• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

This game’s matchmaking is so fucking terrible. I have had three games - make it four!- in a row now where I was on a team of randoms vs a three stack. I’ve also yet to play a match that didn’t feel like the other team is made up of the best players ever and my team has never touched the game. As an ok competitive player at best, it makes me never want to play PvP.

Edit: game five I’m against a four stack! What a quality product.

pantsmith

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really like Leviathan and it's my 2nd fave now after KF.

I genuinely like all the raids for different reasons, and the Leviathan is no exception; the atmosphere is dope, the fights are novel, and the Calus encounter is a lot of fun.

I definitely was down on it at the beginning (running it blind), but its grown on me after a couple clears and some solid strategies.

TheZink

I just started playing this and I love it. Have no idea about the classes so I just picked Hunter. Didn’t like destiny 1 at all and am majorly surprised how awesome this game is.

Is Hunter a good class to go with?

lt519

Game is starting to wear thin already and that's a bad sign. I felt the same about RoI, which was all great content, but after reaching level cap there wasn't much going on except the chaotic PvP. While I'm better at the new PvP I think I prefer the old chaotic one. PvE content is old news at this point.

They really need different difficulty patrols, gear sets, etc. They could learn a lot from Diablo 3 in that respect, what makes loot and content enticing to keep playing (different Elite mobs, rifts, etc). There is absolutely zero penalty for dying, so you can just throw yourself over and over at encounters. Doesn't feel like there are any stakes.

There are just too many steps backwards, no cool puzzles to figure out, no reasons to explore, PvP options were neutered, no arenas, no strike exclusive gear, faction gear is gated, etc.

Just finished doing the weeklies on my second character and already feel like I was just going through the motions. My clan isn't even planning a second raid clear, it's bizzare, my clan just isn't that into it anymore. I get removing a lot of the frustrating grind, but they've removed almost all incentive to play higher end content besides looking fashionable.

I'll keep playing it, I enjoy the gameplay, but it's not going to be anywhere near my D1 playtime.

Koh

Gauntlet is excellent.
Castellum is fun.

The rest of the raid scores super low in my opinion.

Bathhouse is the worst. It feels completely unepic. There's no tension or excitement.

I also hate the underbelly maze. Where's the fun platforming?!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I just started playing this and I love it. Have no idea about the classes so I just picked Hunter. Didn’t like destiny 1 at all and am majorly surprised how awesome this game is.

Is Hunter a good class to go with?

Doesn't really matter what class you pick. Just go with the one that looks best and is fun to play.

I played Hunter in D1 then went Warlock in D2. Not sure if I should go Hunter or Warlock for PC. Not a huge fan of Titan.

TheZink

Doesn't really matter what class you pick. Just go with the one that looks best and is fun to play.

I played Hunter in D1 then went Warlock in D2. Not sure if I should go Hunter or Warlock for PC. Not a huge fan of Titan.
Thank you.

Anyone interested in the raid? Could start fresh or I have a checkpoint before Gauntlet. We can see if we could get 5 more
(I’m lv 300 but haven’t tried Calus yet)

Kyrios

Got up to power level 293 overall and now getting 283 engrams and drops. If I dip my overall level down a bit for other weapons, will I still get 283 drops or will they go back down to 281?

God I could stare at this Iron banner armor all day and drool. So hot so sexy.
bXX9rcz

PepperedHam

I love me some King's Fall. I was relatively absent from reading a lot of people's thoughts on it back during Taken King's relevance and I just assumed everyone else felt the same because my group and I loved running it every week, always had a blast.

Foxxsoxx

I know I'm in the minority here, but I really like Leviathan and it's my 2nd fave now after KF.

It's not a bad raid. A little too mechanic heavy with barely any actual gun skill in fights though. Wrath of the Machine was super fun because of all the shooting. If the mechanics and shooting were mixed better it would be higher on my list.

Xur, if you are lurking in this thread you can have all my Legendary Shards for the Lion Rampants, thanks again.

Who am I kidding even Xur knows Legendary Shards are useless.

Second best next to VoG. Granted, I didn't do WotM.

Gauntlet remains my favorite encounter in any raid in Destiny, and they actually managed to make a stealth sequence fun to play!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have recommendations for a YouTube series that runs through all of the Destiny 1 raids and shows / explains the mechanics and secrets of each? At this point I'm never going to play them, but I'm very curious.

Vanadium

I'm placing Leviathan at the bottom. It's not a bad raid really, I just never have much fun doing it other than Calus. I may be in the one in the minority in saying Wrath of the Machine is my favorite. I really like the fast pace and I think all the fights are a lot of fun. It feels like a good extension of the core Destiny mechanics and less a series of obtuse puzzles unrelated to the main game.

Crota is short and highly uneven, but I loved the darkness opening and the sword I always found to be a really fun mechanic. VoG still holds up but has problems with the protracted Oracle section. King's Fall has high, highs and some creative fights, but the Oryx fight is so convoluted, I never found it to be fun other than being the Brand of Immortality runner.

Does anyone have commendations for YouTube series that run through all the Destiny 1 raids and show / explain the mechanics and secrets of each? At this point I'm never going to play them, but I'm very curious.

I'm actually considering going back to try WoTM. Never tried it.

BLCKATK

Wrath of the Machine is my favorite too. It's a great time. The words I use to describe it are Intense, Frantic and Engaging. That's how I felt my first time through. Really enjoyed running it.

Side note: It can be really demoralizing to see the vocal Destiny community hubs turning on the game so quickly these past few weeks. Game definitely has problems, but I hope this built up of anger can be quelled in a reasonable way. The Destiny Community is definitely seeming a bit more.. on edge than usual. I'm not looking forward to losing spaces to actually discuss the game. I feel that Reddit has devolved into a place to rant about misgivings and hope that the Bungie, the great betrayer, takes notice.

Top Bottom