Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Jan 5, 2012
I started playing recently due to Blizzard giving base game for free on PC and so far I'm doing mostly story mode.

I have rather mixed feelings about it so far - generally it's good game (although I preferred art style and climate of D1) but I feel zero incentive to start playing all those side missions just for loot. Another problem is story feels disconnected to D1.

Best aspect is core gameplay as shooting feels very satisfying.

IMHO it would be much better Halo style single player game with multi than service game it is currently.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
I have rather mixed feelings about it so far - generally it's good game (although I preferred art style and climate of D1) but I feel zero incentive to start playing all those side missions just for loot. Another problem is story feels disconnected to D1.
Huh? So much plays off of the lore of D1, though that could be me looking back from knowing what happens in Forsaken.

Ghaul comes to Earth because he was called by the Cabal goons who attacked the Dreadnought.

Nov 28, 2018
Haven't dove in yet. But saw this article:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insert...first-impression-with-its-power-requirements/

Mr Forbes Dude said:
The first Forge is buried in a new arena in the EDZ, and it’s recommended 610 power. That seemed…interesting, but given that I’m at the current max of 600, it seemed doable. My matchmade fireteam beat the thing with seconds left on the clock, as the arena spawns special enemies you have to kill to increase the timer, and throw the energy orbs they drop at the Forge.

But then there’s a round 2. 625 power enemies. Uhhhh okay. Well, we beat that too, though just by the skin of our teeth. But I knew what was coming next. A boss. 630 power. No more ball throwing. We were getting two-shot by everyone, now 30 below the power level. We got the boss down to maybe 75% health before the two minute clock expired. We failed. The reward, I kid you not, was two tokens (planet mats) and a blue.
and

Mr Forbes Dude said:
Again, I know that this is supposed to be an extension of the current endgame, but it’s also supposed to be an introduction to $35 worth of content, and right now it just slams the door in your face after 40 minutes. It will take many non-streamer, non-pro players a week or so to level enough to beat this first forge in matchmaking, most likely. It will take players who didn’t max out after Forsaken several weeks to do this, because the soft cap has not been raised and you just have to grind out milestones, which apparently, you should have been doing this entire time, or tough luck to you.

Jun 11, 2015
Chepstow, UK
Been on a bit of a break since Forsaken landed, due to the number of other titles launched around the same time. Popped in the other day to see that the Eververse offered a silly salute (aka the Rimmer) on purchase for Bright dust. Of course, i had to buy it.