Hunter ability as much as the others but moving from it to the Lock made me really miss being able to reload quickly, and to do so often. Was surprised how much I felt it, especially with bosses and power weapons. Also flying over a boss setting off six or seven shadowshots into them just oozes style. Sentinel Titan is absolutely amazing and the Warlock feels better than ever.

Not a dilemma I expected, but one that's nice to have.

Nero18

Damn. So finally tried the raid and Trials last night with a friend of mine and we got stomped. Hard. (to no fault of the GAF members who helped us - they were great and super helpful. I started to feel terrible that we kept fucking up so much, lol). We couldn't get past the (early area spoiler)
Pleasure Gardens
in the raid.

Im 283 power and I haven't touched the raid yet because I fear this will happen. So jaded at this point with LFG people.

MrBlonde

I just tried hopping on to play for an hour and I am getting the error code Anteater every 10seconds and I can't play!!! Wtf is this? Never seen this before!

The quest where you need an exotic engram is annoying af. I just do PEs or something until one finally randomly drops?

Also, how the hell do you trigger the heroic pe with the taken balls?
If you can do a nightfall that would be a good option. If not do strikes. What light level are you?

For the heroic you have to destroy the satellite balls.

If you can do a nightfall that would be a good option. If not do strikes. What light level are you?

No for the heroic you have to move in and out of the black domes to get a buff called blight receding and then shoot the main orb while that buff is active. Hard to do alone if people don't know what they're supposed to be doing though.

Pleasure Gardens
in the raid.

But boy. I felt useless most of the time. I thought I was pretty decent at the game but clearly Trials can be next level stuff. There was one clan we played against where I got a total of THREE kills the entire match. Just awful. And here I was thinking that I clean up real well in casual Crucible. What a rude awakening that was.

A bit disheartening. We're hoping to give it another spin tonight, but we'll see. I might be completely outclassed when it comes to this end game stuff.

I think the reality is practise makes perfect and there are people who have been raiding/ running trials for years now

Only way to stop making the mistakes is too jump in... make them and learn from them!

I will say making the mistake that blows the raid/ trials game will always suck especially because your ruining things for the others around you

I guess that's what also makes winning at that stuff feel so good though!

So I got actium war rig and sweet business which pretty much equals complete devastation BUT I want to play with other builds. Pretty much every Titan exotic armor I have come across is not... very good. What is everyone using for PvE?

Also what do some consider the best energy auto rifle in the game that isn’t exotic?

The best exotic kinetic weapon?

xuchu

So I got actium war rig and sweet business which pretty much equals complete devastation BUT I want to play with other builds. Pretty much every Titan exotic armor have have come across is not... very good. What is everyone using for PvE?

Also what do some consider the best energy auto rifle in the game that isn’t exotic?

Yeah, I'm using that sweet business + actium war rig combo for my titan and it's awesome.

Uriels gift is a very good energy auto rifle.

I'm stuck at 266 at the moment. Just going through the level guide and need the exotic engram for drang or whatever its called.

Might try Nightfall later if I dont get an exotic to drop.

I just don’t like the timer mechanic in the NF at all. I don’t like hunting around the map for 30 second timer things to shoot.

And I don’t like playing a strike with a burn and feeling like I have to watch the clock all the time.

Knowing Bungie, they'll cave in to the complaints and remove the timer by the time Curse of Osiris releases in December.

So don't worry

gatti-man

So I got actium war rig and sweet business which pretty much equals complete devastation BUT I want to play with other builds. Pretty much every Titan exotic armor I have come across is not... very good. What is everyone using for PvE?

Actium war rig and sweet business is the only choice for pve.

Knowing Bungie, they'll cave in to the complaints and remove the timer by the time Curse of Osiris releases in December.

So don't worry

I hope not as I like the trial-and-error nature of it and then the planning (coming up with different strats) if you don't get it the first time through.

A solution might be to have three tiers for the Nightfall...

Normal (traditional Nightfall similar to Destiny)
Heroic (what we have now with a timer)
Prestige (again, same as we have now with a shorter timer, tougher enemies, higher PL, etc)

...although removing the timer will make these Nightfalls extremely easy and trivial thus defeating the purpose of a Nightfall.

I really hope Bungie has different modifiers in mind for next go-around on these strikes or the Nightfalls are going to become super boring if it's a cycle of rinse-and-repeat.

TyrantII

You'll naturally get better at the raid, keep at it.

Trials... Takes a major investment of time and practice. It's sweaty competition in it's highest form, so don't feel bad getting stomped.

I hope not as I like the trial-and-error nature of it and then the planning (coming up with different strats) if you don't get it the first time through.

A solution might be to have three tiers for the Nightfall...

Normal (traditional Nightfall similar to Destiny)
Heroic (what we have now with a timer)
Prestige (again, same as we have now with a shorter timer, tougher enemies, higher PL, etc)

...although removing the timer will make these Nightfalls extremely easy and trivial thus defeating the purpose of a Nightfall.

I really hope Bungie has different modifiers in mind for next go-around on these strikes or the Nightfalls are going to become super boring if it's a cycle of rinse-and-repeat.

I would think the answer would be obvious - guided games nightfall should have the timer removed, since its deliberately 1 random + 2 semi-friends, maybe no voice comms, so it SHOULD be the easier mode that "anyone" can do with a lot of fuckups.

Normal and prestige as it is.

Blam, a bunch of problems solved at once. If you just wanna play casual play guided games. Much, much stronger incentive for clans to run guided games since you can't really fail anymore, you'll get those guided points or whatever the hell they are that don't seem to really do anything, and queue times should shorten drastically as more people become guides (people always gravitate towards the easiest option). Normal/guided should absolutely still drop the same rewards though, if normal drops one engram more or anything then people will still prefer to do that.

mhayze

I'm stuck at 266 at the moment. Just going through the level guide and need the exotic engram for drang or whatever its called.

Might try Nightfall later if I dont get an exotic to drop.

Finally got around to getting the "Relics of the Golden Age" quest. Now to wait for an exotic engram to drop.

I saw a strong recommendation for getting on a fireteam with at least 2 players that stack the Fireteam medallion and then grind heroic public events - some of the ones in the EDZ go through ridiculously quickly.
http://www.gosunoob.com/destiny-2/fireteam-medallion-item-increases-exotic-drop-chance/

The 2 stack definitely helps - I'm not sure if it continues to stack past that

Top Bottom